Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone im having problems with a arab guy he wont leave me alone how do i say to him in a nice way to leave me alone?

basically im not a sufi but i pretended to be one so he would not be my friend anymore and it didnt work its gotten worse hes trying to make me a wahabi he sent me like 50 messages

mod note: screenshot contains swearing
    Spoiler:
    Show

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Great advice from Sufyan Ath-Thauree.

My brother, use the time you have between dawn and sunrise to contemplate the previous day: Remain steadfast on the good deeds you performed the previous day, and abandon anything you did out of disobedience to Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala). Do not repeat the same mistakes, for you do not know whether or not you will live for the rest of your day! As long as you are alive, the option of repentance is available to you, but refraining from sinning is easier for you than trying to perform a sincere repentance. A sincere repentance involves regret and a firm resolve never to repeat the same sin again.

Wherever you are, fear Allaah. If you perpetrated a sin in secret, then repent to Allaah in secret. And if you perpetrated a sin out in the open, then repent to Allaah out in the open. Do not let one sin lead to another (so that they pile up onto one another). Cry frequently and as much as you are able to, and do not laugh (frequently), for you were not created without purpose. Join ties with and be kind to your family, your relatives, your neighbors, and your brothers.

When you intend to show mercy, show mercy to the poor, to orphans, and to the weak. If you intend to give charity…or to perform a good deed, then do it right away, before the Shaytaan (Devil) positions himself between you and the execution of what you intended to do. Act always on a good intention: eat with a good intention and drink with a good intention.

Do not be miserly, for miserliness corrupts a person’s religion. Do not promise someone something and refrain from fulfilling your promise, for in that case, the love you will have gained through your promise will be replaced by hate. Do not feel rancor in your heart towards your Muslim brother, for Allaah does not accept repentance from a person if there is rancor and malice between him and his Muslim brother. Do not be angry, for anger is like a shaver – just as a shaver shaves off hair, anger shaves off good deeds (unless one becomes angry for the sake of Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala)).

Make it a practice to extend greetings of peace to every Muslim, for if you do so, hatred, deception, and rancor will all be purged from your heart. Shake hands with your Muslim brothers and you will, as a result, become loved by the people. Remain in a constant state of purity (by performing ablution whenever you pass wind or empty your bowels) and, as a result, you will be loved by the Al-Hafazah (the angels who record your deeds). Love only for the sake of Allaah, and hate only for the sake of Allaah: If you do not possess these two qualities, it means that you have on you the mark of a hypocrite.

Abridged from: The Biography of Sufyaan ath-Thauree (rahimahullaah), p175-176

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Don't take this the wrong way but why don't you move on? Sure you like some things about Islam but clearly you don't believe.
    Belief should come naturally, but how do you know this is not fitnah? You don't have faith in allah's plan? You don't have tawakkul in allah?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gen. AIDEED)
    hello everyone im having problems with a arab guy he wont leave me alone how do i say to him in a nice way to leave me alone?

basically im not a sufi but i pretended to be one so he would not be my friend anymore and it didnt work its gotten worse hes trying to make me a wahabi he sent me like 50 messages
    Block the number. Please don't post things here that may go against the ISOC etiquette, such as swearing, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Block the number. Please don't post things here that may go against the ISOC etiquette, such as swearing, etc.
    The Messenger of Allah (saw) also said, "The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." [Muslim], "The faithful are like one man: if his eyes suffers, his whole body suffers." [Muslim]

ReputationRep:
    Just came across this:

Fighters from al-Qaeda affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra, or Nusra Front, stand among destroyed buildings south of Damascus. The militants destroyed the tomb of a revered Islamic scholar in one of the occupied towns.

Militants of the al-Nusra front attacked the 13th century tomb of Imam Nawawi in Nawa, a town recently captured by the militants, news agency SANA and London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported.

The incident occurred as al-Nusra have stepped up their attacks in Syria. Last December, the militants killed some 100 soldiers during a two-day battle in which insurgents took control of two key bases in the Idilib Governorate, south-western Syria.
    Al-Nusra, as well as terror group Islamic State (Isis) are Sunni Muslims part of the Salafi movement, whose members seek to restore the practices adopted by Muslims in the past.
    They are against shrines and tombs as they see them as sacrilegious.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/syria-nusra...nawawi-1482476

and these animals call themselves Muslims blowing up tombs of great sahaba, Islamic scholars and even Prophets, blowing up mosques, killing innocent people. May Allah Subhanahu wa ta ala help us and guide them all to the straight path to follow the footsteps of Rasulullah (SAW). Ameen.

