Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    Yeah neither are Lehmann Brothers. It's not 2012 bro, the RBS IBD is long closed. They focus on corporate banking now.
    Lol

I'm pretty sure they were doing internships and grad schemes last year tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egdargi)
    Lol

I'm pretty sure they were doing internships and grad schemes last year tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're right, they were. Looks like they've stopped hiring for Corporate & Institutional Banking this year... Uh oh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    You're right, they were. Looks like they've stopped hiring for Corporate & Institutional Banking this year... Uh oh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    fuark. im going with market risk then.

it was one of my top choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    Yeah neither are Lehmann Brothers. It's not 2012 bro, the RBS IBD is long closed. They focus on corporate banking now.
    made my day hahaha, did you not see RBS Q2 results.. they are a joke of a bank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    hmm it's been about 18 hours since I submitted my MS app for S&T... Has anyone else applied for S&T and received test invitations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did you guys complete the app, because anytime I try to apply for one of the S&T positions, it's not available in London. I'm assuming you clicked on Fixed Income and Commodities in London??? It's weird because the IBD London option works fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hawaii50)
    How did you guys complete the app, because anytime I try to apply for one of the S&T positions, it's not available in London. I'm assuming you clicked on Fixed Income and Commodities in London??? It's weird because the IBD London option works fine
    I just filtered internships in london and it came up, on my submitted application it just says emea - sure thats fine.

just double checked and it says london on application. try filtering by location rather than division maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JogaBonito787)
    I was highly confused as well.

I think its similar to a fit based interview via video.

Which divisions did you apply to ?
    Investments; Trading / Liquidity Startegies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Pretty sure I submitted a London one but maybe I ****ed up, better start learning Cantonese
    Do you have a link? I can't find it... Emailed HR and they just said wait till September/October?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    made my day hahaha, did you not see RBS Q2 results.. they are a joke of a bank
    Yeah. The last good deal they ever did was acquiring Natwest. Ever since then they tried to acquire everything and anything and being going down the pan. Being 73% owned by the government is the final nail in the coffin for them. They will never be what they once were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    hmm it's been about 18 hours since I submitted my MS app for S&T... Has anyone else applied for S&T and received test invitations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have a link to the S&T app? Everyone seems to be finding but I can only see Institutional Equity & Prime Brokerage (which are part of S&T) but the only locations available are NYC or HK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hawaii50)
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deltasierra27)
    Do you have a link to the S&T app? Everyone seems to be finding but I can only see Institutional Equity & Prime Brokerage (which are part of S&T) but the only locations available are NYC or HK?
    Mate literally go on the list and filter it by 'EMEA' and 'Summer Analyst' and its there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deltasierra27)
    https://morganstanley.tal.net/vx/lan...rogramme/en-GB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    Mate literally go on the list and filter it by 'EMEA' and 'Summer Analyst' and its there
    Found it - had to go on 'advanced search' rather than the normal section.

ReputationRep:
    Cheeeers

ReputationRep:
    JPM has no online tests right after app submission do they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turing)
    JPM has no online tests right after app submission do they?
    yh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gonna buy some practice tests, anyone got any insight as to which is the best provider? E.g grad monkey, jobtestprep...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robv96)
    Gonna buy some practice tests, anyone got any insight as to which is the best provider? E.g grad monkey, jobtestprep...
    Both of them

ReputationRep:
    I'm a final year student taking a Masters. I applied last year for summers as well. This year would you say its better to create a different account with all of the firms you were rejected from last year, or just use the same account as you did last year...pro's and con's please.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.