Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    If this was the 1st time you applied and you really were set on medicine, would really recommend taking a year out and getting a job as a health care assistant and applying again! I know how demoralising it can be hence me applying as a grad now having been rejected as an undergrad, and now I've got 2 interviews (fingers crossed for an offer). So if you really do have your heart set on it don't let med school rejection put you off (also you may think completely differently in a couple of weeks when you've had time for it to set in)
    Yeah I'll have a think about it I just don't want to do it again for the same outcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    Yeah I'll have a think about it I just don't want to do it again for the same outcome
    Completely get you

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I haven't been selected for interview. My degree doesn't have enough chemistry content in and I'm gutted as I turned down a job for this. I can't believe after all this waiting it's a rejection 😔
    I'm so so sorry about your rejection, it's crap I know I was rejected last year and I was depressed for like a week. But trust me if you really want it, think about your likeliness of getting an interview/offer next year if you reapplied. I get that it's a year, but I assume you're still young but once you get it, all the waiting and the rejections will be long forgotten. It's a daunting process and it drains you, so you can be upset, but please don't think it's the end of the road! Try and see a positive side, and I really hope you consider reapplying, you can become a great doctor!

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I haven't been selected for interview. My degree doesn't have enough chemistry content in and I'm gutted as I turned down a job for this. I can't believe after all this waiting it's a rejection 😔
    I'm so sorry! I checked this thread to see if you'd got good news. Don't give up on the dream, it took me 3 attempts and 5 years to get in. Maybe try he gamsat for grad entry and then for undergrad entry they can see you know chemistry? I am sorry they've kept you waiting so long for bad news and I really feel for you. If you want any advice drop me a message.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    URGENT QUESTION: Do we bring the original gcse certificate or copy? (for the interview)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    I'm so sorry! I checked this thread to see if you'd got good news. Don't give up on the dream, it took me 3 attempts and 5 years to get in. Maybe try he gamsat for grad entry and then for undergrad entry they can see you know chemistry? I am sorry they've kept you waiting so long for bad news and I really feel for you. If you want any advice drop me a message.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you it's not so much the rejection, but how long they took to tell me this that bothers me. My degree transcripts were sent in November and I wasn't told until yesterday that the chemistry content wasn't enough and now I have no other options and I'm stuck. Had they told me sooner I could have accepted the job I was offered and at least have a good employment option. I don't want to carry on now though because I can't take this for another year I think I'll move into a different field of work but best of luck to any of you that have been offered an interview, I hope you get in!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you it's not so much the rejection, but how long they took to tell me this that bothers me. My degree transcripts were sent in November and I wasn't told until yesterday that the chemistry content wasn't enough and now I have no other options and I'm stuck. Had they told me sooner I could have accepted the job I was offered and at least have a good employment option. I don't want to carry on now though because I can't take this for another year I think I'll move into a different field of work but best of luck to any of you that have been offered an interview, I hope you get in!
    I am so so sorry Charlotte, I feel really gutted for you you are correct. It has been a long time. I would suggest you don't make any quick decisions now and re-think in a few weeks. I know how you feel about rejecting that job but TRUST me everything happens for a reason. One day you will look back and think it was for the best.
    Good luck in whatever you decide to do. I know you'll succeed
    Lots of love x

ReputationRep:
    Do they have your R+R form during your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosepetals12)
    URGENT QUESTION: Do we bring the original gcse certificate or copy? (for the interview)
    Bring in your originals and they will take it and make a copy. Returning your originals back.

ReputationRep:
    are the practice maths question easier or harder than the real thing. can someone please reply

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on the MMI stations? This is my last chance of getting into Medicine, and I really want to do well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by academia123)
    Any tips on the MMI stations? This is my last chance of getting into Medicine, and I really want to do well!
    when is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Are the stations like where they give you a scenario and see what you would do for each one? Or is there another format? Do they ever just ask you normal questions like Why do you want to study medicine?

ReputationRep:
    To help applicants understand the requirements and prepare for interview we have published a set of questions below which require the same level of problem-solving to the questions used on the day of the interview. However these questions are based around problems experienced in everyday life, whereas the questions on the interview day will all be related to clinical scenarios, although no clinical knowledge is required to answer the questions.

I assume it will be a little bit harder but should be on a similar level to the practice ones...probably best for someone who's has done it to say though for sure though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M0123)
    when is your interview?
    17th March

ReputationRep:
    It must feel really raw at the minute and I do think it is very unfair they left it so late to tell you. Let it settle and rethink in a week or so or even longer. Maybe query why the chemistry wasn't enough so you know for yourself. If you do apply again it may be worth asking unis before hand if there is enough Chem in your degree. Don't give up on a dream of its what you really what. Obviously do what's best for you at the same time. I have big admiration for anyone applying to medicine and especially graduates who do it more than once! Hope you're ok though 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _minasan)
    I've said this before but (assuming they use the same test) I found the maths test fine
    it was easier than the practice test (which i found difficult and wasn't even able to complete properly)
    Really,don't worry about it - all I did for practice was the test on the website and I feel like I did okay, I only missed one qs out

I'm usually terrible at these kind of maths problems but it was okay!
    thank you the practice ones are fairly hard

ReputationRep:
    Worrying a bit as I dont have all my GCSE results on my certificate , got everything else bar proof of my maths GCSE, is this gonna be a major problem does anyone know ?

ReputationRep:
    for people who have done the interview, is the role play in groups or one to one. i hope one of you can answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M0123)
    for people who have done the interview, is the role play in groups or one to one. i hope one of you can answer
    When is your interview?
    I haven't done mine yet, but I have a thorough and trustworthy knowledge that you do all the stations on your own, but there will be actors in the stations for you to role play with, there will usually be at least 2 people in each station to assess you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.