POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dekota-XS)
It's called keeping an open mind about things. Assuming the raid took place, America had a tip off of the compound after a courier sent there 8 months ago, if that's true then Osama was staying there for more than 8 months, how come the local residents had no clue of this? How can a terrorist so big live in a community for 8 months and go unnoticed? Even so when there's a military base in the vicinity?
I don't know.

Why don't you ask the canoe man's neighbours why they didn't have a clue that he stayed there? Bin Laden wasn't going out on morning jogs and attending his neigbours barbacues.

It isn't about keeping an open mind. You keep on bringing up stupid points. There is a difference between asking a sensible question and asking a series of stupid questions.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Limitless)
Not over 10 years old check the date again.

Everything just seems to 'perfect' to me.

Did you even read the link?
Oh wow.. it's like 9 and a half years ols. Shame on me :facepalm:

The link clearly states, multiple times, that there was no evidence the taliban had Bin Laden AT ALL.

If you would have read it, you would have known that.
nunugab
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just interested, in terms of America leading the fight against terrorism, how can the US government be seen as a terrorist organization? Bin Laden would be more succesful and gain more sympathy from his peers (muslims globally) if he attempted to convey his 'cause' differently, yet this cannot be said about the response by the US! They were put in this situation and are forced to use a pragmatic approach!
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not over 10 years old check the date again.

Everything just seems to 'perfect' to me.

Did you even read the link?
Everyone knows about the retarded link.

It is one of Chomsky's favourite lines.
Get Real
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
What? What fire are you even talking about? He was shot in the head, that killed him, there is no debate in this.

'The officials described the operation as a "surgical raid" and said three adult males, including Bin Laden's adult son. But, they added, a woman who was being used as a shield was also killed.'

Again.
If he DID NOT WANT TO BE CAPTURED.. it means he would have RETALIATED meaning you cannot capture him , else you put the soldiers lives in high danger.

My god.. some people :facepalm:
Of course he didn’t want to be captured; they knew that already – believe it or not.

His retaliation? What a fifty year old on his own, against twenty of America’s best troops. Please…

If they wanted to capture him, they would have captured him. Instead they chose to kill him.
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why didn't they take him then?
Because they wanted to invade Afghanistan and dismantle Al Qaeda. They also wanted dismantle the Taliban to prevent the same situation from occurring again. .

The invasion of Afghanistan wasn't just about getting Bin Laden. It was about removing an possibility of a place for Al Qaeda to operate from.
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Get Real)
Of course he didn’t want to be captured; they knew that already – believe it or not.

His retaliation? What a fifty year old on his own, against twenty of America’s best troops. Please…

If they wanted to capture him, they would have captured him. Instead they chose to kill him.
What';s with the attempted use to insult me? I know he didn't want to be captured.. i have said it most times.. with reference to the US knowing this and the news knowing this.. your pathetic attempt to try to get on a high horse i guess?

Hmm right ok.
a 50 year old who most likely had guns..
How on earth could he retaliate i wonder :rolleyes:

P.s. they have now said they would rather of captured him than kill him, but.. ofcourse.. you probably won't believe that cuz it's from the news and the news is all lies! :O
Lizzzle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The burial at sea was prepared for months in advance

"It was prepared several months in advance, 'if we capture him, what would we do with his body?' we consulted appropriate religious experts and it was decided that this was the most appropriate method of burying him"
- Military official on sky news.
Get Real
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm right ok.
a 50 year old who most likely had guns..

How on earth could he retaliate i wonder :rolleyes:
Out-numbered twenty to one, out-gunned twenty to one. That provides the soldiers with alot of different approaches to the situation.
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

No, not really.

If a 50 year old is firing a gun at you. You will shoot him regardless of whether you have the best troops on your side.
Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
I don't know.

Why don't you ask the canoe man's neighbours why they didn't have a clue that he stayed there? Bin Laden wasn't going out on morning jogs and attending his neigbours barbacues.

It isn't about keeping an open mind. You keep on bringing up stupid points. There is a difference between asking a sensible question and asking a series of stupid questions.
I don't think my question was particularly stupid given that there was a huge prize for his capture had one of the local residents recognised him and reported him to authorities.
The problem here is people's strong trust with the media and politicians to the point that questioning whatever they say is classed as stupid. It's almost scary the way the media can manipulate anyone's beliefs and reasoning.
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Out-numbered twenty to one, out-gunned twenty to one. That provides the soldiers with alot of different approaches to the situation.
:facepalm:

You are REALLY trying to say that man shooting a gun at everyone isn't harmful?
If ONE soldier was injured or killed because they didn't kill him straight away when he had a gun, they tried to 'capture him' ignoring his harm.. do you even realise the outburst that would cause?

You really have no idea do you.
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We fear some old man in the middle east but we see no threat from a country which has 1000+ military bases worldwide...
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think my question was particularly stupid given that there was a huge prize for his capture had one of the local residents recognised him and reported him to authorities.
The problem here is people's strong trust with the media and politicians to the point that questioning whatever they say is classed stupid. It's almost scary the way media can manipulate anyone's beliefs and reasoning.
He didn't leave his house.
He burnt all his rubbish.
He had no phone, no internet.

This has been said.

I'd like your opinions on how we expect people to be super-human and see through big tall walls? Else otherwise i see no way the locals could know.
Nasri08
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Kaykiie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
*You're

I've been following the BBC news since morning and they've changed parts of their story 4 times now. Every time they change parts of the story or add to it, it seems like its too convienant to be true. Alas I'll keep following it, see if they can provide some hard evidence.
Why do you feel the need to correct others? :rolleyes:
MelonFroot
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm rather worried about the reaction of Al-Qaeda.
Get Real
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:facepalm:

You are REALLY trying to say that man shooting a gun at everyone isn't harmful?
If ONE soldier was injured or killed because they didn't kill him straight away when he had a gun, they tried to 'capture him' ignoring his harm.. do you even realise the outburst that would cause?

You really have no idea do you.
I am aware of that. Now who's trying to get on the high-horse.

There is a large compund, there is one man. Unless he is hiding in a corner, there are multiple ways of surrounding him.

Stun Grenades,Tasers, rubber bullets = Captured.

It is not difficult.
yellowmeringue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MelonFroot)
I'm rather worried about the reaction of Al-Qaeda.
Same. Just patiently awaiting for the USA/UK to explode at any given moment in the next 3 months.
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am aware of that. Now who's trying to get on the high-horse.

There is a large compund, there is one man. Unless he is hiding in a corner, there are multiple ways of surrounding him.

Stun Grenades,Tasers, rubber bullets = Captured.

It is not difficult.
Oh, sorry.

I wasn't aware you were there.

Care to tell me more about what happened?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (82)
39.23%
No - but I will (9)
4.31%
No - I don't want to (13)
6.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
50.24%

Watched Threads