Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Hi. I'm wide awake too. If you want to tialk, PM me.
    Managed to get to sleep not long after that, but thanks I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever stuck awake again

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Neither can I . Did manage to get to sleep earlier but woke up around 4 times in 5 hours. Now can't get back to sleep .
    :hugs:

(Original post by rock_climber86)
    happy bank holiday all - sorry odd socks no bank holiday for you
    I did nothing all day anyway because I don't work Mondays so it was holidayish for me anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    Still in Croatia, at second hostel. This one is a lot busier and I'm torn between meeting people and hiding in my room. Trusted my friend to apply suncream to my back for an 8 hour bus journey and now have some very red patches which look stupid. One week til I get to come home. It's beautiful here but I don't have any alone time at all. Plus the whole can't go outside without burning thing. Hugs for all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: Try and have fun when you feel able, but there's nothing wrong with wanting some time on your own either. Maybe see if you can find a nice park to sit and relax in for an afternoon (one with nice shady trees)?

(Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Feeling unwanted and lonely is the worst
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: Try and have fun when you feel able, but there's nothing wrong with wanting some time on your own either. Maybe see if you can find a nice park to sit and relax in for an afternoon (one with nice shady trees)?

:jumphug:
    thanks, I'm okay

ReputationRep:
    So I got nominated for the ice bucket challenge annnnnd I want to do it, but I'm on Pay-As-You-Go and don't have enough credit for a donation and I can't find my phone What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so bored

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I'm too depressed to apply for jobs, mainly due to past experiences of applying for many jobs and being rejected from everything (makes me feel awful ). But luckily I managed to pluck up the courage to sit on my computer last night and today and apply for loads of jobs. I know I can only keep trying, and I'm feeling hopeful that I'll get something soon . I just came back home from my latest travels, and only need something between now and when I move to Edinburgh in November. Though, maybe I'll move there earlier if I can find a course I want to do that starts in August or September. Decisions, decisions....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Managed to get to sleep not long after that, but thanks I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever stuck awake again

I did nothing all day anyway because I don't work Mondays so it was holidayish for me anyway
    :woo: wicked! i was so sleep deprived i slept a lot today! means a night of not sleeping again btw what happens after u didnt take ur exam? how did your parents react when u told them the job was a lie, and hows your skim around your neck? hopefully better i hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    How's everyone doing?

Spoiler:
    Show
    feeling a bit meh atm, kinda down and lifeless. Hoping it will pass soon :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of being constantly tired and physically drained - it's every day now and the Dr's just keep putting it down to stress. Blood test showed everything was fine apparently but I'm going to ring for the actual numbers tomorrow and see for myself if anything is maybe borderline.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I DID IT!!!!!! :woo: :party: :jive:

I survived my first day at college and people actually spoke to me through choice and it was brilliant AND I MADE FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutcase: :gasp: :ahee: :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)

I survived my first day at college and people actually spoke to me through choice and it was brilliant AND I MADE FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutcase: :gasp: :ahee: :awesome:
    Wooooo .
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    So I got nominated for the ice bucket challenge annnnnd I want to do it, but I'm on Pay-As-You-Go and don't have enough credit for a donation and I can't find my phone What do I do?
    can you not wait until you do have credit?

(Original post by bubble999)
    How's everyone doing?

Spoiler:
    Show
    feeling a bit meh atm, kinda down and lifeless. Hoping it will pass soon :cry2:
    me too, but I'm trying to stay positive :/

yay, I'm proud of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Not much, visiting my friend in hospital atm, but after that, most likely just chilling. You?
    just slept most of today. Was really tired for no reason in particular! Still unemployed. Desperately looking for work

ReputationRep:

