Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, today i was on TSR and i was talking to someone on a thread about revising and i told them that i usually revise for 9 hours a day during the easter holidays and this is what the person said ' no offense, but if you need to revise 9 hours a day to get A*s you're clearly not that smart and I dread to think what you're planning for A Level.'
    I felt a little disheartened and unhappy Do you guys reckon the person is right?
    I 'm only asking this to you guys because your my friends and i hope you would all help me out decide how many hours i should revise for.

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Btw, don't you think 5 A-levels are a bit too much?
    Not saying you can't do it, but if you're doing it for a university - they don't really care about the number of A-levels you took I guess, but they want 4 good solid ones. They even like 3 extremely good A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    So, today i was on TSR and i was talking to someone on a thread about revising and i told them that i usually revise for 9 hours a day during the easter holidays and this is what the person said ' no offense, but if you need to revise 9 hours a day to get A*s you're clearly not that smart and I dread to think what you're planning for A Level.'
    I felt a little disheartened and unhappy Do you guys reckon the person is right?
    I 'm only asking this to you guys because your my friends and i hope you would all help me out decide how many hours i should revise for.

Thanks guys
    If you can revise 9 hours a day and get all A*s, then you can revise 9 hours a day and get all A*s at A-level, if you understand it obviously. But, they are right to a certain extent because there are some people who revise 4 hours a day and still get A*s - but that's different, rarely.
    The majority of the people do what you do, so don't feel disheartened lol - think of it as a motivation to continue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    If you can revise 9 hours a day and get all A*s, then you can revise 9 hours a day and get all A*s at A-level, if you understand it obviously. But, they are right to a certain extent because there are some people who revise 4 hours a day and still get A*s - but that's different, rarely.
    The majority of the people do what you do, so don't feel disheartened lol - think of it as a motivation to continue.
    Lol i guess Thanks for making me feel happier lol

ReputationRep:

Thanks guys
    I am a firm believer that the harder a person works, the more they will succeed. just make sure that you don't burn out though - have time for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    I am a firm believer that the harder a person works, the more they will succeed. just make sure that you don't burn out though - have time for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay A firm believer like me
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ladybird29)
    Same here with eczema, a doctor told me it can play up when the season changes? that's when I'm bad, rest of the time I'm fine
    Yes it can trigger eczema flares. Mine isn't picky it just decides it wants to be funny I hope yours doesn't affect you too much

(Original post by ladybird29)
    Happy Birthday! 🎉

Heading to the library today at opening time as I focus much better there. Going to walk there with my friend wo's going to a revision session at her school. Didn't get much done yesterday as had family over for Easter but learnt first German paragraph. Today I plan to quickly go over German paragraph and check I know it, learn first French paragraph, B3, C3, P3 and a bit of maths. If I have time I'll try to do an English past question as that was set as homework.
    Thank you - I hope you manage to get loads of revision done

HEY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOE :dunce:
    HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HOPE YOU ENJOY IT
    MAY GOD BLESS YOU X
    ( Take a day off from revising and give yourself a break , you deserve it )

(Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Happy Birthday Babe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Mac117)
    Go party hard! Take a day off ! Happy Birthday ^^
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    happy birthday Zoe! xxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by ibte10)
    Happy Birthday!
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    Happy Birthday!!

Thank you so much everyone
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Btw, don't you think 5 A-levels are a bit too much?
    Not saying you can't do it, but if you're doing it for a university - they don't really care about the number of A-levels you took I guess, but they want 4 good solid ones. They even like 3 extremely good A-levels.
    Yeah I completely understand - and I am in the process of really considering it all.

And I ain't doing it because of the university, I just genuinely wanted to see if I could do it and I am interested in the subjects anyways
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by yeah1106)
    how do u revise like whats techniques do you use and how many hours do u revise
    In terms of hours, I do anything between 3-6 depending on school and other commitments (but that is with breaks and well-spread out).

