Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1310 is the cut-off point????

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people would lie though, I really don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemz202)
    You've just proved that this George guy is talking bulls**t. Props to you sir

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It wasn't my intention to prove anyone right or wrong, just wanted to help you guys as much as I could.

I would also like to add that I emailed barts before applying specifically asking if they count
    General studies, OCR nationals and FSMQ to which they responded that if its in the tariff tables they will award points for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    I don't understand why people would lie though, I really don't
    Probably trolling. It's pathetic when they take it that far!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star10159)
    It wasn't my intention to prove anyone right or wrong, just wanted to help you guys as much as I could.
    I'm so confused now :/ what is happening? Anyone got any clue on why people are being rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student0695)
    I'm so confused now :/ what is happening? Anyone got any clue on why people are being rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    my best guess would be that they started looking at Personal statement/reference due to the UKCAT screw up this year

ReputationRep:
    my best guess would be that they started looking at Personal statement/reference due to the UKCAT screw up this year
    I somehow think that they have started looking at personal statements too! But how did the UKCAT screw up this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, do you know that they have definitely given you the points for the OCR National after that email?

I personally doubt it's the PS/reference, I just think their 'cut-off' will go up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student0695)
    I somehow think that they have started looking at personal statements too! But how did the UKCAT screw up this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The extra time given for DA (for confidence ratings) which meant very high scores in DA, which thus meant very high averages.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, It's non of my business to interfere here but guys, stay calm. Just simply call them to ask tomorrow about anything you might want to. Honestly, arguing on tsr wouldnt solve anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    Out of interest, do you know that they have definitely given you the points for the OCR National after that email?

I personally doubt it's the PS/reference, I just think their 'cut-off' will go up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, my OCR nationals was level 2 and did not give any UCAS points, which I told them. They replied saying:

Dear X,

Thank you for your reply.
    We now proceed on the assessment of your UCAS application.

Best wishes
    Teresa
    this was on 29th Nov

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhta112)
    Guys, It's non of my business to interfere here but guys, stay calm. Just simply call them to ask tomorrow about anything you might want to. Honestly, arguing on tsr wouldnt solve anything
    I was thinking the exact same thing- there's no point trying to work out on what basis people are getting rejected. And i'm pretty sure QM are not going to explain the admissions process.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that would explain why they've taken longer this year to start sending interviews/rejections too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkat1)
    Look up fair admissions principles. Transparency is key to a good admissions policy.
    What do they mean by transparency?

ReputationRep:
    Georgey boy's been naughty little liar...

I think this is the most reasonable explanation, I really hope it's true, it would explains loads...Not been rejected yet but expecting it.

UCAS tariff: 660
    UCKAT: 660

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepizzamonster)
    Georgey boy's been naughty little liar...

I think this is the most reasonable explanation, I really hope it's true, it would explains loads...Not been rejected yet but expecting it.

UCAS tariff: 660
    UCKAT: 660

On UCAS they merely state you have been rejected 'due to increased competition' which is wholly ambiguous. Does this mean that my application was fine and normally I would have been given an interview just they had too many applicants or I'm not even sure what else? I shall be on to them first thing in the morning to find out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samodude11)
    On UCAS they merely state you have been rejected 'due to increased competition' which is wholly ambiguous. Does this mean that my application was fine and normally I would have been given an interview just they had too many applicants or I'm not even sure what else? I shall be on to them first thing in the morning to find out!
    what was your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhta112)
    what was your stats?

I'm a graduate but my UKCAT was 685 which although I realise not ridiculously high it would have got me an interview last year

ReputationRep:
    Probably going to get a rejection tomorrow :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Probably going to get a rejection tomorrow :rolleyes:
    Do you meet the 1310 cut off point that someone posted?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.