Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    I thought there was nothing left to discuss
    Well there clearly is now as someone has said the story still circulating

ReputationRep:

Doesn't have half of the things inside it that a bomb would.
    What would those things be? Circuitry; check. battery; check. Control button; check. The only thing that seems to be missing is a detonator and a lump of plastic explosive, which wouldn't be readily recognisable to the untrained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Ah I see,haven't seen the news these past few days. Whats happening now with the case?
    Ahmed is changing schools and the family has hired not one but two high profile attorneys to get the clock back.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it but I guess you have an agenda. Did you see the boy's face when they hand cuffed him?! He looked genuinely shocked. Also what parent would put their child through that?!
    Doubt what?

His dad's failed attempt at running for president of Sudan or his new career in the USA with the support of CAIR

Because people are manipulative more so polititions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Ahmed is changing schools and the family has hired not one but two high profile attorneys to get the clock back.
    It would be cheaper to buy a new clock and pencil case, wouldn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he did mention he was going to change schools. Are there family planning on taking this to court then? I didn't know things had escalated.

ReputationRep:
    Someone is after a payout$$

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PopaPork)
    Fingers crossed eh

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know things had escalated.
    Blown up out of all proportion. Ironic, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Blown up out of all proportion. Ironic, eh?
    Lame jokes yet again

ReputationRep:
    Lame jokes yet again
    The best kind.

Are you going to tell us why you think someone who takes the circuits out of a manufactured radio, puts it into a pencil case (or whatever it is) and claims to have built his own clock is a genius. Surely he's a fraud?

ReputationRep:
    It would be cheaper to buy a new clock and pencil case, wouldn't it?
    Yeah it would but I doubt it is about the clock or the money, I am guessing that the pair took the case on to join the band wagon.

Yeah he did mention he was going to change schools. Are there family planning on taking this to court then? I didn't know things had escalated.
    It wont get to court, it will be settled out of court.

(Original post by PopaPork)
    The scholarship money and donations clearly aren't enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Seriously? Tell me what a bomb should look like... (Careful you will prob go on MI5'S list)

That looks exactly like a rudimentary bomb to anyone who is yano.. not a bomb maker
    Okay...For someone who is so uneducated about what bombs look like, they damn sure were adamant to call it one.

ReputationRep:
    Okay...For someone who is so uneducated about what bombs look like, they damn sure were adamant to call it one.
    Yeah thats right, i dont know what molecules make up clouds but i know what they look like

I dont know what components make up an Aeroplane engine but i know what one looks like

What you are doing is called "reaching"

This is what happens when you take a silly position due to your own innate agenda and prejudices

ReputationRep:
    The best kind.

Are you going to tell us why you think someone who takes the circuits out of a manufactured radio, puts it into a pencil case (or whatever it is) and claims to have built his own clock is a genius. Surely he's a fraud?
    The professors at MIT want people like Ahmed for a reason. He's shown he has true talent

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats right, i dont know what molecules make up clouds but i know what they look like

I dont know what components make up an Aeroplane engine but i know what one looks like

What you are doing is called "reaching"

This is what happens when you take a silly position due to your own innate agenda and prejudices
    Horrible analogies. People are taught what clouds look like. You'd have to be retarded or blind to not know a cloud. So if you argued with someone over clouds, evaluate your life.

No one is wondering what components are in a plane when they're riding one; the inside mechanics of a plane don't have anything to do with recognising its shape.

People are accusing someone of making something which they don't even know what it looks like. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it would but I doubt it is about the clock or the money, I am guessing that the pair took the case on to join the band wagon.

It wont get to court, it will be settled out of court.

The scholarship money and donations clearly aren't enough.
    What bandwagon?!

Stop being so salty. People must be donating for a reason and why're you upset about him getting a scholarship in the near future?

ReputationRep:
    Horrible analogies. People are taught what clouds look like. You'd have to be retarded or blind to not know a cloud. So if you argued with someone over clouds, evaluate your life.

No one is wondering what components are in a plane when they're riding one; the inside mechanics of a plane don't have anything to do with recognising its shape.

People are accusing someone of making something which they don't even know what it looks like. :lol:
    People do know what it looks like. They see these types of bombs in the media and films, tv shows busted terrorist attacks and so on.

They don't however google all the components and learn exactly how it works.

"Oh geoffrey I could have sworn that was a bomb but i just realised it doesnt have a green wire to enable the detonation device. How very silly of me haw haw hawww"

Considering you think it looks like a clock, im wasting my time here. Some very strange clocks in your house

ReputationRep:
    The professors at MIT want people like Ahmed for a reason. He's shown he has true talent
    He'd be better off going to China. They regularly steal other people's intellectual property and pass it off as their own and may be glad of his guile. He hasn't established any intellectual prowess or skills by doing what he has done.

ReputationRep:
    People do know what it looks like. They see these types of bombs in the media and films, tv shows busted terrorist attacks and so on.
    I never said it looks like a clock! I've been emphasising that it looks like scraps the whole time. I did say it's not a bomb. Just googling can have prevented this.

And NOW they know what bombs looks like when this whole time you were excusing their mistake because they don't know what bombs look like since they don't make them?

:hmmm:
    Now who's reaching, dear?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.