Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Ah I love Brighton, I've been before
    The one time I went was when I was based there on industrial placement and Cov were playing. I don't remember much except a horrendous own goal and the locals cracking jokes about Bigirimana's hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    I remember them putting on a guest beer for each away team as well though that might not still be the case.Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still do it, which is amazing. The person who came up with that is a genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Still do it, which is amazing. The person who came up with that is a genius.
    Can't remember what they put on for us, probably Banks or something like that. Makes the inevitable defeat a little more palateable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Can't remember what they put on for us, probably Banks or something like that. Makes the inevitable defeat a little more palateable!
    Kindof excited about this already :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Kindof excited about this already :P
    Very nice ground when I went and that was before they expanded it. Hopefully you get them in August when the weather's half decent and the woes of a crap season haven't dampened the atmosphere

Oh I'm excited to be joining you all in the championship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Oh I'm excited to be joining you all in the championship
    Heh, I suppose this thread is pretty much the Championship Discussion thread.

Brentford, right? I might go down if I renew my LUFC membership. London away days are alright, just straight down the M1

ReputationRep:
    Leyton Orient would be a brilliant story if he can get them through one last game. Rotherham were by far the best team we've played this season, but I don't want to see the fat controller with more success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Leyton Orient would be a brilliant story if he can get them through one last game. Rotherham were by far the best team we've played this season, but I don't want to see the fat controller with more success.
    Being in the league below either team is a joke but Rotherham would be utter farce.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Would be 4 successive promotions if he does it. I don't like the guy but you have to give credit where it's due.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Would be 4 successive promotions if he does it. I don't like the guy but you have to give credit where it's due.
    Yeah, but look at the money he's had to throw at the promotions!

He is succesful, I'll give him that, but he's very Ferguson like in his intimidation of refs, except that Ferguson was intelligent enough to know where to draw the line.

I remember fatty evans getting dragged out by the police when we played Crawley a few years back as he was effing and blinding at the ref, ref sent him off, Evans refused to move, so the stewards came to move him, and he started fighting them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    x
    Ah, a huge shame you couldn't make it to the final just to top of the season that little bit more for you. Always the ex players that come back to haunt you too, this case with Matty Blair having the crucial goal.

ReputationRep:
    Watford have supposedly agreed a three year deal with Lloyd Dyer of Leicester. Surprised about this, I imagine SLF will know more about him than I do, but it seems a good deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Watford have supposedly agreed a three year deal with Lloyd Dyer of Leicester. Surprised about this, I imagine SLF will know more about him than I do, but it seems a good deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Leicester fans love him and are generally gutted to be losing him - was one of those who was with us at our lowest (the league one season). He's a good winger (came up against Zabaleta twice and had his pants down twice) but is very much dependent on his pace. Rapid and will leave full-backs in the dust 9 times out of 10, but his delivery can be rather suspect.

As far as I'm aware its more that we wouldn't offer him a long enough contract - the staff want to keep him, but only a one year contract. If he does end up with you, expect consistent performances, running at defenders and beating them all rnds up, but the final ball to be somewhat erratic. On his day he is down near unplayable mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Ah, a huge shame you couldn't make it to the final just to top of the season that little bit more for you. Always the ex players that come back to haunt you too, this case with Matty Blair having the crucial goal.
    Thanks Weirdly we're not too disappointed - we were just delighted to be in the play offs.

Wembley is going to be a graveyard. I'd be surprised if there were more than 20k fans for the play off final. Hope fleetwood's money bubble goes pop soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Leicester fans love him and are generally gutted to be losing him - was one of those who was with us at our lowest (the league one season). He's a good winger (came up against Zabaleta twice and had his pants down twice) but is very much dependent on his pace. Rapid and will leave full-backs in the dust 9 times out of 10, but his delivery can be rather suspect.

As far as I'm aware its more that we wouldn't offer him a long enough contract - the staff want to keep him, but only a one year contract. If he does end up with you, expect consistent performances, running at defenders and beating them all rnds up, but the final ball to be somewhat erratic. On his day he is down near unplayable mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I heard it was a contract issue also. I think because of his age you only offered him a year, whereas we offered him three years, which is a bit risky bearing his age... I heard he was pacey, I imagine him and Anya will play wingers next year. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, guys. From a neutral point of view, who do you think are the favourites between QPR and ourselves for the PO final?

Most of the bookies seem to have us down as favourites (which I can understand when you consider we finished above them in the table) but, looking at their squad compared to ours, I don't see how we're anything but underdogs. No superstars or household names and the only Wembley experience we have in the squad are ex-Sheffield United and Luton players.

Not trying to talk down our chances but I'd much rather come into this game with all of the pressure on them :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    With the squad they have, QPR. That was a squad that should have walked the league. Likewise from the gamea I've seen of them and you (home and away vs us, home vs you) they seemed the better team. But, given you finished ahead of them in the regular season, you should be favourites. Frankly I hope neither win promotion, but seeing 'arry fail would be far more enjoyable (and the media treatment of a Leicester - Derby prem match would have forest absolutely bawling, which would be hilarious)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    With the squad they have, QPR. That was a squad that should have walked the league. Likewise from the gamea I've seen of them and you (home and away vs us, home vs you) they seemed the better team. But, given you finished ahead of them in the regular season, you should be favourites. Frankly I hope neither win promotion, but seeing 'arry fail would be far more enjoyable (and the media treatment of a Leicester - Derby prem match would have forest absolutely bawling, which would be hilarious)
    :cry2: Why? It will be an easy 6 points for you if we go up!

ReputationRep:
    Want Derby to win, however I think QPR may have too much in terms of experience and may handle the pressure better.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.