Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JammyGit07)
    I wrote Anhydrous Potassium Sulphate....Is that acceptable? Knew i should of put Sodium -_-'
    Markscheme will be along the lines of

Anhydrous (sodium sulphate) - ALLOW Potassium/other named G1 metal

The anhydrous bit is key

ReputationRep:
    Would they accept Nitrogen (III) dioxide for the systematic name of NO2-?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by es.c)
    Would they accept Nitrogen (III) dioxide for the systematic name of NO2-?
    Don't think so, because that implies that its NO2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.JTop)
    he dehydrated version of linalool with 3 alkene bonds
    But do you remember what it's called? I wanna look it up :/

ReputationRep:
    yapp that's what i did too, i hope it's right
    Cheers that's a relief.. is it just me or did it take like 40 minutes to do the paper.. prediction for the grade boundaries =80 for an A. it was on par with june2012

ReputationRep:
    what did u think of the paper today

ReputationRep:
    naah i fink about 72 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exams567)
    Lol, i don't think our exam officer is that cool with handing out papers- he seems moody, but if you dont mind can you please upload a copy of the one you were given?
    Edit: I just inspected it more closely, she actually just gave me a load of the spare advanced notice articles all piled together wow, this is embarrassing, sorry to get your hopes up she likes to play pranks on students .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    Any chance you could upload it please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edit: I just inspected it more closely, she actually just gave me a load of the spare advanced notice articles all piled together wow, this is embarrassing, sorry to get your hopes up she likes to play pranks on students .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EstebanK0)
    Could you please scan it in for us?

ReputationRep:
    Just to confirm.. what were the Ox.States of the N's for NH4+ and N02- and the 3rd part was N increase OxState ???????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallMeBatwoman)
    :O You have one evil exams officer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliot.kai.lee)
    Cheers that's a relief.. is it just me or did it take like 40 minutes to do the paper.. prediction for the grade boundaries =80 for an A. it was on par with june2012
    i finished the paper in an hour an 10 minutes and spend the other 15 minutes doing the last question. I agree it does seem at the same level as the june 2012 but i hope i done better than my low B

What did you write on the last question.
    For the release of N2O, I wrote about nitrates being converted to N2O, N2O gas being given out from the oceans as it was not very soluble
    and then for the removal, i wrote of photoylsis of n20 and gave few equations, then i wrote about nitric acid, reaction with oh radicals, wet deposition and then about PAN though i never actually ever understood the idea

ReputationRep:
    Just to confirm.. what were the Ox.States of the N's for NH4+ and N02- and the 3rd part was N increase OxState ???????????
    I got -3 and + 3. Oxidation as oxidation state increases showing electrons have been lost

ReputationRep:
    i got -3 and +3 aswell

ReputationRep:
    i finished the paper in an hour an 10 minutes and spend the other 15 minutes doing the last question. I agree it does seem at the same level as the june 2012 but i hope i done better than my low B

What did you write on the last question.
    For the release of N2O, I wrote about nitrates being converted to N2O, N2O gas being given out from the oceans as it was not very soluble
    and then for the removal, i wrote of photoylsis of n20 and gave few equations, then i wrote about nitric acid, reaction with oh radicals, wet deposition and then about PAN though i never actually ever understood the idea
    Ye my answer was surprisingly simular, although it was a very open Q especially because you could only write and explain one Eqn and yh i also mentioned the OH + N20 in the removal as a propagation reaction as NO2 is a radical, not sure if it will be a marking point, but thought i'd chuck it in there..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MintCrepz)
    GUYS look at question 1B look at what they did did this question this morning and was delighted to find basically the exact same question lmao.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/61539-q...-resources.pdf
    wtf:eek: spent ages on that questions why didnt i see this feel so bad now

ReputationRep:
    Ye my answer was surprisingly simular, although it was a very open Q especially because you could only write and explain one Eqn and yh i also mentioned the OH + N20 in the removal as a propagation reaction as NO2 is a radical, not sure if it will be a marking point, but thought i'd chuck it in there..
    i think it might be a marking point, it does make sense and yes it was an open question. I just hope it turns out all alright in the end otherwise uni will miss me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippy103)
    can we just put our own mark scheme together I can remember most the stuff ??((:
    I can remember the questions, but dont think my answers were right

ReputationRep:
    Ye hopefully especially with it only being a 6 mark Q and 1 mark being written communication, so there's a max of 5 marking points.. what course are you applying for??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.