ReputationRep:
    The Messenger of Allah (saw) also said, "The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." [Muslim], "The faithful are like one man: if his eyes suffers, his whole body suffers." [Muslim]
    I don't get your point. I asked that you not post the image in future if it has swearing, etc. I didn't tell you not to ask for advice.

ReputationRep:
    :bubbles:
    Don't be absurd. If he is being offensive or annoying you, block his number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)

When you intend to show mercy, show mercy to the poor, to orphans, and to the weak. If you intend to give charity…or to perform a good deed, then do it right away, before the Shaytaan (Devil) positions himself between you and the execution of what you intended to do. Act always on a good intention: eat with a good intention and drink with a good intention.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    Great advice from Sufyan Ath-Thauree.

My brother, use the time you have between dawn and sunrise to contemplate the previous day: Remain steadfast on the good deeds you performed the previous day, and abandon anything you did out of disobedience to Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala). Do not repeat the same mistakes, for you do not know whether or not you will live for the rest of your day! As long as you are alive, the option of repentance is available to you, but refraining from sinning is easier for you than trying to perform a sincere repentance. A sincere repentance involves regret and a firm resolve never to repeat the same sin again.

Wherever you are, fear Allaah. If you perpetrated a sin in secret, then repent to Allaah in secret. And if you perpetrated a sin out in the open, then repent to Allaah out in the open. Do not let one sin lead to another (so that they pile up onto one another). Cry frequently and as much as you are able to, and do not laugh (frequently), for you were not created without purpose. Join ties with and be kind to your family, your relatives, your neighbors, and your brothers.

Do not be miserly, for miserliness corrupts a person’s religion. Do not promise someone something and refrain from fulfilling your promise, for in that case, the love you will have gained through your promise will be replaced by hate. Do not feel rancor in your heart towards your Muslim brother, for Allaah does not accept repentance from a person if there is rancor and malice between him and his Muslim brother. Do not be angry, for anger is like a shaver – just as a shaver shaves off hair, anger shaves off good deeds (unless one becomes angry for the sake of Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala)).

Make it a practice to extend greetings of peace to every Muslim, for if you do so, hatred, deception, and rancor will all be purged from your heart. Shake hands with your Muslim brothers and you will, as a result, become loved by the people. Remain in a constant state of purity (by performing ablution whenever you pass wind or empty your bowels) and, as a result, you will be loved by the Al-Hafazah (the angels who record your deeds). Love only for the sake of Allaah, and hate only for the sake of Allaah: If you do not possess these two qualities, it means that you have on you the mark of a hypocrite.

Abridged from: The Biography of Sufyaan ath-Thauree (rahimahullaah), p175-176

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great advice and welcome back

ReputationRep:
    "Without love for the Prophet it is difficult to find God;
    He who is not of the Prophet's cannot be of God.
    Without love for Muhammad faith cannot be complete;
    To be a Muslim it is not enough to believe in God.
    Daily prayers, charity, fasting and hajj are fine;
    But despite these I cannot be among the faithful.
    Unless I am ready to be sacrificed for the honour of Muhammad;
    God is witness - my faith cannot attain perfection."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ko111)
    Just came across this:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/syria-nusra...nawawi-1482476

and these animals call themselves Muslims blowing up tombs of great sahaba, Islamic scholars and even Prophets, blowing up mosques, killing innocent people. May Allah Subhanahu wa ta ala help us and guide them all to the straight path to follow the footsteps of Rasulullah (SAW). Ameen.
    a shari of Jahbat al-Nusra denied they did so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    a shari of Jahbat al-Nusra denied they did so.
    http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...-in-Syria.html

they can deny all they want

ReputationRep:
    Yes because I'll really trust al arabiya.

ReputationRep:
    O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful. Qur'an 49:6.

ReputationRep:
    Yes because I'll really trust al arabiya.
    it's all over the news facts are clear deny it all you want see the video, only those scumbags can blow up sacred places and kill innocent people and yet call themselves Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.onislam.net/english/news/...h-threats.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ko111)
    it's all over the news facts are clear deny it all you want see the video, only those scumbags can blow up sacred places and kill innocent people and yet call themselves Muslims.
    oh its all over the news. Must be true then. Oh there's a video too. That puts it into 100% sure truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ko111)
    so you deny them blowing mosques, tombs, killing innocent people? lmao.
    Yes because i really said that. maybe you should actually read my posts to see what i actually said and what i did not say.

ReputationRep:
    Yes because i really said that. maybe you should actually read my posts to see what i actually said and what i did not say.
    nah i know exactly what you're trying to say don't worry.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.