In terms of techniques, for a subject like science I will make flashcards and mindmaps. I also use past paper and then make notes on the topics I struggle with. For English I make character profiles and do past papers. For maths I just do as many past papers as I can find. For other subjects I do past papers, use textbooks to make notes and use flashcards to constantly test myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    In terms of hours, I do anything between 3-6 depending on school and other commitments (but that is with breaks and well-spread out).

In terms of techniques, for a subject like science I will make flashcards and mindmaps. I also use past paper and then make notes on the topics I struggle with. For English I make character profiles and do past papers. For maths I just do as many past papers as I can find. For other subjects I do past papers, use textbooks to make notes and use flashcards to constantly test myself
    Sorry to interrupt in this convo - but how many hours do you plan to do during the half term ?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Sorry to interrupt in this convo - but how many hours do you plan to do during the half term ?
    Hopefully as many as possible maybe 6 per day or 9 if I really get into it

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully as many as possible maybe 6 per day or 9 if I really get into it
    Great that is what i am doing but people say it's too much and someone actually called me ' dumb' for revising for all those hours for gcse if i wanted to get A*'s.

Another person said this to mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ol...ion_1375653763
    go on 8:28 it might make you think about your 9 hours

I really don't understand people like that - BUT anyways lol
    How was your birthday? What you doing?

x
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Great that is what i am doing but people say it's too much and someone actually called me ' dumb' for revising for all those hours for gcse if i wanted to get A*'s.
    I really don't understand people like that - BUT anyways lol
    How was your birthday? What you doing?
    x
    To be honest the way I see it - I'm going to study how I like and as long as it satisfies me then I don't have a problem with it. When I get to A-level I will change the way I study if I think I need to - honestly don't worry what others think

My birthday's been really good. I'm not really doing anything for it, might do a bit of revision later - we will see

How has your day been?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest the way I see it - I'm going to study how I like and as long as it satisfies me then I don't have a problem with it. When I get to A-level I will change the way I study if I think I need to - honestly don't worry what others think

My birthday's been really good. I'm not really doing anything for it, might do a bit of revision later - we will see

How has your day been?
    That's true
    Lol that's good

My day has been good , I managed to do some notes on Organic Chemistry and i've done 5 past papers but i still hope to do 1 more past paper and then notes on my weaknesses
    My day for the next few weeks is just REVISE !
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    That's true
    Lol that's good

My day has been good , I managed to do some notes on Organic Chemistry and i've done 5 past papers but i still hope to do 1 more past paper and then notes on my weaknesses
    Very nice, you sound like you've done a lot - just don't over-do it I'm sure you won't

ReputationRep:
    That's true
    Lol that's good

5 past papers?! In one day?!
    You really are the studious one and this hard work will certainly pay off! I wish I was more like you, I'm currently doing AS levels and can't even gather the energy to do 1 past paper... a week :ashamed2:
    Ahh how do you manage?

ReputationRep:
    Very nice, you sound like you've done a lot - just don't over-do it I'm sure you won't
    Haha I won't
    Are you updating today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simply_a_ Δ)
    5 past papers?! In one day?!
    You really are the studious one and this hard work will certainly pay off! I wish I was more like you, I'm currently doing AS levels and can't even gather the energy to do 1 past paper... a week :ashamed2:
    Ahh how do you manage?
    Aw thanks I don’t really know I just do them when I’m in my studying mood , I have recently got really motivated and it really surprises me. The things about past papers I actually do them in 45 minutes when it’s meant to be for 1 hour but I get a reasonable grade and mark at the end.

ReputationRep:
    Aw thanks I don’t really know I just do them when I’m in my studying mood , I have recently got really motivated and it really surprises me. The things about past papers I actually do them in 45 minutes when it’s meant to be for 1 hour but I get a reasonable grade and mark at the end.
    5 past papers is amazing man! I need to move onto past papers tomorrow, since today I have only been doing "dry" revision - nonetheless not bad

Btw, I started documenting my revision just like you asked there's a thread in the gcse section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mac117)
    5 past papers is amazing man! I need to move onto past papers tomorrow, since today I have only been doing "dry" revision - nonetheless not bad

Btw, I started documenting my revision just like you asked there's a thread in the gcse section
    Thank you x Great I will check it out

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.