My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

UPDATE FOR 29/03/16

I've had a really good birthday and I also managed some revision too:

History - 10 mark question on Supreme Courts

History - Practice exam on Vietnam

German writing

Half of page of Life In water notes

P4 revision: Half life, radiation, static electricity, circuits, resistance, voltage

Physics - Transformers and electronics calculations

Happy Birthday!!!!

Wow, you managed to get a lot done today.
Original post by the-future-medic
Happy Birthday!!!!

Wow, you managed to get a lot done today.

Thank you very much :smile:
Hiii! I just wanted to say that I've been reading this blog (managed 11 pages so far - mostly just reading your tips and skimming everything else) and I must say I'm impressed! :awesome:

You're doing so well, especially considering this is only GCSE's. I can't believe I'm not even doing a fraction of the work you're doing and I'm doing AS Levels and doing way worse than you! Yikes! For my GCSE's, I on started revising 2 weeks before the exams and just copied all my notes out and it worked but it won't work for AS.

May i ask how you manage to fit in 2-3 hours on a school night? Do you not get homework, or not have to do chores or do you work in all your lunches or what?

I wish you the very best of luck in all your GCSE's and hope you get the results you want!

Sorry about rambling so much - I talk too much :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1224
Hi, I've been reading the thread because I also have GCSEs this summer. I've been putting some work in, but I'm finding motivation really hard! Good luck everyone.
Original post by brainzistheword
In terms of hours, I do anything between 3-6 depending on school and other commitments (but that is with breaks and well-spread out).

In terms of techniques, for a subject like science I will make flashcards and mindmaps. I also use past paper and then make notes on the topics I struggle with. For English I make character profiles and do past papers. For maths I just do as many past papers as I can find. For other subjects I do past papers, use textbooks to make notes and use flashcards to constantly test myself :smile:

how do you mark your English past papers?

hope you had a brilliant birthday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
Hiii! I just wanted to say that I've been reading this blog (managed 11 pages so far - mostly just reading your tips and skimming everything else) and I must say I'm impressed! :awesome:

You're doing so well, especially considering this is only GCSE's. I can't believe I'm not even doing a fraction of the work you're doing and I'm doing AS Levels and doing way worse than you! Yikes! For my GCSE's, I on started revising 2 weeks before the exams and just copied all my notes out and it worked but it won't work for AS.

May i ask how you manage to fit in 2-3 hours on a school night? Do you not get homework, or not have to do chores or do you work in all your lunches or what?

I wish you the very best of luck in all your GCSE's and hope you get the results you want!

Sorry about rambling so much - I talk too much :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for you reading my blog and I'm impressed you've gotten to page 11! This thread is soooo long :smile: (Page 19-20 might have some useful revision tips)

I manage to do 2-3 hours because firstly, you're right, I don't do the chores and secondly, I work through my lunches and break times :smile:
What AS levels have you chosen to do?

I wish you the best too, with all your AS exams :smile:

Original post by JRC65
Hi, I've been reading the thread because I also have GCSEs this summer. I've been putting some work in, but I'm finding motivation really hard! Good luck everyone.

Hi there, thanks for reading my blog - Good luck for your GCSEs

For motivation, just remember why you are doing all this, and also, when you do get a sudden burst of motivation to study - make the most of it because you may be surprised :smile:

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
how do you mark your English past papers?

hope you had a brilliant birthday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Normally I would take them in to school and get a teacher to do it - I use past papers more as a way to make sure I go over content rather than look at the way I write :smile:

And thank you I have :smile:
Yeah I completely understand - and I am in the process of really considering it all.

And I ain't doing it because of the university, I just genuinely wanted to see if I could do it and I am interested in the subjects anyways :smile:

That's good, you revise a lot anyway and you're super-motivated, so - I don't see why not.
Good luck :smile:
Thanks for you reading my blog and I'm impressed you've gotten to page 11! This thread is soooo long :smile: (Page 19-20 might have some useful revision tips)

I manage to do 2-3 hours because firstly, you're right, I don't do the chores and secondly, I work through my lunches and break times :smile:
What AS levels have you chosen to do?

I wish you the best too, with all your AS exams :smile:

Haha, thanks, I'm on page 18 now! :biggrin: and I know, there's like 124 pages now but I'm reading this thread when I usually have nothing else to do like when I'm on the bus or waiting for class or whatever.

OHHHH, I see, no wonder you can squeeze in 3 hours a night.

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History (so 2 are the same as the ones you want to take :biggrin:)

Thanks! I'll need it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
today I am going to Essex to stay with step family. my aims in terms of work today are as follows:
•complete the 'what is law' book.
•finish off writing the structure paragraph for the second essay in my coursework.
•plan the third essay in the coursework.

if i write down my aims then hopefully i will have enough motivation to carry them through!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I know you might not, but could you put on the thread or pm me the link to you flashcards. I really dont mind if you don't, but help a bro out. If anybody wants human geog notes i will give them. Got 96% in mock in school, which was last years paper.
UPDATE FOR 29/03/16
I've had a really good birthday and I also managed some revision too:

History - 10 mark question on Supreme Courts

History - Practice exam on Vietnam

German writing

Half of page of Life In water notes

P4 revision: Half life, radiation, static electricity, circuits, resistance, voltage

Physics - Transformers and electronics calculations

Wow you've done a lot and on your birthday as well. Well done. Keep up the hard work :smile: :biggrin:
What book do you use to revise for Science, or what resources do you use?
Original post by Chittesh14
That's good, you revise a lot anyway and you're super-motivated, so - I don't see why not.
Good luck :smile:

Thank you and good luck to you too :smile:

Original post by nomophobia
Haha, thanks, I'm on page 18 now! :biggrin: and I know, there's like 124 pages now but I'm reading this thread when I usually have nothing else to do like when I'm on the bus or waiting for class or whatever.

OHHHH, I see, no wonder you can squeeze in 3 hours a night.

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History (so 2 are the same as the ones you want to take :biggrin:)

Thanks! I'll need it!

Wow you must be powering through these pages -glad it is useful though :smile:

And nice choice of A-levels, much more varied than mine :smile:

Original post by RugbySid
I know you might not, but could you put on the thread or pm me the link to you flashcards. I really dont mind if you don't, but help a bro out. If anybody wants human geog notes i will give them. Got 96% in mock in school, which was last years paper.

Sure are there any particular topics/subjects? Or would you like them all? :smile:

Original post by nisha.sri
Wow you've done a lot and on your birthday as well. Well done. Keep up the hard work :smile: :biggrin:

Thank you - I hope you are enjoying your Easter break :smile:
What book do you use to revise for Science, or what resources do you use?

I use CGP guides but I also bought the Letts guides which are not exam board specific :smile:
I use CGP guides but I also bought the Letts guides which are not exam board specific :smile:

I thought they were rubbish... :O
I thought they were rubbish... :O

The CGP ones? Yeah I don't particularly like them but I basically take the main ideas I know will be on the exams and read more info on them using the internet :smile:
The CGP ones? Yeah I don't particularly like them but I basically take the main oideas I know will be on the exams and read more info on them using the internet :smile:

They're actually quite good but that is dependant on your examining board.
The CGP ones? Yeah I don't particularly like them but I basically take the main ideas I know will be on the exams and read more info on them using the internet :smile:

Nice :P.
Were given board specific OCR and OCR cgp books for science. The cgp news condense the information. That's why everyone uses them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending