Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Italy are pretty damn neat defensively, it seems. Love their tactical setups.

ReputationRep:
    Pjanic to Juventus.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Italy = unit.

ReputationRep:
    Top class performance tonight from Italy, can see them possibly winning the euro's.

ReputationRep:
    Some news on my club Udinese, as were close of signing Marco Borriello from Atlanta and have signed El Arabi from Granada. Though most strikers we sign will find it difficult to replace "toto" Di Natale.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by thatapanydude)
    Top class performance tonight from Italy, can see them possibly winning the euro's.
    Just an unreal defence. Forget Benzema, Bale and Cristiano. It's all about Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a bit sorry for Italy seeing as they have topped the group only to be drawn with Spain, then Germany and France if they make it that far. Though with their defense I still hold hope for them surprising a few.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a bit sorry for Italy seeing as they have topped the group only to be drawn with Spain, then Germany and France if they make it that far. Though with their defense I still hold hope for them surprising a few.
    Should actually be an interesting game from a tactical perspective since Spain look to dominate the ball from midfield whereas Italy look to dominate the game from defence.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they can be that disheartened - they seem full of confidence and camaraderie in the group so they won't be phased. They can take inspiration from Atletico's run to the CL final and try and go one better. If they knock out the big guns, could have an easier final but a Italy v Croatia (if I've got it right and the latter are in the opposite side of the draw) final would be an interesting battle!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ireland out-Italied Italy tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Their team next season

Buffon
    Alves, Chiellini, Bonucci, Evra
    Khedira, Marchisio, Pogba
    Pjanic
    Dybala, Mandzukic

I think Juventus can do with another striker. I think if they were to get Cuadrado back along with another striker then they have a very good squad capable of winning the CL.
    Evra is terrible and has been for years. I'd sooner put Chiellini at left back and move Barzagli central. Juventus have always had a squad worthy of winning the CL, they're the only side to knock out Real post-Jose.

People really do underrate Juve, the fact that people think there's any credence to Pogba to Man Utd adds evidence to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Evra is terrible and has been for years. I'd sooner put Chiellini at left back and move Barzagli central. Juventus have always had a squad worthy of winning the CL, they're the only side to knock out Real post-Jose.

People really do underrate Juve, the fact that people think there's any credence to Pogba to Man Utd adds evidence to that.
    I think it's linked to the fact that Juventus were relegated due to the Calciopoli scandal and then there's been the slow demise of Serie A (compared to it's peak in the 80s and early 90s). Factor in that Italian teams haven't been doing as well in Europe means we don't get much exposure to Juventus.

ReputationRep:

Sandro i guess can play at lb.

The midfield is crazy. I put them alongside bayern in terms of strength if pogba stays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Italy are pretty damn neat defensively, it seems. Love their tactical setups.

Steve Bruce managed to work this system really effectively in 13/14. I'm surprised more sides don't use it, it allows you to have three in midfield, two strikers and protects your wing backs if they're not up to scratch.

(Original post by Zerforax)
    I think it's linked to the fact that Juventus were relegated due to the Calciopoli scandal and then there's been the slow demise of Serie A (compared to it's peak in the 80s and early 90s). Factor in that Italian teams haven't been doing as well in Europe means we don't get much exposure to Juventus.
    I guess that's fair enough reason, but we've had two Italian clubs win the CL in the last 10 years alone (more than Germany and tied with England), and the only club to reach one of the last three CL finals was Juve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Sandro i guess can play at lb.

The midfield is crazy. I put them alongside bayern in terms of strength if pogba stays.
    ------------Alonso--------------
    Costa Vidal Muller Ribery

I'd put that marginally ahead of Juve. I guess they play very different styles so it's difficult to compare e.g. Marchisio wouldn't take Alonso's spot, Alonso wouldn't take Marchisio's/

ReputationRep:
    I think I Juve sign Alexis then they will win the Champions League this season, considering they out played Bayern last season and if it wasnt for Morata 2 missed chances and the referee ruling out Juve 3 goal. Then they would have one it last season as they would have beaten Benfica. Though AM would have been a tough game, man for man Juve have the better players bar Koke, Godin and Griezmann, and Juve are more of a team compared to RM and anyway they beat them in 2015. So I conclusion if Juve Pobga and sign Alexis, I will be disappointed if they dont win the UCL in the next 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    I think I Juve sign Alexis then they will win the Champions League this season, considering they out played Bayern last season and if it wasnt for Morata 2 missed chances and the referee ruling out Juve 3 goal. Then they would have one it last season as they would have beaten Benfica. Though AM would have been a tough game, man for man Juve have the better players bar Koke, Godin and Griezmann, and Juve are more of a team compared to RM and anyway they beat them in 2015. So I conclusion if Juve Pobga and sign Alexis, I will be disappointed if they dont win the UCL in the next 2 years.
    Filipe Luis is certainly better than Evra too. I'd say Atleti are just slightly better than Juventus, not massively though.

Juventus are the 5th best team in the world, only Bayern and the big three in Spain are better. I wouldn't DEFINITELY back them to win the CL though as Atleti with Simeone and Bayern with Pep never managed it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Only Sweden, Iceland and Northern Ireland have had fewer shots than Italy at Euro 2016. Can't wait for Monday's match. Spain have had double the amount of shots Italy have had.

ReputationRep:
    Filipe Luis is certainly better than Evra too.
    I meant Alex Sandro , rather than Evra who has shown at the euro's is past it. Though I happy to agree Juve are =4th best in the world with AM.

ReputationRep:
    Just caught the Italy vs Spain game, and I have to say I'm more impressed by the day with Conte and how much he is able to get out of Italy. But it will be interesting next season to see if he can get the likes of Hazard, Fabregas tracking back and being so organized.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.