Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on Wednesday, definitely the best interview I've had! And the most social It was mostly PS and BMAT essay stuff, nothing to really prepare that much

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview this morning for the 19th!! I was soo shocked because I thought I was definately getting rejected.
    BMAT 5.7 4.3 4.5A
    9A*s 1A
    AS AAAAAB
    A2 A*AAA

Does anyone know if having a late interview puts you at a disadvantage? And is it all based on interview performance now or are other things still taken into account? Also can anyone who's had an interview give any tips please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrTJEckleburg)
    I had my interview on Wednesday, definitely the best interview I've had! And the most social It was mostly PS and BMAT essay stuff, nothing to really prepare that much
    Cool thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ziggy)
    I was there too! It was so fun in the waiting room. Definitely my favourite interview waiting room experience!
    (Original post by DrTJEckleburg)
    Hey guys, I was also interviewed on wednesday - how were your interviews? Where were you sitting in the room/describe yourself if you don't mind as I might remember you! I'm Kush and I was the short indian guy with glasses and a grey jacket. You're right that the waiting room was so good - everyone was so nice and supportive and I made some great friends. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to those yet to have their interviews! The interviews vary but as long as you know your PS/essay/ethics/WE you should be fine. Show enthusiasm and be confident and friendly. Best of luck - you can look forward to relaxing a bit (before summer exam revision) after your interview!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Semanresu)
    Hey guys, I was also interviewed on wednesday - how were your interviews? Where were you sitting in the room/describe yourself if you don't mind as I might remember you! I'm Kush and I was the short indian guy with glasses and a grey jacket. You're right that the waiting room was so good - everyone was so nice and supportive and I made some great friends. Good luck!
    I was the black guy at the front with the grey suit and red tie! My interview was alright but I think I should have been better, ohh wells!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ziggy)
    I was the black guy at the front with the grey suit and red tie! My interview was alright but I think I should have been better, ohh wells!
    Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the offer. You were a fellow londoner, right? Are you planning to stay in halls if you get in to UCL, or stay at home (I'm probably staying at home)? Nice to put a (user)name to a face! Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Baffled! only 12 days left (which will actually be 9 days because of the weekend now) until the last interview date and not got a rejection? Surely they're not going to hand out more interview invitations next week? It's too late for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bockers)
    Baffled! only 12 days left (which will actually be 9 days because of the weekend now) until the last interview date and not got a rejection? Surely they're not going to hand out more interview invitations next week? It's too late for that?
    I hope so, I called and asked if more interviews would be handed out, they avoided answering and said that all applicants would be notified at the end of March.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the offer. You were a fellow londoner, right? Are you planning to stay in halls if you get in to UCL, or stay at home (I'm probably staying at home)? Nice to put a (user)name to a face! Best of luck!
    Yeah I was the other Londoner and I will definitely want to live out next year and experience what halls are like! :

ReputationRep:
    Incredibly happy, got an interview invite yesterday for the 18th of march!!! UCL is my top choice, was expecting a rejection..still in shock a little bit!! yaaaaaay :grin:

ReputationRep:
    When would offer holders start applying for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Finally received my rejection today, though I'm devastated, I was expecting it with my poor BMAT

ReputationRep:
    Got my rejection too. Was expecting an interview, but I dont know what went wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone, who is not an international applicant, gotten an offer after being placed on the waiting list yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bockers)
    Sorry to say but if you haven't heard by now, they'll probably just be processing your rejection :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was on Wednesday morning, short white girl, brown hair, glasses, red coat and black blazer - the Canadian one

ReputationRep:
    That's what I thought but it seems a lot of other people have been rejected today whilst I haven't. Why they'd miss out myself baffles me because what's the point keeping me on a thread? I'm expecting to get rejected, I just don't understand why they've not said it. o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak395)
    Just got an interview this morning for the 19th!! I was soo shocked because I thought I was definately getting rejected.
    BMAT 5.7 4.3 4.5A
    9A*s 1A
    AS AAAAAB
    A2 A*AAA

Does anyone know if having a late interview puts you at a disadvantage? And is it all based on interview performance now or are other things still taken into account? Also can anyone who's had an interview give any tips please?

I had my interview last Tuesday and got my offer in Thursday so I don't think it puts you at a disadvantage, if anything they reply quicker possibly? As for tips you just have to think on your feet as the interview can be personal to you! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember the exact wording of the surgeon bmat essay? I seem to remember most of it, but the precise wording evades me!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 29, 2014

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.