Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonandstars)
    well strangely enough I spoke to someone else who was an external candidate and she told me that she was given provisional marks for both! So I've emailed the college I submitted mine to and asked for some
    I hope you manage to get some. It's kind of unpleasant to not have any idea at all, even if it is only for a little while until results day. I had to sign up with a distance learning provider in order to get my coursework moderated. I don't think the tutors are allowed to give provisional marks though, because all mine would say is "It meets the mark scheme as far as I can see". Which could mean anything from meeting the top criteria to meeting the bottom criteria lol

I will wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSheeple)
    No...I did AS and A2 in one go, so I don't know the results for either piece of coursework. Or AS exams. I'm also an external candidate, so I don't have a teacher to give me a rough mark for it...It's driving me nuts actually.
    Im an external candidate too! Go us! I know what you mean about going nuts, Good luck

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer for the nitrogen one?

ReputationRep:
    i wrote denitrifying bacteria releases enzymes that convert nitrogen into ammonia, then to nitrate ions. Then i wrote that nitrogen becomes reduced.

ReputationRep:
    I am ial student, just did the paper ytd. Do you think whether I can write 'no' ions enter neurones due to inhibition or blocking of channel protein instead of 'less' ions?

ReputationRep:
    do you guys know the result of your coursework?
    No one will until results day, unless your teachers marked it, told you and it is not being moderated.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the actin filament does shorten??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    I'm pretty sure the actin filament does shorten??
    None of the myofibrils actually shorten, they just slide over one another which shortens the sarcomere. H zone and I band are the specific bits of sarcomere that shorten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleyeyes)
    None of the myofibrils actually shorten, they just slide over one another which shortens the sarcomere. H zone and I band are the specific bits that shorten.
    Oh okay but isn't the I band made up of actin filaments?? I was so torn between putting the actin filaments or the H zones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Oh okay but isn't the I band made up of actin filaments?? I was so torn between putting the actin filaments or the H zones.
    Just move and hope for the best, thinking about the exam and what you could and should've done won't help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoldtheDoor)
    Just move and hope for the best, thinking about the exam and what you could and should've done won't help.
    Yeah you're right!!

ReputationRep:
    Bump - predictions on grade boundaries for this and unit 4? Similar to last year?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly my thoughts plus the RER wasn't this zoomed in and so it was not clear. Also the way it was printed was messed up.Having said that I don't feel its people's fault who did jan 2014 ial paper coz it can just be a coincidence as our teacher clearly asked us to try the international ones coz they share almost all of our spec.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone let me know about retaking please ?!

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys seen that the grade boundaries are out Name:  image.png
Views: 257
Size:  141.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys seen that the grade boundaries are out Name:  image.png
Views: 257
Size:  141.7 KB
    Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    Either we've all done real bad or they feel sorry for giving us a horrible Unit 4 paper. Maybe both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priceyyy27)
    Can anyone let me know about retaking please ?!
    what do you want to know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rory58824)
    Either we've all done real bad or they feel sorry for giving us a horrible Unit 4 paper. Maybe both
    Would say both was an awful paper. Wanted boundaries even lower though but was pleased they were lowered quite a bit. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraceyE)
    Would say both was an awful paper. Wanted boundaries even lower though but was pleased they were lowered quite a bit. Good luck
    Best of luck to you too & I hope you get the grades you need!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 11, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.