Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    And OCD has once again decided to make nighttime a miserable experience
    I'm getting so upset over it (I'm crying now).
    I now dread getting into bed as its just been horrible over the last few days!
    Idk what's going on!!
    I give up!
    :grouphugs:Have you tried anything in particular to try and ease it/ has anything helped before?

You're a strong person, and I'm sure you can get through this- don't give up!

And OCD has once again decided to make nighttime a miserable experience
    I'm getting so upset over it (I'm crying now).
    I now dread getting into bed as its just been horrible over the last few days!
    Idk what's going on!!
    I give up!
    :hugs:

---------

*SH trigger*
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Feel better now can go to sleep

^^^
    ~Anon 1 sorry forgot again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    :grouphugs:Have you tried anything in particular to try and ease it/ has anything helped before?

You're a strong person, and I'm sure you can get through this- don't give up!
    Well I'm using a lot of hand sanitizer, which has worked until a few days ago!

Thanks, but I'm really not! I sure hope so!
    Thankyou :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

---------

*SH trigger*
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Feel better now can go to sleep

just sat here on my own crying.

feel like everything I do or say is wrong, I just can't win, and im out of booze, can't even drink away the pain anymore.

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    Struggling so much and no one gives a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Struggling so much and no one gives a ****
    :hugs: am too but welcome to pm if it'd help, don't know how good I'll be though

---
    Sorry to everyone I keep not replying to :/ hope everyone's alright

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Ah, there are happening worse things, than calling your cat's name. And friendships generally often come unexpected...to my experience. And even a total weirdo image won't change it. Being nice is often rewarded in the long run.

Just go to them and ask, do not assume they will no, until they have. (Though we could use it even with only the permission of the lecturer...)
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Ahh right i know a friend got a dictoohone and just asked each lecturer at the atart of the lwcture if she could record. It wasnt through disability or anything. Just meant so could go over it at home to make more detailed notes
    Thank you both for your advice. A dictaphone is a great idea except I leave home at 10.20am and don't get back until 5.15pm so I'd have no time to listen over a 3 hour lecture plus the lab class on top. Especially as I'm meant to be reading one chapter each evening too. :/ If (and this is a big if) I pass this class I'll have more time in the fall semester so could probably use one then.

But right now everything's just turning to ****. I keep breaking out into tears; I've had to leave my class several times to go cry in the toilets. :cry2: I have a lab test tomorrow which I've been trying to revise for but the laughter and derogatory comments are really putting me off, I can't concentrate at all. If I fail this class again I think it's a sign I'm not really cut out for nursing. I should be used to failure by now but it still hurts.

Sorry this is all about me, how are you guys doing?

ReputationRep:
    Oh for **** sake!
    My ocd is now literally out of control!!!!
    I cant take this anymore!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Went to bed at 11, woke up at 2, been lying awake since. Dont think I've slept more than 3 hours a night for 2 weeks at least, I'm so tired

ReputationRep:
    I'm so lonely

ReputationRep:
    My OCD has flared up badly today. For the first time in months it's been LSD contamination specifically instead of broad based germ, toxin and drug contamination fears. Had panic attack after panic attack and I'm currently in that 2 hour wait of "watching myself" to see if I am drugged or not which is bloody stupid but I can't stop it. I'm out atm which doesn't help but hoping a run out to the garden centre might calm me a bit once I get there.

Hope everyone has a good day :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have spoken to my exams officer for special circumstances in my a level exams and I honestly couldn't of come across a more ignorant person when it comes to mental health issues.

Despite 3 clinical diagnoses and a referral for a fourth one, a letter from my psychotherapist and my GP supporting the application.... They are still being resistant! My father has gone mental emailing the school and they have forwarded the emails to the local education authorities and threaten to take it further. Absolutely horrendous the society we live in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    My OCD has flared up badly today. For the first time in months it's been LSD contamination specifically instead of broad based germ, toxin and drug contamination fears. Had panic attack after panic attack and I'm currently in that 2 hour wait of "watching myself" to see if I am drugged or not which is bloody stupid but I can't stop it. I'm out atm which doesn't help but hoping a run out to the garden centre might calm me a bit once I get there.

Hope everyone has a good day :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw hey! I am totally the same recently. I have huge fears about taking any type of pills (partly why I refuse medication for my illnesses) as I fear that my ibuprofen has been swapped with ecstasy or something! It also doesn't help that they have released these pink pills for ibuprofen which are the only ones available in my house.. I have to check the packet and foil about a hundred times before I can swallow the pill.

I really thought I was alone in this one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow I felt like I was reading something I had just wrote because I am the exact same with what you have said so you are definitely not alone :hugs:
    (Original post by Louise12307)
    Aw hey! I am totally the same recently. I have huge fears about taking any type of pills (partly why I refuse medication for my illnesses) as I fear that my ibuprofen has been swapped with ecstasy or something! It also doesn't help that they have released these pink pills for ibuprofen which are the only ones available in my house.. I have to check the packet and foil about a hundred times before I can swallow the pill.

I really thought I was alone in this one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feel like such an idiot :/
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Was having a really vivid dream last night and for the first time in years wet myself because of it
    These nightmares are getting out of control but idk how to stop them
    And im exhausted because of it as i was up early showering and changing bed linen because of it :/
    ~Anon 1

ReputationRep:
    Lab exam didn't go so well....think I've probably got a D, maybe worse.

Everyday I wonder more and more why I'm even trying, I'm such a ****ing failure. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Oh for **** sake!
    My ocd is now literally out of control!!!!
    I cant take this anymore!!!!
    :console:

Worth going to see your GP?

ReputationRep:
    Typical. The one thing that needed to go right hasn't and now everything's in jepody.

:cry:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.