Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francistheswole)
    to the people who have booked/going to book peverell, based on your student finance. Have you worked out how much you'll be able to spend weekly while living on peverell? 4.5k -4.7k a year. thing like Food costs, and nights out. (how cheap are nights out in nottingham?)
    I'll have 40 quid a week minus money from parents that I'll hopefully get. In my eyes that's plenty. I worked out I can live off 20 quid max for food etc and the 20 quid can be spent on tesco own brand vodka

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wasted Wrath)
    I'll have 40 quid a week minus money from parents that I'll hopefully get. In my eyes that's plenty. I worked out I can live off 20 quid max for food etc and the 20 quid can be spent on tesco own brand vodka
    what about money to enter a club? you may need to buy new clothes? buy new items? etc

(Original post by loves2spooge)
    My maintenance loan doesn't even cover accommodation which sucks

I did find a spreadsheet that someone had made on another thread on TSR but I can't seem to locate it again...
    me too. what will you do to get by? what if we can't find jobs? if only they made peverell a little cheaper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francistheswole)
    what about money to enter a club? you may need to buy new clothes? buy new items? etc
    I'm very thrifty about these sorts of things and will always find everything at its cheapest, I dont really h ave any worries tbh

Oh and the club cost thing, no idea lol but ill have money left over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wozza2)
    I am doing primary education and yeah I was thinking the same is it worth the extra £15. have you decided which one your going to go for yet?
    I'm going for Peverell because i wouldnt be able to afford New Halls!! Think they're too much anyway - where are you going for?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I really hope the booking accom thing goes live at midnight or just after! I have a photography exam all day tomorrow so I really do not fancy staying up all night xD Can't wait to just get accommodation booked! =)

ReputationRep:
    I did a spreadsheet last night for mine - I based it on my colleges estimates for expenses! They said 25 a week for leisure (All types of leisure including drinking)! I doubt 25 will last me a whole week lol XD

I'll see if I can make a generic one when you can edit it to your preferences!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannonC27)
    I'm going for Peverell because i wouldnt be able to afford New Halls!! Think they're too much anyway - where are you going for?
    Fair enough. Yeah I have decided to go for peverell too. what other unis did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have this said spreadsheet? That would be much help for me!
    Also, on average what would people say is an acceptable and reasonable amount money to be given from parents a week?

ReputationRep:
    Here is one I made?
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsxFinance.xlsx (11.1 KB, 94 views)

ReputationRep:
    living at hampden will mean i'll have more money for entertainment! but it's not the traditional type halls of residence, its more like council flats at least i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephhcharlene)
    Here is one I made?
    according to this i will go plus by £19 a week =) and i don't think i will spend £40 on leisure a week

and then a job on weekends and that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabeth)
    according to this i will go plus by £19 a week =) and i don't think i will spend £40 on leisure a week

and then a job on weekends and that
    Yeah well £40 gives you two GOOD nights out, or three or four more sober ones xD in my exp anyway lol. (Unless you dont drink/get drunk easy!) lol.
    And I hope to get a part time job too. I have 17 leftover a week, plus my dad said he may give me some money each month to help out so

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well £40 gives you two GOOD nights out, or three or four more sober ones xD in my exp anyway lol. (Unless you dont drink/get drunk easy!) lol.
    And I hope to get a part time job too. I have 17 leftover a week, plus my dad said he may give me some money each month to help out so

oh i usually get drunk of one glass of wine so i wont be spending allot on alcohol lol more clothes for me ;P.. but i cant count on any money from home i pay rent as it is

ReputationRep:
    In my case I'm on minus numbers here! I'm not too sure why though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabeth)
    oh i usually get drunk of one glass of wine so i wont be spending allot on alcohol lol more clothes for me ;P.. but i cant count on any money from home i pay rent as it is
    Ouch :/ My mum is paying like nothing for me! D= she has brought nothing for me so far in terms of my dad has spend way over £100 on bits and bobs like kitchen stuff!, plus my dad is paying my accom deposit, plus any other one off fees. That was our deal. As I dont have a job right now, he will pay deposits and sports and travel costs. Then when he can if he has spare money at the end of each month he will transfer it to me or keep it saved up so when I do actually NEED it he can send me some. but my mum has done nothing. (they are seperated yet my mum is the one with main resposibility for me etc and my address is down as hers etc (living with dad temp as had to have surgery and recovery was better here)).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzah8)
    In my case I'm on minus numbers here! I'm not too sure why though
    What is your income and I can work out roughly your allowances?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    Got a conditional offer for Management and International Business, someone else?
    Can someone tell me when I'll have to move in and out if I take 44 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    What is your income and I can work out roughly your allowances?
    Well I get the full grant and loan as my household income is just under the lowest threshold.. and I am applying for sandby (I think that's the main money eater)

ReputationRep:
    whats your annual rent for sandby?

ReputationRep:
    Right I worked out that if you keep the sheet as it is BUT change leisure to 20 not 40, you get a profit of a fiver a week. so basically you need to eliminate £20 a week from somewhere! That could be from clothes and travel alowance, leisure, etc. butyeah, about £20 a week should make you alright.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.