Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your most controversial view? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickierose21)
    Yeah look you call the nonwhites immigrants...

We don't do that here. This is our country. In the uk is feel like an alien.
    First of all there are loads of immigrants who are white, such as polish immigrants.

Secondly that statement that in the USA you don't say immigrants is just a complete and utter lie.

And finally your last sentence didn't even make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I'm calling the people immigrate to our country immigrants - is that not the definition?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah but in America black people usually aren't immigrants which what I like.

ReputationRep:
    Most aspects of Egyptian culture (such as the building of the pyramids) are actually attributable to black people.Not olived skin people. Not Arabic people. Black people

ReputationRep:
    I'm black and sorry I rather have a job here then be on welfare there because they hire English people there first.
    That made zero sense. At least our policemen won't shoot you for being black, unlike they do to innocent black people over in the States, because a) our police forces aren't festering with racism and b) we actually have gun control here. (Not to trivialise the issue of police killing and harming black people in America, because I think it's a very serious issue that needs to be resolved as soon as possible.) You're also assuming that there's no such thing as someone who is black and English, which is clearly not true.

The unemployment rate for black people over 16 is 15% in the UK, compared to 29.7% in America. Your move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    First of all there are loads of immigrants who are white, such as polish immigrants.

Secondly that statement that in the USA you don't say immigrants is just a complete and utter lie.

And finally your last sentence didn't even make sense.
    Black Americans aren't usually immigrants. They were usually abducted. Our immigrants tend to be Hispanics like mexican americans which is our biggest population of immigrants.

I meant to say I'd feel like an immigrant in the uk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    Most aspects of Egyptian culture (such as the building of the pyramids) are actually attributable to black people.Not olived skin people. Not Arabic people. Black people
    Brown people.

ReputationRep:
    I meant to say I'd feel like an immigrant in the uk.
    Err... That's because you would​ be an immigrant in the UK.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Yeah but in America black people usually aren't immigrants which what I like.
    Because half of them were taken over there in the slave trade. I appreciate that you'd rather live there because it's home and no one sees black people as immigrants. However, here in the UK we don't see them as immigrants either - I mean if they've got a thick Jamaican accent and it's obvious that they weren't born here, then OK we might see them as immigrants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazar)
    That made zero sense. At least our policemen won't shoot you for being black, unlike they do to innocent black people over in the States, because a) our police forces aren't festering with racism and b) we actually have gun control here. (Not to trivialise the issue of police killing and harming black people in America, because I think it's a very serious issue that needs to be resolved as soon as possible.) You're also assuming that there's no such thing as someone who is black and English, which is clearly not true.

The unemployment rate for black people over 16 is 15% in the UK, compared to 29.7% in America. Your move.
    In vegas they shoot everybody actually
    And that more to do with region than anything.

And I like owning a gun.

ReputationRep:
    Err... That's because you would​ be an immigrant in the UK.
    No because English people are seen as white

ReputationRep:

And I like owning a gun.
    You like owning a gun, but you don't like killing foetuses...? How does that even make sense?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad

And I like owning a gun.
    Nothing says you wouldn't be able to own one here - you just have to have a licence and you can't go round waving it at people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wind turbines should be used as much as possible. In my opinion they look awesome and are a good source if electricity.
    People who smoke should have to pay for any treatment such as lung cancer treatment instead go the nhs.
    Durham university is the best univerity in the country
    All tax on food should be abolished.

ReputationRep:
    You like owning a gun, but you don't like killing foetuses...? How does that even make sense?
    Guns can be good for self defense and feeding ones self

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Nothing says you wouldn't be able to own one here - you just have to have a licence and you can't go round waving it at people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't do that here either

ReputationRep:
    No because English people are seen as white
    To Americans, maybe, but not to us. My stepdad is genetically South Asian (he's adopted and we don't know whether he's originally from India or Pakistan) and has a distinctively Asian name, but nobody sees him as "not British" because of that. He was raised in England by an Indian-British family, and everybody thinks of him as English just as much as we think of him as Asian, if not more so.

(Again, I'm using an example from personal experience because I feel that it's a good way to demonstrate my point, so please refrain from accusing me of being an egotistical megalomaniac.)

ReputationRep:
    Guns can be good for self defense and feeding ones self
    What's wrong with nipping down the corner shop and getting yourself a packet of crisps or something? Worst case scenario, you can use it as a temporary distraction to any attackers by lobbing some cheese'n'onion goodness in their general direction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paladian)
    brown people.
    did i type incorrectly?!?!?! Black people

ReputationRep:
    To Americans, maybe, but not to us. My stepdad is genetically South Asian (he's adopted and we don't know whether he's originally from India or Pakistan) and has a distinctively Asian name, but nobody sees him as "not British" because of that. He was raised in England by an Indian-British family, and everybody thinks of him as English just as much as we think of him as Asian, if not more so.

(Again, I'm using an example from personal experience because I feel that it's a good way to demonstrate my point, so please refrain from accusing me of being an egotistical megalomaniac.)
    AND asian not just english

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Blazar;54105693]What's wrong with nipping down the cor

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.