Film Fanatics Society - Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
crazyferret
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Also, phalanges, I remember discussing The Dreamers with you a good while back. Recently watched it. :coma: as ever.
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by reems23)
not at all.
Well then thanks. :o:

(Original post by crazyferret)
More so a collection of scenes than Reservoir but the use of a largely disjointed snapshot into an event/day as opposed to a regular timeline works nicely in the film. The viewer piecing it together is part of the interaction with the plot.
I don't personally believe there is a lot to piece together. There are parts of Kill Bill I love, just as there are parts of Jackie Brown and Basterds that I love, but whenever I think of them as a whole I can't help but view them as flawed. Whereas Reservoir Dogs is in my eyes perfection - it has all of Tarantino's skill but without any of his bad habits.

Also, phalanges, I remember discussing The Dreamers with you a good while back. Recently watched it. :coma: as ever.
You have excellent taste. :holmes:
frankfranklinin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thejonsmith)
Glory?
Nope. It was made in the 70s.
reems23
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Three of the users from the original medic chat threads are in this thread. Super cool.

Also. When's the next review contest? I'm desperate to write one.
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Three of the users from the original medic chat threads are in this thread. Super cool.

I intend to post it up soon, but I'm stalling at the minute as I'm in conversation with the admins about it.
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm getting a bit fed up of talking about Inception. Mainly because everyone who talks about it seems to either fall in the category of "OMG BEST FILM EVER!!!" or "lol I'm too cool to like that crap", and both sets are equally irritating.
win2kpro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phalanges)
I'm getting a bit fed up of talking about Inception. Mainly because everyone who talks about it seems to either fall in the category of "OMG BEST FILM EVER!!!" or "lol I'm too cool to like that crap", and both sets are equally irritating.
I dont belong to either... yet. :awesome:

I really should see this film to see what the fuss is about. :nothing:
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What about the people who just don't like it? :holmes:

I've yet to watch it. The hype's putting me off a little, I might just wait 'till it dies down and get some more objective feedback (and my internet here is capped, which is probably the main reason).
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thejonsmith)
What about the people who just don't like it? :holmes:
They don't tend to talk about it on TSR, which seems to be increasingly descending into a place where you are ignored unless you have views which are humorously caricatured. We must fight this insanity in the film forum with decent posts!

I've yet to watch it. The hype's putting me off a little, I might just wait 'till it dies down and get some more objective feedback (and my internet here is capped, which is probably the main reason).
To be honest, it's worth seeing at the IMAX while you still have the chance (it will be infinitely better than a cramped computer screen :p:). It's undoubtedly a very good film, and is definitely worth watching.
reems23
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's a very good film, just Not That Great.
crazyferret
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

What's being reviewed? :holmes:
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What's being reviewed? :holmes:
I think that's only decided when the next review competition is opened
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
I am inspired to ask this, anyone still watch any cartoons? If so, which ones?

edit: Read below after 2 posts.
Roobsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Simpsons. I still enjoy it! but that's about it as far as cartoons go for me.
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
I am inspired to ask this, anyone still watch any cartoons? If so, which ones?
Family Guy.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
No no. I was taking about childish cartoons. Most grown ups watch Family Guy and the Simpsons.

I recently took out some old recorded tapes of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Forgot how awesome they were. :moon:
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
American Dad and South Park.
win2kpro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
No no. I was taking about childish cartoons. Most grown ups watch Family Guy and the Simpsons.

I recently took out some old recorded tapes of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Forgot how awesome they were. :moon:
Tom & Jerry is still one of my favs. I watch it when it comes up on TV every now and then. :flute:
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I tried to watch Yu Gi Oh a little while back (while drunk and at some ridiculous hour) out of nostalgia. I remember being disappointed.
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Phalanges)
I tried to watch Yu Gi Oh a little while back (while drunk and at some ridiculous hour) out of nostalgia. I remember being disappointed.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.47%
No (478)
72.53%

Watched Threads