The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

peanutbutternjelly
Yes, applied to Wadham at Oxford and St Aidan's at Durham! I wonder when we will hear back from Durham... My application's gone to the department according to AES so that means they should be looking at it soon..

I was thinking of going for Wadham but I changed my mind. I'm curious about Durham as well, I've always heard that they're pretty slow getting back to people but I don't know how true that is. Mine's at the department as well, now I've had offers I want them all now lol!
I want a UCL offer! Two of my friends have UCL offers (for science subjects)
Yey ! got my first decision today !

Kings:

Biochemistry

conditional offer: ABB
predicted grades: AAA

:woo:

Magnolia,
x
Wannabeamed

Kings:

Biochemistry

Magnolia,
x

Well done :smile:

When did you apply? Just trying to work out how long Kings are taking to reply for sciencey subjects :smile:
Reply 1204
Wannabeamed

Kings:

Biochemistry

Magnolia,
x

You got it on a Sunday? :eek: nice :biggrin: congratulations :smile:
I'm getting a bit worried-I've applied to do English and sent my app off pretty early on in October. I know Leeds are giving out offers for my course but I haven't got one yet:s-smilie: and it was kind of supposed to be a back up..
I sent my Oxford application off ages ago and still haven't been acknowledged :frown:
ikvoria
Hate to say it but unless you've got extenuating circumstances I don't think you're in with much of a chance for Oxbridge and the likes.

Yeah i'm not applying to oxbridge but i've got 6 stars at gcse and just had a bad AS year and got all B's so now i'm predicted ABB with a B in English. My teacher has said he thinks i'm capable of getting an A in english but still predicted me a B... I'm not really sure what to do because i'm not prepared to go to the universities that allow a B in english literature...i'd apply again next year when i've got my grades if the fees weren't going up :frown:
got an offer for kings after 10 days of sendin UCAS off wow

biochemistry
conditional ABB
was my first choicee well happpyy :wink:

oh and if anyone wants to knw, i recieved my aknowledgement letter a few days ago
and surprisingly got it on a sunday

hmmm
Congrats to all these biochem offers! Sounds like the King's admissions tutor is really working on them..
claireythepinkfairy
Well done :smile:

When did you apply? Just trying to work out how long Kings are taking to reply for sciencey subjects :smile:

Thank you! School sent it off on the 14th October.

Mithra
You got it on a Sunday? :eek: nice :biggrin: congratulations :smile:

I was so surprised too can't believe they do all this on Sundays as well. Thank you !

abc123-mina
got an offer for kings after 10 days of sendin UCAS off wow

biochemistry
conditional ABB
was my first choicee well happpyy :wink:

oh and if anyone wants to knw, i recieved my aknowledgement letter a few days ago
and surprisingly got it on a sunday

hmmm

snap ! congrats!

[QUOTE="theorangecab"]Congrats to all these biochem offers! Sounds like the King's admissions tutor is really working on them..[/QUOTE

thankie! yep kings is working hard!

Magnolia,
x
Reply 1211
kcfch
I agree, Hong Kong > China :biggrin:
(and NO, Hong Kong is not part of China)

Hong Kong is now part of China..... =.=

Yes. It is way better than China proper xD
any offers from aberdeen or kent yet?
Thank you! School sent it off on the 14th October

How long did your school have it for before sending it off because my schools had mine for ages and I was wondering about other schools.
Reply 1214
yesiambored
I sent my Oxford application off ages ago and still haven't been acknowledged :frown:

Neither have I. Not everyone will get them, according to what some others have said. While a handful departments seem to be giving acknowledgements, others don't, and you may only be contacted when being informed about an interview [or failing to get an interview, as the case may be]. Don't worry too much about it. =]
Reply 1215
splee
China's an amazing place? I would like to know why. :smile:

Um. Basically because of the experiences we had there (we went as a team of 12 from my school) - I don't think I met a single person who wouldn't happily direct us somewhere or give us advice about something, and the landscapes are amazing; we spent a week trekking down in Guangxi, the karst peaks are just beautiful and the people we stayed with (the Dong people) were incredibly friendly. China also has an incredibly long and varied history which, as a hopeful History student, really appeals to me. The written language is beautiful even if you don't understand it, and now I do understand bits of it I think the combination of elements which make up a single character make much more logical sense (most of the time...) than the random combination of letters which make up an English word. I don't know if I've explained that very well. :s-smilie: I know that China has a lot of problems, and from what I saw there is a lot of poverty in some places. I don't think China is perfect by a long shot, but I do have a lot of special memories associated with it. I felt really at home there.

Anyway, sorry for such an off-topic post... :rolleyes:

Splee, since you live in China, what do you think of it? PM me if you like, I hope my response was ok :smile:
Any offers from Cardiff or Plymouth yet?
Just got my acknowledgement letter and Data Protection form from Cambridge - going to get them posted back this afternoon! :smile:
Completely off topic, but...
Boq: Wicked = <3<3<3
Reply 1219
Boq Dillamond
Just got my acknowledgement letter and Data Protection form from Cambridge - going to get them posted back this afternoon! :smile:

You got these after sending the SAQ? Still haven't received mine yet. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending