The acid salt had 1 less oxygen and was a +

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weeksy97)
    Yes, I got this and I believe it's correct! 😀
    It's not correct because it doesn't have a triplet peak at 3.1-3.9

There must be a -COCH2CH2-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Attachment 549959 This was the answer to the last question.. (I got it wrong and drew it as a tertiary alcohol:/
    The integration value of 6 with the CH3 included the one on the left..)
    How many marks would I loose for tertiary alcohol? I'd imagine 1 for not mentioning it having to be primary or secondary, 1 for wrong product and 2 probably for an error in my working that showed a segment of R-C(CH3)2OH..
    So most likely -3/4 what do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This isn't correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    Chemistry teachers looked at it and said it's relatively easy. Should be high grade boundaries.
    don't be a prick

(Original post by qwerty123A)
    for distinguishing between one compound and the acyl chloride i said use NaHCO3 and with the acyl chloride you get effervescence and no visible change with the other, is that correct?
    That's fine.

(Original post by House6797)
    i wrote just aqueous, id still get the mark right?
    That's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahigueraxxx)
    *brb gonna go and drown in my tears*
    someone in my sixth form once wrote the wrong candidate number on her paper and the exam office called her up to tell her and they changed it for her, don't worry i'm sure it will be ok you wrote everything else anyway

ReputationRep:
    Was the answer to the last question HOCH2-CH2-CH(CH3)-CH2-CH2OH. I think this because it must have alcohol groups, and 5 hydrogen environments. I haven't seen anyone else answer this though so I'm probably wrong 😢

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OloMed)
    If I spelt Nucleophilic as 'Nucleophillic' , will I get penalised?

Somebody please come up with a mark scheme
    I've never seen incorrect spellings lose marks in any of the chemistry past papers so I think you'll be fine, then again it was such a different paper to the others I guess anything could be on that damn markscheme!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anno007)
    It's not correct because it doesn't have a triplet peak at 3.1-3.9

There must be a -COCH2CH2-
    Triplet Peak at 3.1-3.9 is the CH2 group next to the alcohol I believe

ReputationRep:
    I think the grade boundaries have to be lower than last years.. unless this year is filled with a bunch of geniuses then I don't see how the grade boundaries can go up. Last year was 85/100 for an A* and the paper wasn't even that tricky..

The formatting was different, so many tricky one markers here and there that required a lot of time to answer. Pretty sure only the best of the best in the country would have got all the marks from the last question because not only was it disgustingly unfair, it was also at the end of a paper which took quite some time to finish.

Hoping for 83/100 for A* and like 76/100 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rabadon)
    o-ch2 was a triplet though..
    Oops, I've done a typo. The CH2 is in the wrong place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahigueraxxx)
    Thank you kind sir! I hope the invigilators in my school do this omg
    Deep Breaths. It'll all be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lishakb97)
    someone in my sixth form once wrote the wrong candidate number on her paper and the exam office called her up to tell her and they changed it for her, don't worry i'm sure it will be ok you wrote everything else anyway
    Thank you! I really hope so

ReputationRep:
    Could I put Ni and hydrogen with high pressure instead of LiAlH4 for the reduction of the hydroxynitrile to the amine question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckaH2)
    I've never seen incorrect spellings lose marks in any of the chemistry past papers so I think you'll be fine, then again it was such a different paper to the others I guess anything could be on that damn markscheme!!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukrainian Doctor)
    It is KCN with some acid because you need H+ ions. I do not know where people are getting the idea that it is in ethanolic solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The alcohol is what gives you the hydrogen. Ethanolic solution isn't a term they like, but ethanolic/alcohol is required.

ReputationRep:
    I am so depressed, this paper was nothing like all the other past papers ive done. I usually get A's in the past papers but i'll be lucky if i've even got a C in this! Someone please make an unofficial mark scheme so that i know how many marks ive lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RME11)
    The polyester polymer was stronger due to permanent dipole-dipole being a stronger IMF between chains than the polypropene's VDW forces - which is why it is better for stitches.
    Damn, I wrote that it can be hydrolysed because it is polar, so it does not have to be removed, unlike the other polymer which is non-polar :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishabennett)
    I'm not going to get an A in chemistry because of that paper
    Same really gutted.. need to smash chem 5 for any chance

(Original post by FormlessBowl)
    The NO3 was a -

The acid salt had 1 less oxygen and was a +
    The carboxylic acid just accepts an H+, it doesn't loose an O - where would it go?

Google the question too, the products are NO3- and CH3COOH2+

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.