Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Also is it cool to apply for BlackRock summer programme even though I am a final year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volatilityskew2)
    Bro u gotta get off your high horse unless you are some shyt
    as if a 20ish years old student thinks he is too good for RBC hahahaha! FYI there were a lot of people who quit BBs to work for RBC when I was interviewing there last year so..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volatilityskew2)
    Also is it cool to apply for BlackRock summer programme even though I am a final year?
    i dont have any inside info but their application has eligibility questions so they are probs strict, but again some inside info from HR would be good on this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    i dont have any inside info but their application has eligibility questions so they are probs strict, but again some inside info from HR would be good on this
    fml. gotta go with graduate then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Lol, the people I have on Linkedin at RBC went to Cam/Oxford/LSE/Warwick..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    must be melts

ReputationRep:
    Did you have to list out all the qualifications for Morgan Stanley? What did you put for the date qualification obtained?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shrinkyard)
    Did you have to list out all the qualifications for Morgan Stanley? What did you put for the date qualification obtained?
    I personally put the date that I achieved the qualification

ReputationRep:
    I personally put the date that I achieved the qualification
    You don't get a date though do you? In the certificate, it just says the month and year. I've just put 1st of August for now, but I think I will change it to Results Day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shrinkyard)
    You don't get a date though do you? In the certificate, it just says the month and year. I've just put 1st of August for now, but I think I will change it to Results Day.
    I think I put it as 1st too, I really dont think they would care about it, they obvs know what you mean when you put 1st aug

ReputationRep:
    I think I put it as 1st too, I really dont think they would care about it, they obvs know what you mean when you put 1st aug
    Yeah thanks. You're right, there is no point in changing it.

ReputationRep:
    What divisions are you guys applying to at Blackrock ?

I am leaning towards Investments and there Multi-Assets , because it is not that much effected by ETF boom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    straight after submission, and yeah 48 hours deadline as usual
    hmm it's been about 18 hours since I submitted my MS app for S&T... Has anyone else applied for S&T and received test invitations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    hmm it's been about 18 hours since I submitted my MS app for S&T... Has anyone else applied for S&T and received test invitations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Got mine immediately, check application centre or then if that fails, email them

ReputationRep:
    I think practicing for these tests isn't helping me at all. I mean like in numerical tests the maths is so simple, I already know how to solve 90% the questions. Doing them over and over is not changing much. When I take real tests my mind just wanders off and I can't focus when there's a tricky question. This doesn't happen in practice tests because there is no pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vader9280)
    I think practicing for these tests isn't helping me at all. I mean like in numerical tests the maths is so simple, I already know how to solve 90% the questions. Doing them over and over is not changing much. When I take real tests my mind just wanders off and I can't focus when there's a tricky question. This doesn't happen in practice tests because there is no pressure.
    What about doing it under timed conditions? Nailing these tests is really just a mindset.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finished my summer internship last week, and I'm yet to hear back. However i cant stay still and need to get the ball rolling just in case I don't get onto the grad programme.

Will be applying for SA roles, i know this question has been asked 100 times but what banks are actually cool with 3rd year applicants, I'm not going to lie and say i want to do a masters..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaGeehkaal)
    Finished my summer internship last week, and I'm yet to hear back. However i cant stay still and need to get the ball rolling just in case I don't get onto the grad programme.

Will be applying for SA roles, i know this question has been asked 100 times but what banks are actually cool with 3rd year applicants, I'm not going to lie and say i want to do a masters..
    Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Barclays, Nomura, RBC Capital Markets, Société Générale and BNP Paribas for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Barclays, Nomura, RBC Capital Markets, Société Générale and BNP Paribas for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    UBS also

ReputationRep:
    Is RBS not offering IBD internships this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egdargi)
    Is RBS not offering IBD internships this year?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah neither are Lehmann Brothers. It's not 2012 bro, the RBS IBD is long closed. They focus on corporate banking now.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.