The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wind turbines should be used as much as possible. In my opinion they look awesome and are a good source if electricity.
People who smoke should have to pay for any treatment such as lung cancer treatment instead go the nhs.
Durham university is the best univerity in the country :wink:
All tax on food should be abolished.
Original post by Blazar
You like owning a gun, but you don't like killing foetuses...? How does that even make sense?

Guns can be good for self defense and feeding ones self
Original post by Andy98
Nothing says you wouldn't be able to own one here - you just have to have a licence and you can't go round waving it at people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't do that here either
Original post by Nickierose21
No because English people are seen as white

To Americans, maybe, but not to us. My stepdad is genetically South Asian (he's adopted and we don't know whether he's originally from India or Pakistan) and has a distinctively Asian name, but nobody sees him as "not British" because of that. He was raised in England by an Indian-British family, and everybody thinks of him as English just as much as we think of him as Asian, if not more so.

(Again, I'm using an example from personal experience because I feel that it's a good way to demonstrate my point, so please refrain from accusing me of being an egotistical megalomaniac.)
Guns can be good for self defense and feeding ones self

What's wrong with nipping down the corner shop and getting yourself a packet of crisps or something? Worst case scenario, you can use it as a temporary distraction to any attackers by lobbing some cheese'n'onion goodness in their general direction.
Original post by paladian
brown people.

did i type incorrectly?!?!?! Black people
Original post by Blazar
To Americans, maybe, but not to us. My stepdad is genetically South Asian (he's adopted and we don't know whether he's originally from India or Pakistan) and has a distinctively Asian name, but nobody sees him as "not British" because of that. He was raised in England by an Indian-British family, and everybody thinks of him as English just as much as we think of him as Asian, if not more so.

(Again, I'm using an example from personal experience because I feel that it's a good way to demonstrate my point, so please refrain from accusing me of being an egotistical megalomaniac.)

AND asian not just english
Original post by Blazar
What's wrong with nipping down the cor
AND asian not just english

Well duh, because he's chosen to maintain his family connection to Indian culture. If he hadn't, then he would be "just English".
Original post by Blazar
Well duh, because he's chosen to maintain his family connection to Indian culture. If he hadn't, then he would be "just English".

Yeah that's the difference.

Also there are more people of color here than it is there. I grew up with white people being only a little of half of the population.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah that's the difference.

Also there are more black of color here than it is here. I grew up with white people being only a little of half of the population.

...?

This is indecipherable...

Also, outside of family, people don't really see my stepdad as Indian. He's just a normal dude from Yorkshire who happens to be adopted.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Hannahmay01
Wind turbines should be used as much as possible. In my opinion they look awesome and are a good source if electricity.
People who smoke should have to pay for any treatment such as lung cancer treatment instead go the nhs.
Durham university is the best univerity in the country :wink:
All tax on food should be abolished.

Why limit it to smoking? Why not add drinking, drugs and truth-or-dares gone wrong onto it, too?
White guys look the most like apes to me.

But it's not a bad thing. It's associated with masculinity.

But this is why my mom calls them Neanderthals so easily.

I just feel with some people, look at their face, and you see an exact replication of a monkey, and it is always most common in one race, that is my point.
Original post by SophieSmall
Hahaha okay love.
In an earlier reply you said that murder was literally just "killing someone"

haha so you think both the woman and foetus should die then? Absolutely laughable.

First of all it's not a child, so you can stop that. It's a clump of cells microscopic to the naked eye. I'm not adamant on "killing" all foetuses but I strong believe in the option of abortion being there, to prevent back ally abortions and overcrowded orphanages to child abuse from the mothers resentment.

You are failing to understand what nickirose is saying

She used 'killing someone' because we already know what killing means
but because of your poor understanding, she had to spell it out for you.
Original post by SophieSmall
Well....actually. Going by your definition of murder "killing someone" a foetus (which I assume you use interchangeably with embryo and baby) actually could kill someone. Many women have died from child birth or from ectopic pregnancies and many other complication of pregnancy...so...hmm think you need a new argument.

Actually that is something called 'coincidence'

It is also scientifically incorrect because pregnancy cannot kill you.
Just because you are in a fatal situation doesn't mean that one factors is the thing that took your life away.

Do not tell me you passed statistics or maths in school.
Coincidence is coincidence.
Original post by Alumna
I just feel with some people, look at their face, and you see an exact replication of a monkey, and it is always most common in one race, that is my point.

Yup prominent ape foreheads square apish jaws hairiness and lack of pigmentation like a chimp are all very prominent in one race than another... It's usually though the men that look so closely to apes.

Either way it makes them look sexy so it's all good.
Original post by Blazar
...?

This is indecipherable...

Also, outside of family, people don't really see my stepdad as Indian. He's just a normal dude from Yorkshire who happens to be adopted.

Either way theres a lot less of you there.
Original post by morgan8002
Education should be better and exams should be harder.

Why people are accepted with btec into unis like ucl/exeter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alumna
Actually that is something called 'coincidence'

It is also scientifically incorrect because pregnancy cannot kill you.
Just because you are in a fatal situation doesn't mean that one factors is the thing that took your life away.

Do not tell me you passed statistics or maths in school.
Coincidence is coincidence.

Did you seriously just say pregnancy can't kill? Are you actually being serious? Do you need me to list all the complications of pregnancy that can cause death?
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Hey guys,

As the title says, what is the view you hold deemed most "controversial" in this society we live in today in Britain?

I think Britain should remove speed limits where we currently have 60 or 70mph limits. Exceptions would apply to certain situations where excessive speed would be an AH thing to do.
I would also limit the number of people applying for a driving test. The roads are too full so there is no point allowing more people to drive when they wouldnt be able to get anywhere anyway. It doesnt make sense having an unlimited number of opportunities for people to drive when there is a limited amount of space for them to drive in. Government is overfilling its kettle imo.

Latest