33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    Oh dear :[ Aren't you on October break?
    I only had last week and today off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    I only had last week and today off
    Psh, that's no good >_< What do you have to do?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Me!! :p: Except I've started mine today and it's to be handed in tomorrow :facepalm:
    We're all going to die in the end. Just go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    Psh, that's no good >_< What do you have to do?
    History questions, already done a French reading passage and translation exercise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    We're all going to die in the end. Just go to bed.
    I'll die tomorrow if I don't do this. My History teacher idolises Stalin.:p:

ReputationRep:
    History questions, already done a French reading passage and translation exercise
    All History questions are the devil >:-[

ReputationRep:
    All History questions are the devil >:-[
    Indeed.
    I hate the suffragists. They bore me.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.
    I hate the suffragists. They bore me.
    I like them more than reform acts & the growth of democracy. -__-

ReputationRep:
    I like them more than reform acts & the growth of democracy. -__-
    Democracy, euugh :p:
    I didn't mind the Liberal and Labour reforms actually :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I hate being in school. I would much rather being doing my driving lesson than sitting through more drivel in Admin.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    :lolwut:
    And anyone else who can help.

How do you get a hand drawn image into high resolution? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    How do you get a hand drawn image into high resolution? :lolwut:
    Get a finer pencil.

More usefully: what are you trying to do? You could just set the scanner to scan at a high resolution (they'll normally default to somewhere between 150 and 300 ppi, but actually max out around 2000 ppi). Or, depending on the image, you could vectorize it automatically and then scale to your heart's content.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Get a finer pencil.

More usefully: what are you trying to do? You could just set the scanner to scan at a high resolution (they'll normally default to somewhere between 150 and 300 ppi, but actually max out around 2000 ppi). Or, depending on the image, you could vectorize it automatically and then scale to your heart's content.
    Erm, someone has hand drawn a logo to put on a leavers hoodie so we (someone else) scanned it and emailed the company the logo but they said the can't do anything with it because it's not high resolution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Erm, someone has hand drawn a logo to put on a leavers hoodie so we (someone else) scanned it and emailed the company the logo but they said the can't do anything with it because it's not high resolution.
    You need to rescan it and set the settings in the scanner to use a higher resolution (perhaps asking the company what resolution in dpi they will accept/suggest). If the scanned image is in too low a resolution no amount of image processing can create the extra detail that's not there.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    You need to rescan it and set the settings in the scanner to use a higher resolution (perhaps asking the company what resolution in dpi they will accept/suggest). If the scanned image is in too low a resolution no amount of image processing can create the extra detail that's not there.
    thank you muchly.

That girl who's being an utter ***** to me in English had "you're very talented; keep writing!" written by the teacher at the end of her essay.

On mine, she wrote: "You are gifted at English."

:mfing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    That girl who's being an utter ***** to me in English had "you're very talented; keep writing!" written by the teacher at the end of her essay.

On mine, she wrote: "You are gifted at English."

:mfing:
    :five: Is this the girl who went behind your back with the article?

I disliked the competition in AH Geog - I walked in on 2 people discussing how they are going to 'out do' me this year, hearing that made me more determined to get an A! None of them managed and to top it off I got the best in the county which sickened then a bit. :p:

(Original post by rosie9391)
    :five: Is this the girl who went behind your back with the article?

I disliked the competition in AH Geog - I walked in on 2 people discussing how they are going to 'out do' me this year, hearing that made me more determined to get an A! None of them managed and to top it off I got the best in the county which sickened then a bit. :p:
    Indeed.

LOLOLOLOL, that's hilarious, I'd rub it in their face so much. "What did you get for Geography again? :flutter: Oh that's right, YOU SUCK."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Indeed.

LOLOLOLOL, that's hilarious, I'd rub it in their face so much. "What did you get for Geography again? :flutter: Oh that's right, YOU SUCK."
    Haha, I actually felt embarrassed telling them what I got since it would be a cause for even more *****iness! :o: The girl had done the exact some report as me and only got a C. :p:

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Seems like we all have people we despise in our classes. Me and Arcadia, in common, have people we don't like in our AH English classes.
    I used to love them all until my best friend STABBED ME IN THE BACK. Oscar said true friends stab you in the front.

But not only have I been published twice by Penguin, I'm apparently "gifted." And now she's a loser, despite her 48/50 for her Higher English essays and article in a local paper. :awesome:

I've been meaning to join this writing club for five weeks, but it's being held in another town tonight so I have to go NEXT WEEK. I've been looking forward to it all day

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.