That's really, really awesome. Go you! :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Sometimes I'm too depressed to apply for jobs, mainly due to past experiences of applying for many jobs and being rejected from everything (makes me feel awful ). But luckily I managed to pluck up the courage to sit on my computer last night and today and apply for loads of jobs. I know I can only keep trying, and I'm feeling hopeful that I'll get something soon . I just came back home from my latest travels, and only need something between now and when I move to Edinburgh in November. Though, maybe I'll move there earlier if I can find a course I want to do that starts in August or September. Decisions, decisions....
    I know that feeling, it took me ages to get a job before I got my first one and then after I left that it took me ages again, but trust me keep trying one will come round eventually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    :woo: wicked! i was so sleep deprived i slept a lot today! means a night of not sleeping again btw what happens after u didnt take ur exam? how did your parents react when u told them the job was a lie, and hows your skim around your neck? hopefully better i hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've arranged that I'm resitting the year as a first attempt (if I get my form in, need to do that tomorrow). Oh it wasn't my job that was a lie, the job is real and great I told my parents the truth and they've been good about it they said they're not disappointed my skin is slowly clearing up, pestered the doctor for a stronger steroid cream (been using them since I was a baby so I've built up a bit of a tolerance) which is helping

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

So proud of you lovely :jumphug:

(Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Dr Who last night was really triggering. That's how I act when I'm psychotic

(Original post by alexs2602)
    Tell me about it and even when I've had enough sleep I don't like to get out of bed until the 'proper time'

I couldnt remember if that was the good news or not I was so sleep deprived.Do you know the hives? Garage rock. They have an amazing live performance, great crowd interaction. I listen to some older music too, this band isn't the newest band in the world either really. I just kinda hung about after the gig, wandering almost aimlessly, tagging along. I try to be punctual for gigs so I arrive when the ticket says to arrive, get a drink of water and head to the stage. Usually I'm not completely at the front but really near. Gig before this I ended up only one row back from the front but also crushed. This time there was a tiny gap and at some point I slid in sideways into that gap because I was skinny enough and somehow ended up facing full forward too.
    I haven't heard of them, I'm afraid Were you crushed this time round? Sounds like you had a good time - I'm glad!

Also, man, do I hate not being able to cook for myself for extended periods. Other people either cook to their own tastes or can't cook very well. Not to toot my own horn but I can cook fairly well if I have my attention on it(I may have burnt some stuff when I got distracted). Tends to not be over or undercooked, well seasoned, taste well. What more can you want? I'm not saying I'm an expert by any means but I haven't been cooking too long and I don't like to spend much on food. Oh, and I tend to cook from scratch. Did something basic today - pork leg steak seasoned with pepper and broccoli. Budgets and limited resources.
    I'm the opposite - rarely cook for myself. I tend to get takeaway instead :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I've arranged that I'm resitting the year as a first attempt (if I get my form in, need to do that tomorrow). Oh it wasn't my job that was a lie, the job is real and great I told my parents the truth and they've been good about it they said they're not disappointed my skin is slowly clearing up, pestered the doctor for a stronger steroid cream (been using them since I was a baby so I've built up a bit of a tolerance) which is helping

Posted from TSR Mobile
    excellent :hugs: Hope things work out better for you next year . Whether scotland votes for independence or not i'm sure we'll still be friends :jumphug: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Bah, insurance company/pharmacy is being awkward so I still haven't started the new antipsychotic. Hopefully it'll be sorted tomorrow although I have a 3 hour exam in the afternoon and with the voices shouting like this I have no idea how I'm gonna concentrate. At the moment I'm not even sure I'm gonna bother turning up, I keep making mistakes and going back to fix them just on writing this post and part of the exam is a typing speed test so I'm ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Bah, insurance company/pharmacy is being awkward so I still haven't started the new antipsychotic. Hopefully it'll be sorted tomorrow although I have a 3 hour exam in the afternoon and with the voices shouting like this I have no idea how I'm gonna concentrate. At the moment I'm not even sure I'm gonna bother turning up, I keep making mistakes and going back to fix them just on writing this post and part of the exam is a typing speed test so I'm ****ed.
    completely dont understand the USA system, but hope it gets sorted soon!

whats the exam for? :jumphug:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.