POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Lizzzle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dekota-XS)
I don't think my question was particularly stupid given that there was a huge prize for his capture had one of the local residents recognised him and reported him to authorities.
The problem here is people's strong trust with the media and politicians to the point that questioning whatever they say is classed as stupid. It's almost scary the way the media can manipulate anyone's beliefs and reasoning.
Being the most wanted man in the world - i'd imagine he didn't leave his two-walled 12ft high prison.
Those who lived around the area have tweeted that the house seemed to be abandoned with no activity and nobody entering or leaving the house, any local person could easily assume that it was just abandoned - houses in that part of the world are built by the owners and not by the government because they purchase the land therefore they are free to do with it what they want provided it falls within the law.
If I was a local citizen I would assume it was abandoned especially if I or nobody I knew ever saw anyone enter or leave or any sign of human life.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think my question was particularly stupid given that there was a huge prize for his capture had one of the local residents recognised him and reported him to authorities.
The problem here is people's strong trust with the media and politicians to the point that questioning whatever they say is classed as stupid. It's almost scary the way the media can manipulate anyone's beliefs and reasoning.
Yes, but I have already said that is was highly unlikely that he left his compound. Therefore, it would impossible for any local residents to recognise him.

Not really. People always question the media and etc. That isn't a problem.

People like you just ask daft questions.
Krebs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Limitless)
We fear some old man in the middle east but we see no threat from a country which has 1000+ military bases worldwide...
Yes, because he was just "some old man in the middle east".
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MelonFroot)
I'm rather worried about the reaction of Al-Qaeda.
I reckon Al-Qaedas reaction would not have severe as it will be if they captured him.
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like how people are attacking Dekotas-XS when he is probably speaking the more sense then most people on this thread.
Get Real
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Oh, sorry.

I wasn't aware you were there.

Care to tell me more about what happened?
Some people got ****ed up.
Dekota-XS
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kaykiie)
Why do you feel the need to correct others? :rolleyes:
I wouldn't mind it if he made a mistake once but he repeatedly makes it and he constantly throws personal insults without reason, I just feel like helping him out with his grammar.
It also gives him something good to take out of the thread. It's only constructive criticism ... no intentions of a terrorist attack I assure you.
Kaykiie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I reckon Al-Qaedas reaction would not have severe as it will be if they captured him.
Really?

If they'd captured him and taken him to America, I reckon their reaction would be pretty bad. Probably bombing or attacking until he is released.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like how people are attacking Dekotas-XS when he is probably speaking the more sense then most people on this thread.
Oh ye.
The guy who isn't even watching the news. (or is just too stupid to understand it)
The guy who asks questions already answered multiple times by multiple different sources (the news, the president, officials etc).
The guy asking the same questions over and over, stupid questions with obvious answers.

He really is the most logical person here.

Oh.. wait..
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Get Real)
I am aware of that. Now who's trying to get on the high-horse.

There is a large compund, there is one man. Unless he is hiding in a corner, there are multiple ways of surrounding him.

Stun Grenades,Tasers, rubber bullets = Captured.

It is not difficult.
I am not sure why they have to capture him. None of those methods bar the taser can stop him firing a weapon completely and even with a taser you have to be fairly close.

Anyway, if a criminal was firing a gun at police office, you are not afford the criminal the same level of leniency so I don't know why you think Bin Laden is a special case.
Kaykiie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't mind it if he made a mistake once but he repeatedly makes it and he constantly throws personal insults without reason, I just feel like helping him out with his grammar.
It also gives him something good to take out of the thread. It's only constructive criticism ... no intentions of a terrorist attack I assure you.
You are aware that his spelling was incorrect and not his grammar, aren't you?

"I wouldn't mind", it's too bad you don't own the language isn't it? :rolleyes:

Stick to replying without corrections, it makes you look like a douche.
OrmondDrone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
White House Homeland Security spokesman just said at the press conference that the woman being used by Bin Laden as a shield was Bin Laden's wife (well, one of them anyway). Classy :rolleyes:
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh ye.
The guy who isn't even watching the news. (or is just too stupid to understand it)
The guy who asks questions already answered multiple times by multiple different sources (the news, the president, officials etc).
The guy asking the same questions over and over, stupid questions with obvious answers.

He really is the most logical person here.

Oh.. wait..
Let's all believe everything the media tells us...Wooooh, so much common sense in the world.
Dekota-XS
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kaykiie)
You are aware that his spelling was incorrect and not his grammar, aren't you?
" Why do you feel the need to correct others? :rolleyes: "
fist of the south star
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The mother of all LOL JK's would be if bin laden posted a video next week entitled: gotcha!
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Let's all believe everything the media tells us...Wooooh, so much common sense in the world.
:facepalm:

Media?

I guess the president, experts, US officials.. witnesses etc etc are all the media ?
You know.. the places all the information is coming from

Oh wait no.. they aren't.

You are embarrassing yourself, just stop.
flowermaster91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im just waiting for south parks episode based on this lool
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:facepalm:

Media?

I guess the president, experts, US officials.. witnesses etc etc are all the media ?
You know.. the places all the information is coming from

Oh wait no.. they aren't.

You are embarrassing yourself, just stop.
All those people can be bought with a little money.
skenny7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am aware that I will probably get a lot of neg rep's for this...but hear me out.

Am I the only one that's skeptical about this whole situation?

It seems very suspicious that it was timed specifically after the royal wedding, and it all came out so sudden. "O BTW bin laden is dead"

I also don't believe it's right to go into another country and just shoot a man and his family, it's not legal at all.

Also, When has he EVER really had a trial and protested whether he is innocent or not? That's what I would have liked to have seen, Osama having a real trial.

I wonder what the UN's stance on all of this is...

EDIT - i put obama instead of Osama..oops lol! Meant osama :-D
Kaykiie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
" Why do you feel the need to correct others? :rolleyes: "
I was being ironic, which would be clear to most people :teehee:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed