Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the Edexcel S2 exam?
    Very hard
    14.71%
    Hard
    33.57%
    Normal
    29.72%
    Easy
    15.42%
    Very easy
    6.59%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShowMeUnofficial)
    Could someone link me the unofficial scheme?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...1&d=1467024133

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexFrangos)
    Sure. How did you find the paper?

I think its pretty easy. I just spent 45 minutes to finish the paper.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the question concerning car test, i dun know if its talking about 20 cars or 54 cars.

ReputationRep:
    For the normal approximation question i forgot to use sq rt of np(1-p). how many marks do you think i lost?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Q1 E(X) is about 1.41?

Who else thought question 8 was quite cute?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hank_the_tank)
    I think its pretty easy. I just spent 45 minutes to finish the paper.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the question concerning car test, i dun know if its talking about 20 cars or 54 cars.
    I made a mistake in the critical region question, i found X>=11 rather X>=9 and so the next parts of that question went wrong. Do you think i will lose all the marks in that question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cogito.;[url="tel:66151095")
    66151095[/url]]Isn't Q1 E(X) is about 1.41?
    Yeah it is 1.41, that's the only mistake that was made on the answers

ReputationRep:
    Honestly why does the poll suggest people found it hard? This was an average S2 paper and probably it will be like 70 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    If you round the probability answers to 4dp will you lose marks. Eg, 0.3783889 and u put final answer as 0.3784 to 4 dp. Will this be wrong ?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Danllo)
    If you round the probability answers to 4dp will you lose marks. Eg, 0.3783889 and u put final answer as 0.3784 to 4 dp. Will this be wrong ?
    If you're ever stuck or wanting to try and mark your answers in the style of an examiner, check past papers for a similar question, what kind of values/dp/method etc they want. You'll never see a question requiring you to give an answer to 7 dp because that implies a level of accuracy that isn't there.

(Take from that what you will - what you've done is the right answer, but I am also telling you how to answer your own questions in the future )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fpmaniac)
    I got 0.2n^2 (plus or minus cant remember) root(0.16n) + something

But I got a different value from 225 I got two hundred and something
    But it was an 8-marker, though - not 6...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cogito.)
    Isn't Q1 E(X) is about 1.41?
    I got that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Who else thought question 8 was quite cute?
    I thought it was nice. Got the answer quite swiftly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB0073)
    Would I get any marks for this?! Question 5) Normal approx...X~B(n,0.2)E(X)=0.2nVar( X)=0.16ntherefore; X~N(0.2n,0.16n) P(X>55)=> CC P(X>=55.5)P(Z>(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.04011-P(Z<(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.0401P(Z<(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.9599Therefore;(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n = 1.7555-0.2n= 1.75(0.4)(n^1/2)55-0.2n=0.7n^1/2Then I squares out formed a quadratic and tried to rearrange but it didn't solve (yielded imaginary numbers) How many marks out of 8 would I get if any? Was I on the right lines or have I lost the plot.
    You were definitely doing it right - I'd probably say about 5 or 6 out of 8 for all of that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funnycatvideos)
    There wasn't a question 8... Are you talking about question 7 - the one about the staples?

It was straightforward if you were prepared for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mupsman2312)
    There wasn't a question 8... Are you talking about question 7 - the one about the staples?
    I thought he was on about the normal approximations one. I don't really know what was on my mind. I think fasting and hay-fever is getting to me

I thought he was on about the normal approximations one. I don't really know what was on my mind. I think fasting and hay-fever is getting to me
    lol, why do you do that to yourself... please don't starve yourself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mupsman2312)
    You were definitely doing it right - I'd probably say about 5 or 6 out of 8 for all of that!
    It's seriously so frustrating I don't know where I went wrong? Can you spot where? 5 or 6 thank god!

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions anyone? I thought it was more difficult than last year...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.