Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyJane)
    Which group were you in? I also feel like I didn't do enough for the making effective decisions one.. Did you feel like you didn't do as well in the last exercise as you were worn out? I had the policy recommendation one last and definitely didn't absorb the mass of information very well!

I didn't ask either when we'd hear, but from last years thread the people on the analytical streams seem to have found out 3-4 working days after the FSAC that they were successful, so there's definitely a possibility we could hear back Monday or Tuesday but it could be much later.

Has your scheme progress page changed to awaiting results now?
    It says awaiting results now, but don't worry if yours doesn't yet, I don't think its indicative of anything.

I had policy last too, but I don't think I would have done well on it even if it had of been first. O just saw the vast amount of reading and panicked.

Do people hear by email either way regardless of if they are successful or not, or have successful candidates heard by phone in the past?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savdahn)
    It says awaiting results now, but don't worry if yours doesn't yet, I don't think its indicative of anything.

I had policy last too, but I don't think I would have done well on it even if it had of been first. O just saw the vast amount of reading and panicked.

Do people hear by email either way regardless of if they are successful or not, or have successful candidates heard by phone in the past?
    I think you hear by email / the candidate website, think the candidate website updates first but you will receive an email if you haven't checked the website within a few hours. Can't recall anyone hearing by phone last year although I think they ring you up to discuss department allocation but that will be a bit later on.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had any EFS progress? I've got an assessment date for GFS but am still awaiting results (of the e-tray) for EFS.

ReputationRep:
    For those applying to NI Fast Stream - something to consider;

http://www.nipsa.org.uk/Where-I-Work...-Substantive-P

A promotion embargo - they can last a significant amount of time in the Civil Service and with Northern Ireland's budget woes it's definitely worth considering that this may last for the foreseeable future.

ReputationRep:
    Orientation tomorrow, quite looking forward to seeing the building/layout/team etc? Early train (for me) though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ07)
    For those applying to NI Fast Stream - something to consider;

http://www.nipsa.org.uk/Where-I-Work...-Substantive-P

A promotion embargo - they can last a significant amount of time in the Civil Service and with Northern Ireland's budget woes it's definitely worth considering that this may last for the foreseeable future.
    If it applies to fast streamers I suppose it likely means NI civil servants will go for promotion in the rest of the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailss)
    Thanks! Have you been for your FSAC already? How did it go? Less daunting than expected or is it reasonable to be as terrified as I currently am?
    I was terrified for weeks before I did mine (a few years ago). In the end I found the day was a quite enjoyable experience and went quickly. If they said I had to do a retake of FSAC now I wouldn't be particularly nervous at all!

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anybody know which is the best way to prepare for etray? Since they give 2 weeks for preparation, is the etray link on the fast stream website the best option? What is the complexity level on the actual test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onouse)
    Hey does anybody know which is the best way to prepare for etray? Since they give 2 weeks for preparation, is the etray link on the fast stream website the best option? What is the complexity level on the actual test?
    The practice e-tray on the website is very useful and does provide a good representation of what the actual e-tray is like. They give you the answers that they were looking for in the practice one so make sure you write down which answer you put down as your first and last choice so you can see if you were right. Also don't forget that there is a written exercise following on from the e-tray which will be assessed as part of the FSAC if you get to that stage so it's worth bearing in mind that you'll be using information from the documents in the first part of the e-tray to complete the written exercise (although the documents will still be there when you're completing the written exercise).

The complexity level seemed reasonably okay to me, the practice one does give a good indication of the difficulty so if you find the practice went well you should be fine in the real one.

Edit: Just remembered I did another practice e-tray from Cubiks. I found it useful trying this before the Civil service practice e-tray as you get a better feel for what you need to do - although the Cubiks one I found much easier than the civil service one.

ReputationRep:
    Just spoke to parity regarding e-trays apparently there will be a narrowing of the bands at some point this week

best of luck everyone!!!

ReputationRep:
    I completed the e-tray exercise on Friday (at about 9 pm) and when I log into the FS website it still states "Awaiting Results". Do some people instantly find out they have passed? If so, it must mean my score was middling in nature. Equally, do many people find out immediately that they have been unsuccessful? I'm a little concerned because I finished the e-tray about 10 minutes before the time was due to elapse so time-management was not my strongest point here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauradora05)
    Just spoke to parity regarding e-trays apparently there will be a narrowing of the bands at some point this week

best of luck everyone!!!
    Ah, thanks for the information, Laura. Best of luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortal Wombat)
    I completed the e-tray exercise on Friday (at about 9 pm) and when I log into the FS website it still states "Awaiting Results". Do some people instantly find out they have passed? If so, it must mean my score was middling in nature. Equally, do many people find out immediately that they have been unsuccessful? I'm a little concerned because I finished the e-tray about 10 minutes before the time was due to elapse so time-management was not my strongest point here!
    The first part of the e-Tray (managing the emails) is scored here. There will be an immediate pass rate, which if you meet this then you will find out pretty quickly. I found out the next day. Likewise, there is an immediate fail score, and you should find out quickly.

It sounds like you have been amber-banded. So, you will hear whether you have been successful or not once they decide on what the pass mark should be.

Don't worry too much, hopefully you will be successful! And don't worry about time management; they don't assess that- it's your responses are the important part. And they don't even assess the written part until FSAC!

ReputationRep:
    A question for anyone who's undertaken the FSAC this year already. Do they retest the numerical/verbal tests in any manner during the day? It hasn't been mentioned as far as I'm aware on any of the documents but I'm aware of it happening in the past?

Thanks! And good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TWicko)
    A question for anyone who's undertaken the FSAC this year already. Do they retest the numerical/verbal tests in any manner during the day? It hasn't been mentioned as far as I'm aware on any of the documents but I'm aware of it happening in the past?

Thanks! And good luck everyone.
    Hi,

At mine they didn't retest and the day finished an hour earlier than they'd stated! I think they're probably doing random retesting as I applied last year as well and I did have to redo them then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyJane)
    Hi,

At mine they didn't retest and the day finished an hour earlier than they'd stated! I think they're probably doing random retesting as I applied last year as well and I did have to redo them then.
    I think they've stated that this has changed (to no longer retesting). I'm pretty sure everyone last year was re-tested.

ReputationRep:
    Just found out I passed the FSAC!!!

ReputationRep:
    Fast result and great news! Which stream?

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for the FSAC guys?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GManTheGMan)
    Fast result and great news! Which stream?
    Yeah really fast! I was there last Tuesday, so that's a one week turnaround. Social Research stream

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.