Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Jovetic, Villa or Higuain? Who would you take?
    Jovetic pretty easily as villa is too old and arsenal seems to work better with a creative striker rather than one who just finishes so jovetic over higuain

ReputationRep:
    Jovetic, Villa or Higuain? Who would you take?
    Jovetic and Villa by far. People think just because his old his got nothing left. I'm pretty sure he could get 20+ league goals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Jovetic and Villa by far. People think just because his old his got nothing left. I'm pretty sure he could get 20+ league goals
    Would be a waste of money if we get villa imo

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you not watched villa recently this season. Maybe if you put him up top he'd be useful. It's the way barca play around messi too so you could get a bit of class out of villa. But higuain would be a great option if your side can create good chances.

ReputationRep:
    In our position is that really worth the risk?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and watching serie A today I think llajic would be a good addition for you. He's got pace, can take on a man and can hit quick low shots. Would add a bit of directness and be an improvement on gervinho for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Would be a waste of money if we get villa imo
    How much do you reckon we would spend on him? We could get him for 8 mil and on reduced wages on a 2 year deal. Consider who else there else to buy that isn't going for crazy money. Villa is still a top quality player, you don't play left wing for Barca if ain't got no legs

ReputationRep:
    If rvp has any respect and love for arsenal whatsoever, he will **** Chelsea up tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I think Villa still has a lot to offer. He's been played as a left winger because of Messi but Arsenal he'd be the focal point of our attack, and with the amount of chances we create (+ Cazorla behind him) he'd easily get 20 goals a season. Definitely worth taking him imo. Although I also think a trio of Podolski-Jovetic-Walcott could be very effective. As long as we get one of them I'll be happy, don't rate Giroud at all if I'm honest.

ReputationRep:
    I really think we need two strikers and we should look at Benfica's Oscar Cardozo as one of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think Villa still has a lot to offer. He's been played as a left winger because of Messi but Arsenal he'd be the focal point of our attack, and with the amount of chances we create (+ Cazorla behind him) he'd easily get 20 goals a season. Definitely worth taking him imo. Although I also think a trio of Podolski-Jovetic-Walcott could be very effective. As long as we get one of them I'll be happy, don't rate Giroud at all if I'm honest.
    You certainly seem to be missing him these last two games.

ReputationRep:
    How much do you reckon we would spend on him? We could get him for 8 mil and on reduced wages on a 2 year deal. Consider who else there else to buy that isn't going for crazy money. Villa is still a top quality player, you don't play left wing for Barca if ain't got no legs
    There's no way we're getting him for 8 million.

15 million at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    You certainly seem to be missing him these last two games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I really think we need two strikers and we should look at Benfica's Oscar Cardozo as one of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    portugal seem to be producing some good strikers with him, martinez, even ghilas:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why Oscar Cardozo

ReputationRep:
    :O Higuain>>> Villa

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, why are you people still rating Villa. Saying he's been misused by Barca to accomodate for Messi etc; how misguided are you? Have you gone to pluto for the last month or something when Messi has been injured and Villa been played through the middle and still produced nothing, ZERO, ZILCH.

Saying he'll get us 20+ goals is akin to believing that Torress still has it.

ReputationRep:
    What happens if villa joins on a 3 year contract and starts to show his age in about a year? Then he becomes deadwood on high wages and we won't be able to sell him. So we'd be screwed essentially

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    What happens if villa joins on a 3 year contract and starts to show his age in about a year? Then he becomes deadwood on high wages and we won't be able to sell him. So we'd be screwed essentially
    Do you think Wenger is a fool ?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Wenger is a fool ?
    No but it still bemuses me why there is still so much deadwood left in the club.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.