TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    UPDATE FOR 29/03/16
    I've had a really good birthday and I also managed some revision too:
    • History - 10 mark question on Supreme Courts
    • History - Practice exam on Vietnam
    • German writing
    • Half of page of Life In water notes
    • P4 revision: Half life, radiation, static electricity, circuits, resistance, voltage
    • Physics - Transformers and electronics calculations

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday!!!!

Wow, you managed to get a lot done today.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by the-future-medic)
    Happy Birthday!!!!

Wow, you managed to get a lot done today.
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Hiii! I just wanted to say that I've been reading this blog (managed 11 pages so far - mostly just reading your tips and skimming everything else) and I must say I'm impressed! :awesome:

You're doing so well, especially considering this is only GCSE's. I can't believe I'm not even doing a fraction of the work you're doing and I'm doing AS Levels and doing way worse than you! Yikes! For my GCSE's, I on started revising 2 weeks before the exams and just copied all my notes out and it worked but it won't work for AS.

May i ask how you manage to fit in 2-3 hours on a school night? Do you not get homework, or not have to do chores or do you work in all your lunches or what?

I wish you the very best of luck in all your GCSE's and hope you get the results you want!

Sorry about rambling so much - I talk too much
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been reading the thread because I also have GCSEs this summer. I've been putting some work in, but I'm finding motivation really hard! Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    In terms of hours, I do anything between 3-6 depending on school and other commitments (but that is with breaks and well-spread out).

In terms of techniques, for a subject like science I will make flashcards and mindmaps. I also use past paper and then make notes on the topics I struggle with. For English I make character profiles and do past papers. For maths I just do as many past papers as I can find. For other subjects I do past papers, use textbooks to make notes and use flashcards to constantly test myself
    how do you mark your English past papers?

hope you had a brilliant birthday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Hiii! I just wanted to say that I've been reading this blog (managed 11 pages so far - mostly just reading your tips and skimming everything else) and I must say I'm impressed! :awesome:

You're doing so well, especially considering this is only GCSE's. I can't believe I'm not even doing a fraction of the work you're doing and I'm doing AS Levels and doing way worse than you! Yikes! For my GCSE's, I on started revising 2 weeks before the exams and just copied all my notes out and it worked but it won't work for AS.

May i ask how you manage to fit in 2-3 hours on a school night? Do you not get homework, or not have to do chores or do you work in all your lunches or what?

I wish you the very best of luck in all your GCSE's and hope you get the results you want!

Sorry about rambling so much - I talk too much
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for you reading my blog and I'm impressed you've gotten to page 11! This thread is soooo long (Page 19-20 might have some useful revision tips)

I manage to do 2-3 hours because firstly, you're right, I don't do the chores and secondly, I work through my lunches and break times
    What AS levels have you chosen to do?

I wish you the best too, with all your AS exams

(Original post by JRC65)
    Hi, I've been reading the thread because I also have GCSEs this summer. I've been putting some work in, but I'm finding motivation really hard! Good luck everyone.
    Hi there, thanks for reading my blog - Good luck for your GCSEs

For motivation, just remember why you are doing all this, and also, when you do get a sudden burst of motivation to study - make the most of it because you may be surprised

(Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    how do you mark your English past papers?

hope you had a brilliant birthday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Normally I would take them in to school and get a teacher to do it - I use past papers more as a way to make sure I go over content rather than look at the way I write

And thank you I have

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I completely understand - and I am in the process of really considering it all.

And I ain't doing it because of the university, I just genuinely wanted to see if I could do it and I am interested in the subjects anyways
    That's good, you revise a lot anyway and you're super-motivated, so - I don't see why not.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for you reading my blog and I'm impressed you've gotten to page 11! This thread is soooo long (Page 19-20 might have some useful revision tips)

I manage to do 2-3 hours because firstly, you're right, I don't do the chores and secondly, I work through my lunches and break times
    What AS levels have you chosen to do?

I wish you the best too, with all your AS exams
    Haha, thanks, I'm on page 18 now! and I know, there's like 124 pages now but I'm reading this thread when I usually have nothing else to do like when I'm on the bus or waiting for class or whatever.

OHHHH, I see, no wonder you can squeeze in 3 hours a night.

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History (so 2 are the same as the ones you want to take )

Thanks! I'll need it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    today I am going to Essex to stay with step family. my aims in terms of work today are as follows:
    •complete the 'what is law' book.
    •finish off writing the structure paragraph for the second essay in my coursework.
    •plan the third essay in the coursework.

if i write down my aims then hopefully i will have enough motivation to carry them through!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know you might not, but could you put on the thread or pm me the link to you flashcards. I really dont mind if you don't, but help a bro out. If anybody wants human geog notes i will give them. Got 96% in mock in school, which was last years paper.

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 29/03/16
    I've had a really good birthday and I also managed some revision too:
    • History - 10 mark question on Supreme Courts
    • History - Practice exam on Vietnam
    • German writing
    • Half of page of Life In water notes
    • P4 revision: Half life, radiation, static electricity, circuits, resistance, voltage
    • Physics - Transformers and electronics calculations

Wow you've done a lot and on your birthday as well. Well done. Keep up the hard work

ReputationRep:
    What book do you use to revise for Science, or what resources do you use?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    That's good, you revise a lot anyway and you're super-motivated, so - I don't see why not.
    Good luck
    Thank you and good luck to you too

(Original post by nomophobia)
    Haha, thanks, I'm on page 18 now! and I know, there's like 124 pages now but I'm reading this thread when I usually have nothing else to do like when I'm on the bus or waiting for class or whatever.

OHHHH, I see, no wonder you can squeeze in 3 hours a night.

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History (so 2 are the same as the ones you want to take )

Thanks! I'll need it!
    Wow you must be powering through these pages -glad it is useful though

And nice choice of A-levels, much more varied than mine

(Original post by RugbySid)
    I know you might not, but could you put on the thread or pm me the link to you flashcards. I really dont mind if you don't, but help a bro out. If anybody wants human geog notes i will give them. Got 96% in mock in school, which was last years paper.
    Sure are there any particular topics/subjects? Or would you like them all?

(Original post by nisha.sri)
    Wow you've done a lot and on your birthday as well. Well done. Keep up the hard work
    Thank you - I hope you are enjoying your Easter break
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    What book do you use to revise for Science, or what resources do you use?
    I use CGP guides but I also bought the Letts guides which are not exam board specific

ReputationRep:
    I use CGP guides but I also bought the Letts guides which are not exam board specific
    I thought they were rubbish... :O
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I thought they were rubbish... :O
    The CGP ones? Yeah I don't particularly like them but I basically take the main ideas I know will be on the exams and read more info on them using the internet

ReputationRep:
    The CGP ones? Yeah I don't particularly like them but I basically take the main oideas I know will be on the exams and read more info on them using the internet
    They're actually quite good but that is dependant on your examining board.

ReputationRep:
    The CGP ones? Yeah I don't particularly like them but I basically take the main ideas I know will be on the exams and read more info on them using the internet
    Nice :P.

ReputationRep:
    Were given board specific OCR and OCR cgp books for science. The cgp news condense the information. That's why everyone uses them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.