Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    The FA have called a board meeting for tomorrow morning. It should basicly be McClaren's end.
    He should have resigned immediately after the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bedshaped)
    Its not too late to complain about Carraghar being "forced" to retire because that would have affected the game soooooo much :rolleyes:.

This is what happens when 90% of your friends are Liverpool fans
    No, it wouldn't have when the whole team played crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooftopcowboy)
    Mourinho would want it IMO

no other management offers such fame and attention

not sure if want his style of football, but we cant get any worse, and as Greece proved at Euro 2004, defensive football can win things.
    I doubt it, but time will tell. But I guess you are right in a way - only those that'll want to be hounded by the media/attention-seekers will want the job.

But I don't see the attraction of being England manager:
    -incredibly fickle fans
    -incredibly fickle media
    -pathetically overrated players
    -players with attitude problems

ReputationRep:
    Hats off to Bilic

At least someone is talking sense

ReputationRep:
    I just knew he would play them together although that is not why we lost. His a man who has no courage unlike jose, who would have made changes before half time. steve Mclaren for the Birmingham job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Farhan, what did you make of Carson? You still think he is as good as Foster/Green?
    Because of 1 fumble?

Do you?

No doubt, in the world from your eyes, Carson's value will tumble down rapidly from about £10 million to about £3 million. What do you say?

ReputationRep:
    Capello apparently would enjoy manageing England.

Couldn't care less.

ReputationRep:
    mcclaren should obviously go....

but lets look deeper then that. the people who employed him.

barwick out

p.s apparentely capello just said he would manage england

(Original post by Throwback)
    Crouch, Joe Cole, Beckham.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooftopcowboy)
    Mourinho would want it IMO

no other management offers such fame and attention

not sure if want his style of football, but we cant get any worse, and as Greece proved at Euro 2004, defensive football can win things.
    what do you mean, not wanting his style of football?

What style do we have, if any, at present...??

Whatever it is, it is not entertaining, it is not particularly successful...

Mourinho has always said he'd rather manage Portugal, before managing any other national team. I can find quotes but really cannot be arsed. Use google. Basically, from what Mourinho has said, even in the recent past, he wouldn't display an interest in what is soon to be, yet again, a vacant managerial post.

Martin O'Neill is the best bet. But i understand he was treated badly during his interviewing procedure, application procedure, when Sven had left....so whether this is water off a ducks back etc, and he'd be happy to once again apply for the position, who knows?

ReputationRep:
    look when will we ever face the fact we are completely overrated and at the end of the day are a pretty bad team. great, we may have some of the best players in the premiership and all but we are compeltely useless working as a team. we didn't deserve to go through at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anelka9)
    mcclaren should obviously go....

but lets look deeper then that. the people who employed him.

barwick out

p.s apparentely capello just said he would manage england
    The whole setup is a shambles. FA as much to blame as anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 37927)
    Carson's value will tumble down rapidly from about £10 million to about £3 million. What do you say?
    :rofl: Carson's value was/is £10m?!

Actually of course, he's English.

ReputationRep:
    scott carson. who???
    he was utterly ****. simple.
    the overall team was abissmal, when crouchs goal went in, i was extatic. then i remembered who was in goal :|maybe next year eh?

what's next for england? just freindly games.. i suppose.
    however on the brightside i might get some good AS results, seeing as i'll have little distraction through the summer. :eeek:

ReputationRep:
    "We feel exactly the same as the fans, believe you me, we know how they are feeling," said McClaren.

So he is opting for suicide?

ReputationRep:
    How the **** does that not imply you don't think there was anything wrong with his performance tonight?
    Don't quote two totally separate posts as if they're somehow related.

What I meant was, as soon as I come into this thread, United fans are cumming over Gerrard. I.e. singling him out. That might have just been a coincidence.

But anyway:

He was one of the worst. Tell me one productive thing Gerrard did all night? Just one?
    Haha, trust you to say that. Remember the interception he made, otherwise Croatia would've been 3 against 1 in the England half, and probably would have scored another?

Did that somehow, magically, evade you?

Just one.

ReputationRep:
    i hope so

ReputationRep:

this pic makes me feel twice as worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 37927)
    Because of 1 fumble?

Do you?
    1 fumble? He threw one in, goalkicked along the floor, and parried one out worse than Robinson all in the 1st half. He looked well out of his depth all game.

I thought he is our 5th best English keeper anyway so wasn't surprised he didn't have a stunner.

ReputationRep:
    Should we get Sven back?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.