Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    Does anyone know if there was any significance to David Tennant going on about Peter Davidson being 'my Doctor'?
    Maybe it was due to to, as the newest Doctor was saying in the special, the personality had started to develop with that doctor getting closer to the personality we're used to now.
    I don't believe that's necessarily true, as he said it, but the doctors did start to get more quirky and yet emotional (although Christopher Eccleston toned down the odd dress sense) as time went by so I assume that's what he really meant, the fifth doctor helped start the more quirky but sensitive doctors (Tom Baker may have, too, but Peter Davidson did have a closer personality to David Tennant I think - he was definetly more sensitive and worked better with other people than the previous doctors.).

And I do think Tom Baker is 'the' Doctor if only because the image of the Doctor with his big scarf is the most used and iconic image of the Doctor - even if new generations aren't as familiar as him. David Tennant has completely brought the character alive again, though, moreso than Christopher Eccleston, now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    And I do think Tom Baker is 'the' Doctor if only because the image of the Doctor with his big scarf is the most used and iconic image of the Doctor - even if new generations aren't as familiar as him. David Tennant has completely brought the character alive again, though, moreso than Christopher Eccleston, now.
    Its actually because Tom Baker was the Doctor for nearly 300 episodes, the longest out of all of them. And that is why his image is used so often.

ReputationRep:
    I would say Tennant is my Doctor. I saw some older episodes with the 3rd and 4th Doctor when I was younger but I didn't really take much notice. Obviously Eccleston was the one who brought the show back and even though he's not as popular as Tom Bakers Doctor, I do think he played the role the way it needed to be. The Doctor had just watched his entire species get wiped out so the dark and moody persona suited him.

Tennant is awesome though, he's really made the character his own and it's great that he is a whole generation's Doctor

ReputationRep:
    Billie Piper to return for three episodes, according to BBC News...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchGal)
    Billie Piper to return for three episodes, according to BBC News...
    Link???????

ReputationRep:
    i heard that an old character was to return - why does it have to be her though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Link???????
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7114699.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kestral)
    i heard that an old character was to return - why does it have to be her though?
    Its because she was a very popular character, don't see how she can return though conisdering that the door to the parrell world has been shut.

Wish it was Sally Sparrow returning, she would have made a great Doctor Who companion.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: agreed!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kestral)
    :ditto: agreed!!!!!!
    And the fact that she was very hot also helped.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: males!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Link???????
    Sorry, wasn't sure I could post it. Thanks to the person who did it for me.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's way too early to bring back Rose, there was enough rambling on about her in the last series, can't the show move on now like it always has done whenever a companion has jumped ship? Not to mention her return ruins the end of Doomsday.

Ah well, I'm quite happy to hear it anyway, will be interesting to see how she gets on with Donna and Martha.

ReputationRep:
    He forgot to put the shields up? REALLY!? Was that really the best damned excuse they could come up with?

ReputationRep:
    I loved Rose so I'm really glad that she's going to be back in it. I don't care how silly the explanation of how she gets back to the Doctor is going to be, either, because I'm just so happy that she's back!

I hope there's a biiig ***** fight between her, Martha and Donna. Preferably ending up quite badly for Donna because I already can't stand her after the awful Christmas special. :-X Dopey moaning bint...

I do agree it is a bit soon to be bringing Rose back, although considering that nobody really knows how long Tennant's going to be about for, I'm glad that she'll be back in it before dear old Ten has regenerated.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This might sound strange, but one thing I'm hoping for with Donna is that because we all seem to be saying how much we hate the character and because of the low expectations many of us , that we might, in fact, be pleasantly surprised by her....we can always hope. If you have low expectations, then even something half good will leave you feeling happy and pleased

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing a lot of people have already seen this, but...

Clicky

ReputationRep:
    awesome!!!!!!! thanks for that!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    I'm guessing a lot of people have already seen this, but...

Clicky
    John Culshaw was born and raised in my home town, he even went to the same school I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    This might sound strange, but one thing I'm hoping for with Donna is that because we all seem to be saying how much we hate the character and because of the low expectations many of us , that we might, in fact, be pleasantly surprised by her....we can always hope. If you have low expectations, then even something half good will leave you feeling happy and pleased
    Fair enough. Actually, I'm quite looking forward to the banter between the Doctor and Donna. And it'll be nice to have a companion that doesn't fall head over heels for the Doctor, for a change... Rose, Martha, Jack... all the same here. Not that I blame them

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.