Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Robot Wars new series started tonight:yep:

Shocking knock out in the first round (if you watched any of the old series)
    I remember watching it when I was very young. Is it on iplayer? Or is it 4od or itv?

ReputationRep:
    Remember A* are not everything they do not all ways bring happiness and success.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    I remember watching it when I was very young. Is it on iplayer? Or is it 4od or itv?
    Was on BBC2 so will be on iplayer by tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    At GCSE on results night I woke up at about 4am from nerves so put Harry Potter on, but at AS I took nightnurse and was out like a light and sleep through until I could get my results online! Might try that again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the IT MAN)
    Remember A* are not everything they do not all ways bring happiness and success.
    But A*'s At A-level are quite elusive so I really want one !
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    But A*'s At A-level are quite elusive so I really want one !
    Sounds like a Pokémon! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *****ing it lol
    such a long period of time to go still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

C) anyone using the summer break to learn a new skill or make/build something?
    Finally going through all the old music theory I never learnt! I want to have a comfortable grasp on it by the time I hit uni (starting Yr 13 in September) so that's the skill I'm dedicating time to this summer. Other than that, I've been replaying Pokemon X in Japanese as "practice" for A2 Japanese. It's a lot of fun, but I don't really think I'm learning relevant vocab eheheh but it's sorta building my knowledge bank, I guess?
    The only other new skill I've been working on is my LNAT skill, lol, but what can you do?

What about you? How's your summer going? \(^O^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Robot Wars new series started tonight:yep:

Shocking knock out in the first round (if you watched any of the old series)
    My flatmate persuaded me to watch that, I really enjoyed it!

ReputationRep:
    I feel physically sick whenever I think of Results Day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Egyptology with Chinese at Liverpool. I need ABB but want AAA! How about you?
    Oh okay. Which subjects did you take? And I need AAA to get into King's to do Philosophy, but am expecting A*AB-AAB

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'll check in to this thread hahaha; the wait is horrible but at least I'm on holiday until the week of results day but that doesn't seem to be helping at the moment
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roarchika)
    Finally going through all the old music theory I never learnt! I want to have a comfortable grasp on it by the time I hit uni (starting Yr 13 in September) so that's the skill I'm dedicating time to this summer. Other than that, I've been replaying Pokemon X in Japanese as "practice" for A2 Japanese. It's a lot of fun, but I don't really think I'm learning relevant vocab eheheh but it's sorta building my knowledge bank, I guess?
    The only other new skill I've been working on is my LNAT skill, lol, but what can you do?

What about you? How's your summer going? \(^O^
    :cool:

As an official card carrying groan up I don't get a long holiday over the summer (not least because in just under a month's time I'll be working on confirmation at work - A level results week is a bunch of extra work for us in universities).

I am doing something new this summer though - I have my first colony of honey bees to look after and get strong enough to survive the winter (and maybe get some honey). And for the first time in my life I'm playing a pokemon game :o:

I'm sure I've seen something somewhere about LNAT revision techniques. Am I right in remembering that it's part logical reasoning and part writing an essay?

ReputationRep:
    It seems like people are pressuring me about my university course now
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    It seems like people are pressuring me about my university course now
    :hugs: I'm sorry.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I dont think this is normal LOL :eek:, this time last year I was literally thinking about my results day and night to an extent where i couldnt sleep -.- But this year it hasnt hit me that im getting my results soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    :hugs: I'm sorry.
    It's not TSR, it's my mother who is supposed to be HELPING ME KEEP CALM!

She's just spent the last 15 minutes listing all the reasons why Cardiff is wrong for me and I should ditch it even if by some miracle I achieve the grades. She's convinced that the Bournemouth Advertising course is perfect for me (how she came to this conclusion I do not know and she will not explain).

All this when I already have my own doubts
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's not TSR, it's my mother who is supposed to be HELPING ME KEEP CALM!

She's just spent the last 15 minutes listing all the reasons why Cardiff is wrong for me and I should ditch it even if by some miracle I achieve the grades. She's convinced that the Bournemouth Advertising course is perfect for me (how she came to this conclusion I do not know and she will not explain).

All this when I already have my own doubts
    I know, in a way it must be nice to have a mum who cares that much and is very proactive.
    Maybe you should tell her to lay off a bit? I know it can be hard but sometimes family needs putting in their place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I know, in a way it must be nice to have a mum who cares that much and is very proactive.
    Maybe you should tell her to lay off a bit? I know it can be hard but sometimes family needs putting in their place
    She hasn't bothered up until now, and the only thing she's done is make me doubt myself even more.

I've tried... it didn't work.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    She hasn't bothered up until now, and the only thing she's done is make me doubt myself even more.

I've tried... it didn't work.
    Then the best thing you can do is ignore her if you don't want to shout at her family problems are awful at any time so I can't imagine how awful you feel

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.