Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    That's strange because my friend is also doing NCS and she said that they cancelled the 25th because most of the people in her programme were in Year 11

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most of my group is Year 11, thinking about it, but I'm pretty sure that we're still using results day.
    I know for results day this week, everyone has to be back for 3 o'clock, so I'm guessing it will be something like that but a bit earlier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Same here, depending if they're there early enough :P I'll probably get so excited and pressured by teachers I'll have to rip it on the spot (Good luck to me if the teachers wanna see)
    Yh, opening results can be adrenaline inducing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My plan - run in to school as soon as I'm allowed to take my results, my dad and I are gonna sit in maccies and I'll open them after eating a burger and fries.. Then when I'm calm, rip it open.. And either go outside and start digging my grave or go have a meal with friends 🍷🍷

ReputationRep:
    I am so nervous the grade boundaries better be really low otherwise I'm screwed!! I so regret taking art argh!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewwww)
    My plan - run in to school as soon as I'm allowed to take my results, my dad and I are gonna sit in maccies and I'll open them after eating a burger and fries.. Then when I'm calm, rip it open.. And either go outside and start digging my grave or go have a meal with friends 🍷🍷
    That's pretty different to me, I don't think I have that sort of patience! Good luck, I hope you'll be enjoying that meal.

(Original post by Mizz.Unicorn)
    I am so nervous the grade boundaries better be really low otherwise I'm screwed!! I so regret taking art argh!!
    I know how you feel about the grade boundaries, I hope they'll be as lenient as possible this year and feel sorry for us worn out students.

ReputationRep:
    The countdown is going to turn into single digits from today :eek:

ReputationRep:
    As soon as my school gate opens I'm flying to the main hall, I'm actually ready for them, this wait is jarring. The anticipation is too much 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizgurl)
    The countdown is going to turn into single digits from today :eek:
    When it hits 1 digit, we'll realise how close it actually is D: Wait until the night before, the thread will be packed with people panicking saying "It's 1 day!"

ReputationRep:
    Haha can't wait to grab my results and go straight to reading festival to get ****ed

ReputationRep:
    I think "Oh my god they're so close now!" and realise there's still 10 days and then I wanna cry from impatience

ReputationRep:
    Are people gonna go to school with their parents to pick up results?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got:

English Lang B
    English lit B
    Maths B
    Additionally science B
    Geography B
    BTEC sport MERIT
    Engineering C
    Computer science C
    Core science B

Predicted grades:

English Lang B
    English lit B
    Maths C
    Additional science B
    Geography A*
    BTEC sport MERIT
    Engineering A
    Computer science C
    Core science B

Actual grades:

English Lang ??
    English lit ??
    Maths ??
    Additional science ??
    Geography ??
    BTEC sport ??
    Engineering ??
    Computer science ??
    Core science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Do it Right)
    I'm not as I don't want the pressure 😬😂

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to open the envelope and cover the sheet of paper with my grades up (with another sheet of paper) and slowly pull the cover away to reveal each grade. I'm doing this so I don't get overwhelmed with all the different letters on the sheet.

But then again, the anticipation on the day may be so high that I'll iust rip open the envelope to see all my grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When it hits 1 digit, we'll realise how close it actually is D: Wait until the night before, the thread will be packed with people panicking saying "It's 1 day!"
    I know D: Last year it was crammed with nervous and anxious people including me Like its next week!! Ahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    I think I'm going to open the envelope and cover the sheet of paper with my grades up (with another sheet of paper) and slowly pull the cover away to reveal each grade. I'm doing this so I don't get overwhelmed with all the different letters on the sheet.

But then again, the anticipation on the day may be so high that I'll iust rip open the envelope to see all my grades!
    May I steal that idea? It's brilliant!

(Original post by Dizgurl)
    I know D: Last year it was crammed with nervous and anxious people including me Like its next week!! Ahh
    I'm screeching at the thought! Sitting in the garden helps a lot for me, though

(Original post by Do it Right)
    Dad's at work and Mum has an illness, but I know she's going to force my brother or sister to come so I'm probably gonna sneak out and get them, they'll be like "It's fine, it's fine" but I'd need some alone time!

ReputationRep:
    May I steal that idea? It's brilliant
    Feel free

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    May I steal that idea? It's brilliant!
    Can I also use that method?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I must be the only one that can't wait for the GB, hopefully they'll put my mind at ease aha
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sahil19)
    I must be the only one that can't wait for the GB, hopefully they'll put my mind at ease aha
    I'm excited

:excited::excited::excited:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.