Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Charlotte,
    I am in the same position as you ! Let me know when you hear! This is really exciting! I was told that we should hear by the end of the week as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maden222)
    All candidates rotate through the same station once so yes you each get asked the same questions. The format is MMI, not group discussion. All the info you need is on their website:

The MMI, in addition to forming an overall impression of the student, will assess in particular the following areas:
     Broad awareness of health and social issues
     Caring
     Clinical communication
     Clinical data handling
     Empathy & insight
     Ethical awareness
     Motivation / experiences informing your decision to pursue a medical career
     Responsibilities of a doctor
     Resilience
     Understanding of professionalism

They have told you what they will be looking for so I would spend time thinking about these areas and how you might demonstrate these attributes - good luck.
    For the "clinical data handling", does that mean the half an hour maths test? Or is it another separate station where there is data handling

ReputationRep:
    Guys please help, will they be using our R&R form in one of the interview stations??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by academia123)
    Guys please help, will they be using our R&R form in one of the interview stations??
    They didn't in my interview last year, if so it's just on your work experience. R+R is scored as further process/step in inviting you for interview I believe.

ReputationRep:
    For the "clinical data handling", does that mean the half an hour maths test? Or is it another separate station where there is data handling
    It means the half hour maths test! I asked about this on the phone to clear it up in my head too haha

ReputationRep:
    The maths test is simple enough, don't worry I didn't even finish it and did ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le poms)
    The maths test is simple enough, don't worry I didn't even finish it and did ok.
    ok as in you got an offer? because i don;t think i'll be finished either

ReputationRep:
    Yeah got an offer a week after my interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le poms)
    Yeah got an offer a week after my interview
    Oh great! Thank you, and congrats on your offer did you feel that the real thing was harder than the practice one given on the website?

ReputationRep:
    Oh great! Thank you, and congrats on your offer did you feel that the real thing was harder than the practice one given on the website?
    I didn't know there was a practice one last year, it's reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rinski)
    Hi Charlotte,
    I am in the same position as you ! Let me know when you hear! This is really exciting! I was told that we should hear by the end of the week as well.
    If I haven't heard by around 4 today I'll call but I'm fed up of waiting now 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    If I haven't heard by around 4 today I'll call but I'm fed up of waiting now 😔
    I'd just phone up now if I were you! You've been waiting way too long!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    I'd just phone up now if I were you! You've been waiting way too long!!
    I've rand again and the woman (who is lovely) said that she's been badgering the admissions tutor who still hasn't looked at some applications! She said she's going to speak to him and call me back but she said it's very unfair that we've had to wait so long, it feels as though we were forgotten about really. I hope after all of this trouble they give us interviews!!

ReputationRep:
    I've rand again and the woman (who is lovely) said that she's been badgering the admissions tutor who still hasn't looked at some applications! She said she's going to speak to him and call me back but she said it's very unfair that we've had to wait so long, it feels as though we were forgotten about really. I hope after all of this trouble they give us interviews!!
    Oh wow! I was not expecting that!!
    But it is too late now anyways, isnt it? I mean, the last interview is on the 23th .. and the 2 weeks prior notice have passed already.
    Dont get me wrong, would be more than happy though to have less time to prepare if that means I get an interview
    Well, fingers crossed!
    For which course have you applied?
    Thank you for calling!

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I haven't been selected for interview. My degree doesn't have enough chemistry content in and I'm gutted as I turned down a job for this. I can't believe after all this waiting it's a rejection 😔

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I haven't been selected for interview. My degree doesn't have enough chemistry content in and I'm gutted as I turned down a job for this. I can't believe after all this waiting it's a rejection 😔
    I am so sorry! was really routing for you, are you planning on reapplying next year?

ReputationRep:
    I am so sorry! was really routing for you, are you planning on reapplying next year?
    Thank you means a lot, probably not. I can't take this rejection again to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Thank you means a lot, probably not. I can't take this rejection again to be honest
    Aww I don't remember did you apply as an undergrad as well as grad? Know how awful rejection feels, got straight rejections without interview as an undergrad

ReputationRep:
    Aww I don't remember did you apply as an undergrad as well as grad? Know how awful rejection feels, got straight rejections without interview as an undergrad
    Nope not before I've just lost all hope now so I'll have to think of another profession now

ReputationRep:
    Nope not before I've just lost all hope now so I'll have to think of another profession now
    If this was the 1st time you applied and you really were set on medicine, would really recommend taking a year out and getting a job as a health care assistant and applying again! I know how demoralising it can be hence me applying as a grad now having been rejected as an undergrad, and now I've got 2 interviews (fingers crossed for an offer). So if you really do have your heart set on it don't let med school rejection put you off (also you may think completely differently in a couple of weeks when you've had time for it to set in)

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.