Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U.S Lecce)
    I missed the draft

What happened, anyone get unexpectedly shafted?
    dunno about shafted but I think most were very surprised to see Locker go ahead of Gabbert, if he isnt good and fast then the titans are going to seriously pay for that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbygreg)
    Yessss, the saints get the best draft hands down no matter who else we pick, Cam Jordan helps stop the run and get pressure on the QB and Mark Ingram is going to be an all pro rusher.

Couldn't be happier!
    The saints had an interesting one if nothing else, I think you will be right as long as the health issues about Ingram that have worried other teams don't prove to be true....

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Ravens fan. Jesus christ I was absolutely crapping myself last night, for about 5 minutes I actually thought we missed our pick. I literally sat there with my mouth wide open whilst my mates laughed at me!
    When I realised we actually had a pick, I was so relieved... and we got the guy I wanted from the start, JIMMY SMITH!

Whats going on with the Falcons? Seems like an awful lot to give up just to get Julio Jones.
    Interesting picks by the Titans, Jaguars, and Vikings. Was totally unexpected to see the Redskins pass on Gabbert!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone knew what the Patriots give Panthers for their R2 pick?

ReputationRep:
    The falcons think that by doing that they can win the superbowl if not this year than the next year as they are very good at most of their positions and just look at their last season.....personally still wouldnt have given up that kings ransom for one player though and if he is a bust they are going to get a lot of flak!

Agree about the titans very surprising for them to pick locker, although with young on the way out not surprising they want a qb, think the vikings were a bit silly though as it was a massive reach! surely better to upgrade other positions there, maybe get a qb later or even wait a year as they still want a vetran anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know the draft was live free on nfl.com :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Hey, anyone knew what the Patriots give Panthers for their R2 pick?
    last year's round 3 pick, they then used it on armanti edwards

ReputationRep:
    Lockout's back on.

ReputationRep:
    Good job by Ravens getting Torrey Smith. Loads of mock drafts saying we needed to take him with the 26th pick! Ozzie knows what he's doing, and we manage to land him with the 58th pick!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Akeem Dent, interesting. Never noticed him playing though his summary on nfl isn't exactly complimentary :beard:.

Bloody lockout.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get this draft stuff. The worst team goes first, so does the worst team always get the best player?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtomtomtom)
    I don't get this draft stuff. The worst team goes first, so does the worst team always get the best player?
    It means the worst team should, but it depends as there are a lot of cases of someone people think is awesome being terrible (over used examples include quarter back ryan leaf, and linbacker/de/failure vernon gholston). Those players are draft 'busts'. They may also draft who they think is best at the position they need rather than the best player overall.

The general idea though is that it keeps the NFL balanced. In theory it should stop one team having all the talent (especially when combined with the salary cap meaning you cant just buy your way to success with tons of money, unlike some UK football (soccer) teams) - getting better and better while another spirals into decline. Its why many teams tend to cycle from being superbowl contenders to terrible a few years later then a few years later back again to being good.

ReputationRep:
    I was quite happy with Chargers picks, after researching them.

Who was that dude that got picked towards the end, the one doing crazy ass dives to gain a few more yards and to get touch downs? Was loving his video action on ESPN.

ReputationRep:
    What do people think of casey matthews?

Personally id love the Jets to be able to take him and see what he can do in Rex's scheme. In part but not all its based on how his brother has done (which i know is wrong to do) but can't wait to see how he does in the NFL wherever he goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg1989)
    What do people think of casey matthews?

Personally id love the Jets to be able to take him and see what he can do in Rex's scheme. In part but not all its based on how his brother has done (which i know is wrong to do) but can't wait to see how he does in the NFL wherever he goes
    Meh.
    He's gone to the Eagles. I'm kind of glad that he wasn't picked higher, as many people predicted, just due to his last name.
    I think he'll do alright, nothing spectacular, and he's nothing compared to his brother. Still, a solid prospect for the Eagles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Hill)
    Meh.
    He's gone to the Eagles. I'm kind of glad that he wasn't picked higher, as many people predicted, just due to his last name.
    I think he'll do alright, nothing spectacular, and he's nothing compared to his brother. Still, a solid prospect for the Eagles
    I know and then the Jets picked yet another running back *rolls eyes*

I see what your saying but I guess lots of people including me to a degree just think as a lot of his family not just his brother have been good pro's then who knows what he might be capable of, just be interesting to keep an eye on

ReputationRep:
    Less than a 100 picks until the Saints get on the clock, damn I knew I shouldn't have started watching at 5 I can't turn it off.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Still no TE or DL players from the Falcons, intriguing :beard:. Considering Gonzalez is going to almost certainly be leaving next year seems a risk with the low picks we'll currently have next draft.

Edit: A kicker? Whaa?

ReputationRep:
    AJ doing his thang again,

He is too egotistical for San Diego, he will never get the obvious pick. Its like he ALWAYS has something to prove. We've been drafting sleepers for a good 4 years now

Though im not compaining, im liking this years draft for the chargers. We needed solid football players who actually know how to tackle and I think thats what we've got now.

ReputationRep:
    So the Packers drafted 2 tight-ends today. Not sure I'm liking this seeing as we already have 3 solid tight-ends - Finley, Quarless and Crabtree.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.