Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else had any positive/negative communication re Farrar's 2016?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PupilLAD)
    Nope- nothing here.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Personalised invite email on Friday and a PG update.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiny92)
    Lincoln house Pupillage offer out within ten minutes of my interview. 19th interview and finally I got it. It's a tough process
    Well done! Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    I've got a clash in the morning of Saturday 4th June: supposed to be interviewing at No5 in Birmingham and Three Raymond Buildings in London. Anyone got an afternoon appointment at either they'd care to swap with me for? I'd be very grateful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiw.)
    I've got a clash in the morning of Saturday 4th June: supposed to be interviewing at No5 in Birmingham and Three Raymond Buildings in London. Anyone got an afternoon appointment at either they'd care to swap with me for? I'd be very grateful!
    Sorry my 3RB one is in the morning as well

ReputationRep:
    3RB unsuccessful officially out now

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Fenners?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalLab)
    Has anyone heard anything from Fenners?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope. I was starting to wonder... It has been a while!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treaties4U)
    Nope. I was starting to wonder... It has been a while!
    Definitely! Starting to wonder if it's a silent rejection...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Re fenners. They have in the past emailed rejections. They don't provide feedback for 1st round though.

ReputationRep:
    Re fenners. They have in the past emailed rejections. They don't provide feedback for 1st round though.
    Thanks for the info! Sounds like hope hasn't been lost yet then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1GC gateway updated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bob boblaw)
    Does anybody have experience of a first round at 5kbw they could share?
    First Round is a 10 mins advocacy exercise. Last year it was about whether or not there should be a UK bill of rights or not, together with discussions on who the odd one out on a list of names they provided was, and why you thought so.

Then there is general discussion with a panel of 3 about your CV and going through your application form.

2nd Round is an advocacy exercise. Last year was a sentencing hearing - acting for the prosecution.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I've been part of this group for the last three years. Last year I was lucky enough to get pupillage and I know that without the support of this group I wouldn't have always stayed sane (jury may still be out as to whether I am or not!). I remember often thinking that the success stories were certainly not going to be me in a few years - pupillage hunting can be really soul destroying that way. Then I became lucky enough to be in an incredible position and I got pupillage. I'm sure for so many of you, you will be in the same position in the future (whether that's a year or three from now).

Anyway, I always found it massively helpful to talk to people who'd done interviews at different sets so I thought I would offer my advice too. I've done first, second and third rounds at various places (all either criminal or mixed; London and regional).

I'll try to keep an eye out for any questions I can hopefully answer/give my tuppence for but if anyone wants to talk I'd be happy to.

If anyone wants to know where I've interviewed just let me know .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SevenAteNine)
    Thank you for your incredibly kind advice and optimistic post. I'd be grateful to know where you interviewed, if in case we have any crossovers!

Many thanks again. All the best.
    Thank you! I've seen you on TSR a fair bit and I always wondered in interview waiting rooms whether I was talking to various people I knew on TSR...

I'll post here as a couple of people have asked so it's probably easier than sending out a bunch of individual messages

I interviewed at:
    1COR Brighton (2nd rounds)
    25 Bedford Row (up to 3rd rounds)
    2 Bedford Row (1st rounds)
    Atkinson Bevan (1st rounds)
    Goldsmith (1st rounds)
    John Coffey (single round)
    Red Lion (1st rounds and single round - 2014 was a two round process, 2015 was single)
    187 Fleet St (2nd rounds)
    Carmelite (2nd rounds)
    15 Winckley Square (Preston) (single round)
    St Johns Buildings (Mancs) (1st rounds)
    Lincoln House (Mancs) (2nd rounds)
    KBW Leeds (2nd rounds)
    New Park Court (Leeds) (1st rounds)
    Dere St (Newcastle) (1st rounds)
    Trinity (Newcastle) (2nd rounds)

Edit: This sent accidentally before I could say good luck this year!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pupillage offers come like buses. Second offer out under the radar

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from The Justice First fellowship? I know today was the expected release date

ReputationRep:
    ICOR Brighton rejection email out now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eve McC)
    Has anyone heard back from The Justice First fellowship? I know today was the expected release date
    I haven't yet, I applied to St John's

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.