Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mac117)
    5 past papers is amazing man! I need to move onto past papers tomorrow, since today I have only been doing "dry" revision - nonetheless not bad

Btw, I started documenting my revision just like you asked there's a thread in the gcse section
    Thank you x Great I will check it out
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    UPDATE FOR 29/03/16
    I've had a really good birthday and I also managed some revision too:
    • History - 10 mark question on Supreme Courts
    • History - Practice exam on Vietnam
    • German writing
    • Half of page of Life In water notes
    • P4 revision: Half life, radiation, static electricity, circuits, resistance, voltage
    • Physics - Transformers and electronics calculations

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday!!!!

Wow, you managed to get a lot done today.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by the-future-medic)
    Happy Birthday!!!!

Wow, you managed to get a lot done today.
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Hiii! I just wanted to say that I've been reading this blog (managed 11 pages so far - mostly just reading your tips and skimming everything else) and I must say I'm impressed! :awesome:

You're doing so well, especially considering this is only GCSE's. I can't believe I'm not even doing a fraction of the work you're doing and I'm doing AS Levels and doing way worse than you! Yikes! For my GCSE's, I on started revising 2 weeks before the exams and just copied all my notes out and it worked but it won't work for AS.

May i ask how you manage to fit in 2-3 hours on a school night? Do you not get homework, or not have to do chores or do you work in all your lunches or what?

I wish you the very best of luck in all your GCSE's and hope you get the results you want!

Sorry about rambling so much - I talk too much
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been reading the thread because I also have GCSEs this summer. I've been putting some work in, but I'm finding motivation really hard! Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    In terms of hours, I do anything between 3-6 depending on school and other commitments (but that is with breaks and well-spread out).

In terms of techniques, for a subject like science I will make flashcards and mindmaps. I also use past paper and then make notes on the topics I struggle with. For English I make character profiles and do past papers. For maths I just do as many past papers as I can find. For other subjects I do past papers, use textbooks to make notes and use flashcards to constantly test myself
    how do you mark your English past papers?

hope you had a brilliant birthday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Hiii! I just wanted to say that I've been reading this blog (managed 11 pages so far - mostly just reading your tips and skimming everything else) and I must say I'm impressed! :awesome:

You're doing so well, especially considering this is only GCSE's. I can't believe I'm not even doing a fraction of the work you're doing and I'm doing AS Levels and doing way worse than you! Yikes! For my GCSE's, I on started revising 2 weeks before the exams and just copied all my notes out and it worked but it won't work for AS.

May i ask how you manage to fit in 2-3 hours on a school night? Do you not get homework, or not have to do chores or do you work in all your lunches or what?

I wish you the very best of luck in all your GCSE's and hope you get the results you want!

Sorry about rambling so much - I talk too much
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for you reading my blog and I'm impressed you've gotten to page 11! This thread is soooo long (Page 19-20 might have some useful revision tips)

I manage to do 2-3 hours because firstly, you're right, I don't do the chores and secondly, I work through my lunches and break times
    What AS levels have you chosen to do?

I wish you the best too, with all your AS exams

(Original post by JRC65)
    Hi, I've been reading the thread because I also have GCSEs this summer. I've been putting some work in, but I'm finding motivation really hard! Good luck everyone.
    Hi there, thanks for reading my blog - Good luck for your GCSEs

For motivation, just remember why you are doing all this, and also, when you do get a sudden burst of motivation to study - make the most of it because you may be surprised

(Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    how do you mark your English past papers?

hope you had a brilliant birthday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Normally I would take them in to school and get a teacher to do it - I use past papers more as a way to make sure I go over content rather than look at the way I write

And thank you I have

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I completely understand - and I am in the process of really considering it all.

And I ain't doing it because of the university, I just genuinely wanted to see if I could do it and I am interested in the subjects anyways
    That's good, you revise a lot anyway and you're super-motivated, so - I don't see why not.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for you reading my blog and I'm impressed you've gotten to page 11! This thread is soooo long (Page 19-20 might have some useful revision tips)

I manage to do 2-3 hours because firstly, you're right, I don't do the chores and secondly, I work through my lunches and break times
    What AS levels have you chosen to do?

I wish you the best too, with all your AS exams
    Haha, thanks, I'm on page 18 now! and I know, there's like 124 pages now but I'm reading this thread when I usually have nothing else to do like when I'm on the bus or waiting for class or whatever.

OHHHH, I see, no wonder you can squeeze in 3 hours a night.

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History (so 2 are the same as the ones you want to take )

Thanks! I'll need it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    today I am going to Essex to stay with step family. my aims in terms of work today are as follows:
    •complete the 'what is law' book.
    •finish off writing the structure paragraph for the second essay in my coursework.
    •plan the third essay in the coursework.

if i write down my aims then hopefully i will have enough motivation to carry them through!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know you might not, but could you put on the thread or pm me the link to you flashcards. I really dont mind if you don't, but help a bro out. If anybody wants human geog notes i will give them. Got 96% in mock in school, which was last years paper.

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 29/03/16
    I've had a really good birthday and I also managed some revision too:
    • History - 10 mark question on Supreme Courts
    • History - Practice exam on Vietnam
    • German writing
    • Half of page of Life In water notes
    • P4 revision: Half life, radiation, static electricity, circuits, resistance, voltage
    • Physics - Transformers and electronics calculations

Wow you've done a lot and on your birthday as well. Well done. Keep up the hard work

ReputationRep:
    What book do you use to revise for Science, or what resources do you use?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    That's good, you revise a lot anyway and you're super-motivated, so - I don't see why not.
    Good luck
    Thank you and good luck to you too

(Original post by nomophobia)
    Haha, thanks, I'm on page 18 now! and I know, there's like 124 pages now but I'm reading this thread when I usually have nothing else to do like when I'm on the bus or waiting for class or whatever.

OHHHH, I see, no wonder you can squeeze in 3 hours a night.

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History (so 2 are the same as the ones you want to take )

Thanks! I'll need it!
    Wow you must be powering through these pages -glad it is useful though

And nice choice of A-levels, much more varied than mine

(Original post by RugbySid)
    I know you might not, but could you put on the thread or pm me the link to you flashcards. I really dont mind if you don't, but help a bro out. If anybody wants human geog notes i will give them. Got 96% in mock in school, which was last years paper.
    Sure are there any particular topics/subjects? Or would you like them all?

(Original post by nisha.sri)
    Wow you've done a lot and on your birthday as well. Well done. Keep up the hard work
    Thank you - I hope you are enjoying your Easter break
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    What book do you use to revise for Science, or what resources do you use?
    I use CGP guides but I also bought the Letts guides which are not exam board specific

ReputationRep:
    I use CGP guides but I also bought the Letts guides which are not exam board specific
    I thought they were rubbish... :O
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I thought they were rubbish... :O
    The CGP ones? Yeah I don't particularly like them but I basically take the main ideas I know will be on the exams and read more info on them using the internet

ReputationRep:
    The CGP ones? Yeah I don't particularly like them but I basically take the main oideas I know will be on the exams and read more info on them using the internet
    They're actually quite good but that is dependant on your examining board.

ReputationRep:
    The CGP ones? Yeah I don't particularly like them but I basically take the main ideas I know will be on the exams and read more info on them using the internet
    Nice :P.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.