Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

** Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2017 Thread ** Watch

ReputationRep:
    Which banks were rolling/non-rolling again? Also, is mid-November too late to send off applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sikhanddestroy)
    Which banks were rolling/non-rolling again? Also, is mid-November too late to send off applications?
    Only Non-rolling banks are GS and JPM (although I am not 100% sure on this one).

Mid Nov would be slightly late yes but definitely not too late.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is there a deadline within which we have to complete the BAML SJT please? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Is there a deadline within which we have to complete the BAML SJT please? Thank you
    Within 48hrs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loolipoop)
    Within 48hrs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Guys - does BAML review apps after you sat the test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loolipoop)
    ICAP interview done
    MS status changed to under review
    UBS changed as well from Interview/Assessment in Progress to under review
    DB has sent two e-mails saying reviewing my application
    Rothschild and JPM under review tho status is still Test Complete/App Received

Posted from TSR Mobile
    for J.P., Morgan Stanley and Rothschild have you had been intervitedinterviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aran2121)
    Guys - does BAML review apps after you sat the test?
    They only review it if you pass the benchmark of the test.

ReputationRep:
    Can I still apply to any SWs even though I'm a 1st year on a 3 year course w/ placement (so technically 4 years... graduating in 2020). Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andreiwiz)
    Can I still apply to any SWs even though I'm a 1st year on a 3 year course w/ placement (so technically 4 years... graduating in 2020). Thanks.
    If you change the grad date on your applications, yh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am currently a second year on a 3 year course and intend to do masters afterwards, does anyone know if banks will discriminate against my decision of not signing up straight away to a 4 year course at my uni? and I don't think all the SW forms give me an option to express my desires to do a masters afterwards so on the application they will ask me when I expect to graduate from that uni and I will have to say 2018 instead of 2019. I know I can put this on my CV and cover letter but I am worried they won't look at my application at all because I put 2018 instead of 2019. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seismic cat)
    I am currently a second year on a 3 year course and intend to do masters afterwards, does anyone know if banks will discriminate against my decision of not signing up straight away to a 4 year course at my uni? and I don't think all the SW forms give me an option to express my desires to do a masters afterwards so on the application they will ask me when I expect to graduate from that uni and I will have to say 2018 instead of 2019. I know I can put this on my CV and cover letter but I am worried they won't look at my application at all because I put 2018 instead of 2019. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Why aren't you applying for summers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because I would be graduating and can start working in 2019 and the internships want people graduating in 2018

ReputationRep:
    Because I would be graduating and can start working in 2019 and the internships want people graduating in 2018
    Once asked HR at a top tier EB.She said put down your expected Master course and college in the Cover Letter and briefly explained why u want to do it (I guess particularly if u r switching majors or the course could be related to the industry)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a confirmed masters place?

I don't get it, you can apply to internships twice instead of spring weeks then internships if you're not doing an integrated masters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So has anyone already done the numerical for cs? In my opinion it was quite hard. I was guessing the last five because time was running up

ReputationRep:
    I skipped straight to the finish line and got an internship at a PE investment firm for the next summer. If anyone is interested how I managed to do that, do let me know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanshawn)
    I skipped straight to the finish line and got an internship at a PE investment firm for the next summer. If anyone is interested how I managed to do that, do let me know.
    omg, how did you do that, that's crazy! are they giving you the opportunity to do a grad job straight after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanshawn)

I dare say quality **** post m9 5/7
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    what is the pass mark for the numericals? Was getting around consistently getting 80+ on assesment day package i bought now i am getting screwed IRL looooool

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.