[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long Newcastle and Leeds take to reply with offers? I applied 10 days ago and already have an offer from Surrey but I'm so impatient 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelCx99)
    This may be a stupid question but does track update itself? it's just that my application still says last updated 6th October and that was when it was sent off and I don't know if we are meant to update it ourselves somehow or it just updates when you get an offer
    Track only updates itself wen you get an answer from a uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatcs001)
    Track only updates itself wen you get an answer from a uni
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryptokyo)
    When did you submit your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    10th October

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long Newcastle and Leeds take to reply with offers? I applied 10 days ago and already have an offer from Surrey but I'm so impatient 😂
    Totally depends on the faculty/ department at the uni instead of the collective uni itself! Leeds has given out some offers today; not heard about Newcastle yet. Well done on Surrey!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmamelville)
    Totally depends on the faculty/ department at the uni instead of the collective uni itself! Leeds has given out some offers today; not heard about Newcastle yet. Well done on Surrey!!
    Ah thanks! Do you know what departments the offers were from in Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    Oh wow that's crazy! I don't think I'm getting any offers tbh, it's taking ages...
    I'm the same... Still waiting... Let me know how you get on though cause our offers may come through at the same time!

EDIT: I clicked your profile, and no way you also go to a boarding school... I do too... This is scarily weird

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received offers for MEng Computer Science at Bristol/Warwick/Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloudinthesky)
    Wow that's fabulous my daughter only got conditional but as she got the Oxford exam it's all about waiting but it's nice to have the offers.
    Are you going to firm it must be very tempting
    Oooops we missed the bit both are unconditional
    Not sure if I'm going to firm or not atm but if not it'll probably be my insurance (it's between York, Sussex and UEA so I'll see what my other two offer me first). What about your daughter?

ReputationRep:
    If you read back through the thread from beginning, Newcastle was one of the fastest to respond with an offer weeks ago--I think it was the first one on this thread--but I don't think I've seen another one since then.

My daughter applied in mid-September about a week after UCAS opened for applications. Newcastle is one of her choices, too (others are Cambridge, York and Durham). She's had acknowledgments from all and a request for more info from York.

Trying not to get discouraged, but it's hard not to with all the offers whizzing by. I keep telling her it may take more time for International students and haven't seen her course have an offer yet (Archaeology), but that's just me trying to make her feel better . Not sure whether there is any truth or not. It's a little disconcerting because except for Cambridge she has met or exceeded the offer guidelines for all the unis with her AP scores. I hope her personal statement and reference are okay (she hasn't seen it). We were both really hoping for at least one really quick offer so she wouldn't have to go through the US application process beyond the crap shoot at Stanford, which she's applying to Early Restrictive Action (in by Nov. 1st and hear by Dec. 15th). She'd be happy with any of her UK choices over US schools so really hoping to hear something in the next couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I've got three so far: warwick for aab, newcastle for aab, and birmingham which is unconditional all for philosophy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mintiess)
    I applied to Dundee but haven't heard anything from them besides the acknowledgement email.. What course did you apply for?
    Applied on Wednesday morning and still haven't had an acknowledgement from Dundee (Medicine).
    I don't mind too much, but it would be nice :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notonlyme)
    Not sure if I'm going to firm or not atm but if not it'll probably be my insurance (it's between York, Sussex and UEA so I'll see what my other two offer me first). What about your daughter?
    She's going to sit the oxford exam and see but she's happy to firm actuarial science

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Nottingham for Economics: A*ABB

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who applied for Maths at Warwick last year and got an offer a few hours later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahme)
    I've got three so far: warwick for aab, newcastle for aab, and birmingham which is unconditional all for philosophy
    Yeah! Finally seen a philosopher here. What are you currently doing in philosophy?

ReputationRep:
    i got my first offer from Chester the other day, someone told me that they may have coincided it with the fact i'm at the open day this weekend? Also has anyone got an offer from UEA or Leeds Beckett yet???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xphoenix)
    I'm the same... Still waiting... Let me know how you get on though cause our offers may come through at the same time!

EDIT: I clicked your profile, and no way you also go to a boarding school... I do too... This is scarily weird
    That's crazy! We should defo keep in contact! Where are you from?x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    That's crazy! We should defo keep in contact! Where are you from?x
    I'm from England, Just outside London, and yeah defo! Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Bristol for Economics and Management. Conditional on 36 points overall with 18 at HL and 6 in HL maths

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.