Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
  • View Poll Results: How did you find the BMAT?
    Both sections were fine!
    22.22%
    Both sections were impossible!
    3.47%
    Section 1 was fine, section 2 was harder
    12.50%
    Section 1 was a killer, section 2 was okay
    28.47%
    I'm doomed
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koreankid)
    I got a reply the following friday at 4:10pm! You have ages to hear back from them yet, good luck!
    Congrats! And thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plsgivemeanoffer)
    that sucks, I know how it feels. Do you have any feeling about what it was that caused them to reject you?

P.S hope you get an offer somewhere else, good luck!
    I don't know at all why i got a rejection i thought it went fairly well and all the questions they asked i answered to a good standard, they even asked me some science question and i got that right.
    Thanks, you too
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    Sorry to hear that, when was your interview? Hope you get an offer somewhere else
    Mine was early feb, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koreankid)
    I got a reply the following friday at 4:10pm! You have ages to hear back from them yet, good luck!
    Wow - so you heard back within two days?

ReputationRep:
    Does UCL look at BMAT post-interview? Or are offers/rejections based on interview performance alone?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, not sure if you can answer this, but if you can - great.

Do the interviewers ask specific science questions or is it like a conversation where they base their questions on what you say - so if you mention something to do with science then they can ask you a question on what you said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all that got offers !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmed2016)
    Wow - so you heard back within two days?
    I heard back the next fri!! So 9 days later. There were some who heard back on thursday following a tuesday interview (2 days) so it is completely random!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medprospects)

Do the interviewers ask specific science questions or is it like a conversation where they base their questions on what you say - so if you mention something to do with science then they can ask you a question on what you said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got asked a really really random question on a health condition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmed2016)
    Does UCL look at BMAT post-interview? Or are offers/rejections based on interview performance alone?
    Based on interview performance only

ReputationRep:
    I think all of us without an interview will 100% be rejected if we don't hear back by Friday. I wish UCL would stop stringing us along each day

ReputationRep:
    Just spoke to admissions and yes, all interviews have been given out so anyone waiting, we're all rejected

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's can be either/both. Depends who the interviewers are on your panel and what kind of mood they are in.

ReputationRep:
    after interviews on a certain day do they do offers then rejections or is it random?

ReputationRep:
    after interviews on a certain day do they do offers then rejections or is it random?
    how was it? (:

ReputationRep:
    how was it? (:
    its tommorrow afternoon. I'm bricking it, this is my last chance and it seems like you can get asked a larger variety of questions compared to other unis. Not really feeling that confident

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what effect if any leaving the EU would have on the NHS?

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what effect if any leaving the EU would have on the NHS?
    Hey, I know this may not sound helpful but the best thing to do is just be as calm as possible and be yourself. There isn't too much point trying to prepare for every kind of question cos it varies so much and those kind of questions you won't be expected to know a definitive answer anyway. They'd just want to make sure you're aware of relevant issues and can think and formulate an opinion. So I know it's really hard but try and relax the night before now, I'm sure you've prepared well and stressing won't help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megafidget)
    Hey, I know this may not sound helpful but the best thing to do is just be as calm as possible and be yourself. There isn't too much point trying to prepare for every kind of question cos it varies so much and those kind of questions you won't be expected to know a definitive answer anyway. They'd just want to make sure you're aware of relevant issues and can think and formulate an opinion. So I know it's really hard but try and relax the night before now, I'm sure you've prepared well and stressing won't help
    any major relevant issues i should know about other than new contract, outbreaks like zika and ebola, waiting times on nhs, aged population...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megafidget)
    Hey, have you received your offer letter in the post yet?

ReputationRep:
    any major relevant issues i should know about other than new contract, outbreaks like zika and ebola, waiting times on nhs, aged population...?
    Honestly you're fine! If you're yourself and not a robot trying to regurgitate things, you'll be fine, best of luck for tomorrow .

(Original post by Funky_Giraffe)
    Hey, have you received your offer letter in the post yet?
    I have yeh , that was a nice touch by them, have you got yours aswell?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.