The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UniAdmissions
Hi janewrightxo

Firstly try not to stress yourself out about it.

As you have pointed out, you have improved which I am sure is thanks to your prep over the summer so my advice is to keep practising and I'm sure you will continue to see improvements.

Make sure that you are using the best resources available. You could also consider taking a course which will teach you time saving techniques, but this will cost you money. Do give me a shout if you are interested in finding out more about this sort of thing.

Otherwise, set aside a few hours each day to work on your UKCAT in the weeks leading up to your test date so that you walk in feeling confident and prepared on the day.

Hope that is of use!
UniAdmissions

Thank you! I would personally like to avoid spending too much money but I have been doing a mock exam per day so hopefully this will pay off. I am grateful for your advice!
Original post by ronnydandam
thank you gogreggadon I will do, I'm just a bit worried that I'm doing everything wrong

There's no wrong or right. You just have to try what suits you and give it a go. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mliela
There's no wrong or right. You just have to try what suits you and give it a go. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you! you too
Original post by zak7399
Thank you very much.

You're very welcome.

Do let me know if there is anything else we can help with.

UniAdmissions
Original post by janewrightxo
Thank you! I would personally like to avoid spending too much money but I have been doing a mock exam per day so hopefully this will pay off. I am grateful for your advice!

You're very welcome.

All the best with it all!

UniAdmissions
Original post by medstudent1010
It was 680 :smile:

how can you get 680? did you do like 6 as levels? (not really sure how tariffs are scored)
Hi,
I am really struggling with VR because of the timing. Do you guys have any useful strategy how to tackle the questions? I don't know if I should read the passage first and try to understand it or only look for keywords. Unfortunately I am a really slow reader and there is not much I can do about it since English is not my first language and skim-reading with good comprehension is very difficult to me :frown:
Please help :frown:
Original post by noslomai
Hi,
I am really struggling with VR because of the timing. Do you guys have any useful strategy how to tackle the questions? I don't know if I should read the passage first and try to understand it or only look for keywords. Unfortunately I am a really slow reader and there is not much I can do about it since English is not my first language and skim-reading with good comprehension is very difficult to me :frown:
Please help :frown:

Keywords are key.
On the ucas website, it says an A* is 56 points. Why are some people saying its 140?
Original post by The person
On the ucas website, it says an A* is 56 points. Why are some people saying its 140?

You'll find your answer here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCAS_Tariff

Things have changed. 56 is the new 140
Do you get a whiteboard for workings during the test? (I've read that you do but I've never heard people talking about this and weirdly enough I had a dream that I didn't and starting freaking out lollll)
Original post by Uni12345678
Do you get a whiteboard for workings during the test? (I've read that you do but I've never heard people talking about this and weirdly enough I had a dream that I didn't and starting freaking out lollll)

Yes you do. It's useful to keep track of intermerdiary calcs as the calculator does not have a memory function
(edited 7 years ago)

The whole tarrif system has changed for students finishing year thirteen in 2017.

Posted from TSR Mobile
how can you get 680? did you do like 6 as levels? (not really sure how tariffs are scored)

I did 5 A levels and was predicted 4A*'s and 1 A,are you thinking of applying to barts?
Original post by medstudent1010
I did 5 A levels and was predicted 4A*'s and 1 A,are you thinking of applying to barts?

I never really considered it. I don't want to live in London so I might not apply. However, if I have a REALLY good chance of getting in. Then its different.
Original post by ah639
Two enclosed black spaces
Set B has three

Set B always ahs 3 black shapes. Set A has only 2
Original post by Mariamjaan
Hey
Can anyone help me please? I have made account for the Ukcat but by mistake I made in US English but I need Uk English. And now I am booking the test but it is will be in us. Do you know how change?

Thanks

Hi,
I am in the exact same situation as you and I emailed Pearson for help, they replied with this email:
image.jpeg
Seems like there's nothing to worry about!
Reply 1237
Since when is the US English the "standard" :biggrin:
Original post by dr_2b
Since when is the US English the "standard" :biggrin:

Hahaha I know 🙄
2 weeks until my UKCAT test date...
I've worked pretty much through the 600 questions book and a Kaplan study book and attempted my first official UKCAT mock today and go extremely low scores :frown:

Anyone have some advice on especially abstract and quantitative reasoning? Is 2 weeks too late to fix everything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending