Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ziffachan)
I REALLY AM

I can't wait

College brother?
Just before you start, you get college parents (second years) and a college sibling as your college family - sort of friendly faces, someone to ask if you need to know something. One of your parents will be doing your subject, although not necessarily the same options. My dad is doing NatSci too, but physical (when I'm doing biological), so your parent might not do French and Italian, but will do MML
Funkachillislap
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ahhh i have an offer aswell! I was not expecting that!
My friend text me as i walked home to tell me she had an offer and when i rang her she said he envelope was A4 and packed with stuff; so much so it was obviously an offer.
So i walked through the house to the kitchen, and there it was on the table; so small.

I just thought, 'oh well at least you tried' and then just kicked off when i saw the 'conditional offer'

Hopefully i'll see you all next year!
BrightGirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Awesome! ^^

And a college family sounds so cute...
Funkachillislap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 03jenniferp)

Name: Jenni
Course at King's: History
Starting year: 2010
Conditions: A*AA with A* in history
Reactions: Joy. Disbelief. Euphoria. A sense of all my hard work paying off. Surprise. Excitement! :woo:
So wheres your offer, Kings or St. Johns?
Sorry, if its blunt but my head is just racing; when i saw the puny little envelope i thought i was certain to be a reject.

Name: Sam
Course: Engineering
Conditions: A*AA with A* in maths or Physics
Reactions: :snow::snow::snow::snow:, this is all real. Just a bit skeptical about the A* malarkey. Ahh in one year i could be chilling in Cripps with future leaders of the world! Hopefully i'll see every1 in this thread there, the hardest part is over!
SoapyDish
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Funkachillislap)
Ahhh i have an offer aswell! I was not expecting that!
My friend text me as i walked home to tell me she had an offer and when i rang her she said he envelope was A4 and packed with stuff; so much so it was obviously an offer.
So i walked through the house to the kitchen, and there it was on the table; so small.

I just thought, 'oh well at least you tried' and then just kicked off when i saw the 'conditional offer'

Hopefully i'll see you all next year!
Well done Need to change your sig :p:
Funkachillislap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
haha cheers. Just wondering though; as the bottom of my offer letter says "Pressure on our places is such that, if you are unsuccessful in
meeting any of our conditions, we are unlikely to be able to confirm
your offer", would you older folk have gotten an A* at a level? (90%+ at A2) I just really dont want to miss it.
03jenniferp
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So wheres your offer, Kings or St. Johns?
Sorry, if its blunt but my head is just racing; when i saw the puny little envelope i thought i was certain to be a reject.

Reactions: :snow::snow::snow::snow:, this is all real. Just a bit skeptical about the A* malarkey. Ahh in one year i could be chilling in Cripps with future leaders of the world! Hopefully i'll see every1 in this thread there, the hardest part is over!
sorry my fault twas a typo!
St. John's!

And I know what you mean about the A* stuff, not sure how I'll quite manage it but I can't believe that if I get it, I can study in St. Johns Cambridge with all you wonderful people!
03jenniferp
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hehe History at St. John's 2010!!!! yesssssss!!
I've wanted it for so long and getting an offer from my dream college = a ridiculously happy girl!
DeyTa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
woot i'll be seeing you there, and i'll probably be in your classes congratz!

Name: Bashar
Conditions: A*AA (A* in maths/physics)
Reactions: Shocked I'm really happy, but I need to start working hard for that A*
DevilsJackass
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Name: Chris
Course at St. John's: Natural sciences (bio)
Conditions: A*AA with A* in anything
Reactions: OMFG.
Funkachillislap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
sorry my fault twas a typo!
St. John's!

And I know what you mean about the A* stuff, not sure how I'll quite manage it but I can't believe that if I get it, I can study in St. Johns Cambridge with all you wonderful people!
aww thanks (why isnt there a rosy cheeks, like embarrassed emoticon on here?)
SoapyDish
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
haha cheers. Just wondering though; as the bottom of my offer letter says "Pressure on our places is such that, if you are unsuccessful in
meeting any of our conditions, we are unlikely to be able to confirm
your offer", would you older folk have gotten an A* at a level? (90%+ at A2) I just really dont want to miss it.
I think in Maths I averaged about 93%, and in Chemistry I averaged 91%ish, the other two I got below 90%.
Funkachillislap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh... Well you were fine anyway wernt you! It just would be such a waste to miss out now i have an offer... Just need to destress for a few days and then get back into revision. Meh; damb A-levels.
03jenniferp
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
aww thanks (why isnt there a rosy cheeks, like embarrassed emoticon on here?)
haha one like this?
:blushing:

So how did you find out because I don't get post for the rest of the week so I emailed - cheeky thing that i am! haha
I was kind of worried about getting a "you're rejected" email but in the end my impatience paid off! :yes:
Funkachillislap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh, and we all better not squabble on here because chance's are were gonna be spending alot of hours chilling in the JCR together over the next 3-4 years. WOOOOO i am soooo happy!
Funkachillislap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
haha one like this?
:blushing:

So how did you find out because I don't get post for the rest of the week so I emailed - cheeky thing that i am! haha
I was kind of worried about getting a "you'r rejected" email but in the end my impatience paid off! :yes:
Yeah, i really didnt want to have to ring or email because i felt it would end up being just a bit blunt and matter of fact; where as with a letter... meh i dunno, justnot as nice.

As you asked... erm i found out by post; but it was horrible. (i've posted this story in so many threads btw) Basically my friend got an offer and told me how her letter was soo huge she knew it was an offer the minute she saw it.
My mum had txted me when i was out sledging with mates to say the post had finally come and the letter was here (hadnt had post in 3 days).
As i walked through to the kitchen to open it; it turned out to be a tiny A5 little letter. - At that moment (althugh i had told myself i had to get pooled and that i had a good chance etc. for the last month, at the sight of such a small envelope i was certain i had been rejected and was just, oh well; at least i tried.
Then i saw the words and was like no wayyy Ahhhh.

...im still buzzing now... but i better calm down cos i need to go and collect lots of milk money in this lovely weather!
03jenniferp
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, i really didnt want to have to ring or email because i felt it would end up being just a bit blunt and matter of fact; where as with a letter... meh i dunno, justnot as nice.

As you asked... erm i found out by post; but it was horrible. (i've posted this story in so many threads btw) Basically my friend got an offer and told me how her letter was soo huge she knew it was an offer the minute she saw it.
My mum had txted me when i was out sledging with mates to say the post had finally come and the letter was here (hadnt had post in 3 days).
As i walked through to the kitchen to open it; it turned out to be a tiny A5 little letter. - At that moment (althugh i had told myself i had to get pooled and that i had a good chance etc. for the last month, at the sight of such a small envelope i was certain i had been rejected and was just, oh well; at least i tried.
Then i saw the words and was like no wayyy Ahhhh.

...im still buzzing now... but i better calm down cos i need to go and collect lots of milk money in this lovely weather!
Haha nice - yeah I just read it in the other Johns thread! lol! Yeah I know what you mean about a letter - I still don't really believe it and I think that could partially be because I haven't had any tangible evidence!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?