** Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2017 Thread **

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    There were two questions, one about UCAS points and one about stating an intent to do a master's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes more sense, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Is RBS female spring insight open guys? Can't seem to find the apply button - thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Which banks were rolling/non-rolling again? Also, is mid-November too late to send off applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sikhanddestroy)
    Which banks were rolling/non-rolling again? Also, is mid-November too late to send off applications?
    Only Non-rolling banks are GS and JPM (although I am not 100% sure on this one).

Mid Nov would be slightly late yes but definitely not too late.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is there a deadline within which we have to complete the BAML SJT please? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Is there a deadline within which we have to complete the BAML SJT please? Thank you
    Within 48hrs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loolipoop)
    Within 48hrs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Guys - does BAML review apps after you sat the test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loolipoop)
    ICAP interview done
    MS status changed to under review
    UBS changed as well from Interview/Assessment in Progress to under review
    DB has sent two e-mails saying reviewing my application
    Rothschild and JPM under review tho status is still Test Complete/App Received

Posted from TSR Mobile
    for J.P., Morgan Stanley and Rothschild have you had been intervitedinterviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aran2121)
    Guys - does BAML review apps after you sat the test?
    They only review it if you pass the benchmark of the test.

ReputationRep:
    Can I still apply to any SWs even though I'm a 1st year on a 3 year course w/ placement (so technically 4 years... graduating in 2020). Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andreiwiz)
    Can I still apply to any SWs even though I'm a 1st year on a 3 year course w/ placement (so technically 4 years... graduating in 2020). Thanks.
    If you change the grad date on your applications, yh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am currently a second year on a 3 year course and intend to do masters afterwards, does anyone know if banks will discriminate against my decision of not signing up straight away to a 4 year course at my uni? and I don't think all the SW forms give me an option to express my desires to do a masters afterwards so on the application they will ask me when I expect to graduate from that uni and I will have to say 2018 instead of 2019. I know I can put this on my CV and cover letter but I am worried they won't look at my application at all because I put 2018 instead of 2019. Does anyone have any experience with this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seismic cat)
    I am currently a second year on a 3 year course and intend to do masters afterwards, does anyone know if banks will discriminate against my decision of not signing up straight away to a 4 year course at my uni? and I don't think all the SW forms give me an option to express my desires to do a masters afterwards so on the application they will ask me when I expect to graduate from that uni and I will have to say 2018 instead of 2019. I know I can put this on my CV and cover letter but I am worried they won't look at my application at all because I put 2018 instead of 2019. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Why aren't you applying for summers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because I would be graduating and can start working in 2019 and the internships want people graduating in 2018

ReputationRep:
    Because I would be graduating and can start working in 2019 and the internships want people graduating in 2018
    Once asked HR at a top tier EB.She said put down your expected Master course and college in the Cover Letter and briefly explained why u want to do it (I guess particularly if u r switching majors or the course could be related to the industry)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a confirmed masters place?

I don't get it, you can apply to internships twice instead of spring weeks then internships if you're not doing an integrated masters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So has anyone already done the numerical for cs? In my opinion it was quite hard. I was guessing the last five because time was running up

ReputationRep:
    I skipped straight to the finish line and got an internship at a PE investment firm for the next summer. If anyone is interested how I managed to do that, do let me know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanshawn)
    I skipped straight to the finish line and got an internship at a PE investment firm for the next summer. If anyone is interested how I managed to do that, do let me know.
    omg, how did you do that, that's crazy! are they giving you the opportunity to do a grad job straight after?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.