Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Can everybody please not discuss anything related to the paper at all.

Even something as vague as "boundaries should be low" is giving an advantage to somebody sitting the paper.

Even an emoticon expressing your sentiments about the paper.

Otherwise, we'll need to have the thread closed temporarily and that'd just be shame since people would like to discuss STEP II.
    I think some people just want the thread to get closed until tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Yes, sorry, I completely forgot to reply!

Thank you very much.
    No problem. I am just making sure because my phone's internet is pretty bad and it may have not sent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    I think some people just want the thread to get closed until tomorrow.
    This is how it has been in previous years and in my experience, it appears to have been the best way to tackle this issue.

ReputationRep:
    While at the same time implying that our discussions would directly improve the reader's performance in the STEP exam. Therefore, he is discussing our discussions which discuss the paper, so he needs to remove his post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok then I will , I just summarised what you told so far so that australians don't bother looking every single page.
    My point was that you could help people with your hints not massively but even the slightest hints help .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    This is how it has been in previous years and in my experience, it appears to have been the best way to tackle this issue.
    Please do it !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    Ok then I will , I just summarised what you told so far so that australians don't bother looking every single page.
    My point was that you could help people with your hints not massively but even the slightest hints help .
    Either way, how is your comment not hypocritical since you just enumerated all the 'hints' that other people have supposedlymentioned in this thread, making it even easier for people to take advantage of them, whilst at the same time complaining about people taking advantage of the alleged hints in this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Best advice is to walk out of the exam
    (Original post by Simonium1010)
    I understand and agree with your point
    Please delete the quoted post...

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    And people who have quoted him (without editing the quote)
    Including you

(Original post by jneill)
    Please delete the quoted post...

Including that awesome guy
    I always edit quotes to be misinformative or just stupid

I've just cut more out though

ReputationRep:
    Either way, how is your comment not hypocritical since you just enumerated all the 'hints' that other people have supposedlymentioned in this thread, making it even easier for people to take advantage of them, whilst at the same time complaining about people taking advantage of the alleged hints in this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They can read them as well , the damage is done ! All comments that I saw have already been edited so everyone right now can see them , I just gave an interpretation of what you told . Zacken warned Tsrians and they were still talking about the exam , just see the comment above mine . I just wanted to make clear that you indeed help them slightly I know but still it's against you , anyone could deduce (not rigorously they were just guesses) what I posted .
    Also do you have any problem with closing this thread until tomorrow ? I think it would be more safe .

ReputationRep:
    Try Qx. It was easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Try Qx. It was easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Someone might mistake it for Roman numerals..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Try Qx. It was easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hint: x is an integer from 1 to 13 .

ReputationRep:
    They can read them as well , the damage is done ! All comments that I saw have already been edited so everyone right now can see them , I just gave an interpretation of what you told . Zacken warned Tsrians and they were still talking about the exam , just see the comment above mine . I just wanted to make clear that you indeed help them slightly I know but still it's against you , anyone could deduce (not rigorously they were just guesses) what I posted .
    Also do you have any problem with closing this thread until tomorrow ? I think it would be more safe .
    I have no idea where you got that I have helped them even slightly. I am not the one who blatantly states what the exam is gonna be like, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Oh guys puuuhlease stfu

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea where you got that I have helped them even slightly. I am not the one who blatantly states what the exam is gonna be like, lol.
    you in plural , I don't remember who said what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Someone might mistake it for Roman numerals..
    510? I highly doubt step has changed that much from last year
    Edit: D=500 how much is Q? 500000? It must be huge anyway.
    Ok now I got it x=10

ReputationRep:
    510? I highly doubt step has changed that much from last year
    Edit: D=500 how much is Q? 500000? It must be huge anyway
    Looks like Q isn't anything according to wikipedia. 510 questions would make for nice variety though

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Q isn't anything according to wikipedia. 510 questions would make for nice variety though
    Yes I would like more question as well.
    Eg pick 10 Qs out of 26 Qs (10-8-8) in 5 hours .

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would like more question as well.
    Eg pick 10 Qs out of 26 Qs (10-8-8) in 5 hours .
    The thought of doing 10 STEP questions in a sitting, no matter how partial, is not one I want to entertain

ReputationRep:
    The thought of doing 10 STEP questions in a sitting, no matter how partial, is not one I want to entertain
    ok then 6 out of 26 but more difficult than now in 3 hours .
    I guess it would be difficult to think of that many qs for examiners

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.