Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely miffed by the Patriots draft. On the one hand, we have made an already incredible offense near unstoppable (all we need is legit deep receiver and we would dominate every week). On the other hand, no defensive solutions. Maybe BB is hoping the lockout clears up and some free-agents will land on our doorstep.

ReputationRep:
    The pats have at least set themselves up to have a ton of good picks next year though, maybe BB just thought there wernt good enough players to justify the picks for where you need this year and is holding out till next year to let current people develop and hopefully find better ones in the next draft

ReputationRep:
    Interesting draft from a few teams-we strengthened our strongest areas (RB/WR/DT) and didn't do anything on OLB or CB...

Patriots, Packers and Falcons had a shocker!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WharfedaleTiger)
    Interesting draft from a few teams-we strengthened our strongest areas (RB/WR/DT) and didn't do anything on OLB or CB...

Patriots, Packers and Falcons had a shocker!
    I wouldn't say the Packers or Patriots had a shocker.

The Pack's first 5 picks were brilliant imo and as for the later rounds, we'll just have to wait and see. I have complete faith in GM Ted Thompson, we've been consistently one of the best, if not the best, drafting teams.

And I think the Pats picked up some nice offensive prospects, a disappointing draft maybe, but certainly not a shocker.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still kinda mad at AJ Smith. Why pick this Leigut guy over Cam Jordan, reminds me of when he picked Larry English over Clay Matthews... or even Rey Maualuga. Chargers front office is either full of idiots or they think they're geniuses.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    I'm still kinda mad at AJ Smith. Why pick this Leigut guy over Cam Jordan, reminds me of when he picked Larry English over Clay Matthews... or even Rey Maualuga. Chargers front office is either full of idiots or they think they're geniuses.
    On behalf of New Orleans Saints fan everywhere I thank you for passing up on Cam Jordan.
    He's going to be a BEAST.

ReputationRep:
    So a week on, I am contented with the Patriots draft. Giving it a B+ grade, seeing as failing to address your biggest need (ie. pass rusher) means you can't get an A.

ReputationRep:
    I think the Eagels did alright in the Draft. However I am not big on the Draft as 9 times out of ten the 3rd/4Th round guys tend to make a bigger impact rather than those 1st and 2nd round guys. To much hype around the Draft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gerard_G)
    I think the Eagels did alright in the Draft. However I am not big on the Draft as 9 times out of ten the 3rd/4Th round guys tend to make a bigger impact rather than those 1st and 2nd round guys. To much hype around the Draft
    can be true... we are yet to see who is the best out of last years draft and we won't know for at least 2-3 years.

ReputationRep:
    Agree that there's way too much hype around the draft.
    I myself am one that get carried away with it :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I quite enjoyed the Phins draft. We added stability to the O-Line, got younger and hopefully better at Running back, and now have a speedster wide receiver that unlike Ted Ginn, doesn't run out of bounds in fear of contact all the time!

I knew we weren't getting Ingram or a QB - I don't think the QBs available at pick 15 were good enough, given where the team was right now. Yeah we could have taken Mallett, but he has a few issues he has to sort out, so the Pats was best for him - gives him time. We're better off sticking with Henne/bringing at Veteran in for now...

ReputationRep:
    I feel Suh, for the Lions, done pretty well and showed his worth straight away.

What's all your thoughts on Kolb?

ReputationRep:

From the tape I've seen (mainly the game against the mighty saints a year ago) he looks like he could become a strong started in the league and is well worth a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.
    Arizona need to get in their if they want to go back to the Super Bowl as QB is pretty much the final piece in the puzzle.

ReputationRep:

If I was a QB needy team, eg Seattle, Miami or Arizona, then I would give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Kolb.

ReputationRep:
    IMO Kolb should stay with us, I mean Vick is 31 and realistic doesnt have much left in the tank, I dont care what anyone says. But the nice part of me wants him to start next year, I think he is a nice guy and deserves to be starter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)
    If I was a QB needy team, eg Seattle, Miami or Arizona, then I would give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Kolb.
    As a fan, I definitely would not - nor would many other Dolphins fans, and from the sounds of things, nor would the Dolphins organisation. We're building around Henne for this year. The fact that our-line was poor, as was the running game made things harder for him last year. Nobody thinks he's the answer at QB - with a better supporting cast, he could be ok - but let's face it this year, there really aren't many good options - Kolb wouldn't be enough of an upgrade (who even knows if he is either?).
    Unless we trade for Palmer which is unlikely in itself, we'll probably just sign a veteran QB and wait for next year. If it completely fails and we do worse next year as a result, then we'll be higher placed in the draft to get someone like Andrew Luck. So waiting is the best move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxfordGoBrach)
    As a fan, I definitely would not - nor would many other Dolphins fans, and from the sounds of things, nor would the Dolphins organisation. We're building around Henne for this year. The fact that our-line was poor, as was the running game made things harder for him last year. Nobody thinks he's the answer at QB - with a better supporting cast, he could be ok - but let's face it this year, there really aren't many good options - Kolb wouldn't be enough of an upgrade (who even knows if he is either?).
    Unless we trade for Palmer which is unlikely in itself, we'll probably just sign a veteran QB and wait for next year. If it completely fails and we do worse next year as a result, then we'll be higher placed in the draft to get someone like Andrew Luck. So waiting is the best move.
    noted but disagree lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well lets hope there is a season this year to watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)
    noted but disagree lol.
    Well of course you want us to waste a pick on Kolb, you're a Pats fan. I'd want the same for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxfordGoBrach)
    Well of course you want us to waste a pick on Kolb, you're a Pats fan. I'd want the same for you.
    good times. I think the Pats are the only team in the NFL that has NO use for Kolb haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.