Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie121)
    Are you going to study Education in September 2014 at Birmingham? I've accepted an unconditional to study History and Education joint honours
    Cool, I've got a conditional offer but hopefully if I get the grades, yeah, will be studying education in September 2014

ReputationRep:
    When do you start applying for accommodation? Do you have till firming on UCAS and if so where do you get the details from? So behind with all this, also how do you sort out finances? Sorry for sounding clueless it's just our school hasn't really kept us updated so little confused! Anyone with any advice please message me thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I've got a conditional offer of AAB for BA geography with a year of international study. This is my dream university and dream course! The only thing is I don't think I'm going to meet the conditions, I'm studying geography psychology and English, and am more likely to get ABB.
    I've got a conditional offer from Manchester for AB and a pass at welsh baccalaureate, which is much more achievable!
    However I really don't want to decline UOB! I'm not sure what to do, as Manchester are flexible and quoted in the offer letter that they'll do their best to find you a place even if you don't meet the conditions!
    Does anyone know where UOB stand if you don't meet the conditions? Are they flexible with trying to place you on a similar course etc?
    I don't want to decline Birmingham, but there's also no point putting it as my insurance if I get into Manchester! But also don't want to put Manchester as insurance as if unforeseeable circumstances arise and I don't meet the conditions when they see it's my insurance they may not try and place me on a course!
    If anyone has any idea about the flexibility UOB have on results day i'd really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    I received conditional offer for adult nursing today... thank God! is there anyone for adult nursing course this year cuz am so confused on accommodation wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booth96)
    Hey!
    I've got a conditional offer of AAB for BA geography with a year of international study. This is my dream university and dream course! The only thing is I don't think I'm going to meet the conditions, I'm studying geography psychology and English, and am more likely to get ABB.
    I've got a conditional offer from Manchester for AB and a pass at welsh baccalaureate, which is much more achievable!
    However I really don't want to decline UOB! I'm not sure what to do, as Manchester are flexible and quoted in the offer letter that they'll do their best to find you a place even if you don't meet the conditions!
    Does anyone know where UOB stand if you don't meet the conditions? Are they flexible with trying to place you on a similar course etc?
    I don't want to decline Birmingham, but there's also no point putting it as my insurance if I get into Manchester! But also don't want to put Manchester as insurance as if unforeseeable circumstances arise and I don't meet the conditions when they see it's my insurance they may not try and place me on a course!
    If anyone has any idea about the flexibility UOB have on results day i'd really appreciate it!
    I don't know how flexible they are, but if it really is your dream uni, firm Birmingham! I've been left in the position where I want to go there so much that I would hate to go to my insurance uni, but if I don't meet my offer grades, I'll just reapply next year. If you want it that much, then it's worth doing and in my opinion, uni costs too much these days for you to be going somewhere you don't want to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booth96)
    Hey!
    Heyy I've got an offer for BSc Geography I've firmed my offer for university of birmingham they said to me on the applicant day that they are quite likely to take you if you miss the offer by one grade so if you got ABB, if you contacted them on results day they are quite likely to still give you a place

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed my Computer Science offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanjf)
    I've done that too, they just keep saying that it does exist and that student finance should be able to find it
    Are you sure you can't just type in the course name from a drop down list? I'm pretty sure I just typed in the key words like drama and English and it came up!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brettgmason)
    Are you sure you can't just type in the course name from a drop down list? I'm pretty sure I just typed in the key words like drama and English and it came up!!
    Nope it doesn't work they're having to sort it out themselves, don't get why it's just happening to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanjf)
    Nope it doesn't work they're having to sort it out themselves, don't get why it's just happening to me
    Very strange!! Hope it's get sorted for you Sorry I couldn't help more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brettgmason)
    Very strange!! Hope it's get sorted for you Sorry I couldn't help more!
    I'm happy to say it's finally worked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanjf)
    I'm happy to say it's finally worked
    Waheyy good times!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by githz)
    When do you start applying for accommodation? Do you have till firming on UCAS and if so where do you get the details from? So behind with all this, also how do you sort out finances? Sorry for sounding clueless it's just our school hasn't really kept us updated so little confused! Anyone with any advice please message me thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apply for birmingham accommodation right now, it's allocated by the date of your first application!

ReputationRep:
    Officially firmed Birmingham studying LLB yay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkkk)
    Still haven't heard from Birmingham :/ I've recieved 3 offers so far, but I really fancy B'ham. A month to go, so lets keep fingers crossed
    Sorry, I didn't really follow this thread in the past few weeks - Did you hear back from Bham yet?

I got my offer for IR&Economics from Bham about two weeks ago, but I'm still waiting to hear back from one more choice before I can actually make a decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by githz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should apply now for accommodation as it's a first come first served basis. You don't have to have firmed it to apply. The number you need to do it will be on your letter. You can change where you want to live later as well.

You can apply for finance now too but I haven't done that yet as I haven't made my firm and insurance decisions yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed my graduate llb offer..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitelion)
    Sorry, I didn't really follow this thread in the past few weeks - Did you hear back from Bham yet?

I got my offer for IR&Economics from Bham about two weeks ago, but I'm still waiting to hear back from one more choice before I can actually make a decision
    Yep, heard back from them some weeks ago i'm going to firm B'ham. who keeps you waiting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkkk)
    Yep, heard back from them some weeks ago i'm going to firm B'ham. who keeps you waiting?
    Nice, congratulations Might see you there then
    Edinburgh.....

ReputationRep:
    please can someone tell me how to apply for accommodation? is anyone interested in pritchatts house?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.