Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123456789012)
    I think question 14 asked what would happen if the frequency decreased not increased. Am I wrong?
    I agree, I think the question asked about decreasing frequency

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes it was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyfer)
    This argument is so ****ing stupid.

Electrons and protons also have mass, we don't get crushed by them do we?

Plus photons have momentum, so they can still cause impact

Seriously. Don't argue something if you don't genuinely know the answer
    i have to say, the stupid person on here is you. He/She was using hyperbole with the diamond thing. The we don't get crushed by electrons thing is ridiculous. Photons bloody travel at the speed of light. Eisenstein mass energy equivalence tells us the closer something gets to the speed of light the more its mass increases. if a photon travels at the speed of light it must have zero mass. you can have momentum and no mass btw. You would have thought this would have been learnt before an exam.

ReputationRep:
    I think it got roughly 62-63 ish.... Does anyone know if this will be 114/120 ums or not? I really need it to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Ivers)
    I agree, I think the question asked about decreasing frequency

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So what would the answer be?

ReputationRep:
    its the opposite of what i typed to start with, but I have corrcted it

ReputationRep:
    How many ums do you think 63/70 would be roughly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    So what would the answer be?
    Emitted electrons will have less kinetic energy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Suhk)
    1) 20 p, 28 n, 18 e
    2) + 3.2 x 10 ^-19 J
    3) 3.99 x 10 ^ 6 C/kg
    4) feynman stuff ( d quark, W+ Boson, positron, electron neutrino)
    5) weak interaction
    6) B
    7) mass/charge/range etc
    8) I did baryon number and electron lepton number conservation but there are mpre
    9) big 6 marker, pretty easy
    10) particle/ antiparticle: i did electron and positron and said charge was opposite

11) max and range of KE: photons energy dependant upon freq. as E= hf. Ekmax = hf - phi thereofore max KE exists. Range of ke's because more energy needed to remove deeper electrons etc.
    12) prove 1.8eV (pretty easy)
    13) what is threshold freq. : i got like 4.4 x 10 ^14 Hz
    14)increasing frequency increases max KE of emitted electrons as by equation or by photon energy route, your choice
    15) Double intensity doubles number of photons per second which doubles number of emitted electrons per second

16) peak to peak = 128V
    17) peak = 64V
    18) Vrms = 45 V
    19) freq. = 100 Hz
    20) horizontal line at 45V
    21) time base: 2ms/div y sensitivity: 16V/div dunno about 3rd mark

22) 4.2 x 2.5 = 6.3V
    23) 12- 6.3 = 5.7V
    24) 5.7 / 2 = 2.85A
    25) 4.2 - 2.85 = 1.35 A
    26) R = 5.7 / 1.35 = 4.2
    27) I said total R is 1.4 but if it incuded internal resistance then it was 2.9 ohms
    28)think something after but forgot sorry

29) current = 6/ (50 + 35 + 5 ) x 1000 = 6.7 x 10 ^-5 A
    30) V = 0.33V
    31) increas intensity decreases toatl resistance which increases total current thereofre voltemeter value is greater (alternatives possible)
    32) 30000 ohms
    You missed out the question with the table about power...
    Not going to lie, after reading your answers I'm feeling slightly more happy with how I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOJB)
    Aw, did this exam make your wee brain hurt? Bless..
    No actually.. I would fancy myself as being in your position as well, but you dont see me rubbing it in and being a heartless ****? Not everyone is as 'gifted' as you remember that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    Emitted electrons will have less kinetic energy.
    woo thanks

ReputationRep:
    woo thanks
    Is that what you wrote? I am sure.

ReputationRep:
    For the difference between a photon and W+ boson, do you think it'll do to say "the virtual photon only affects charged particles whereas the W+ boson affects all particles"?

If not then I'm an idiot for crossing the infinite range answer out. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    This paper was a bit easier. So I recon 56/70 is an A.:rolleyes:
    56/70 is exactly 80%, usually on the A boundary, so I imagine for this supposedly easier paper, A will be closer to 60/70.

We just have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    I think it got roughly 62-63 ish.... Does anyone know if this will be 114/120 ums or not? I really need it to be
    I got 62 and 110 and that was the highest the boundaries have ever been. And each mark gives you +2 ums. Overall it just depends on how easy the paper was. Jan 13 was pretty easy imo.

ReputationRep:
    No one knows. But I do know 64/70 was 112 UMS as this is what I got in january so It could be similar, depends on the grade boundaries of this particular paper.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to fail sociology since I did no revision and today I have headache. Help me please.... What do I do? I do not want to fail :please:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .raiden.)
    No one knows. But I do know 64/70 was 112 UMS as this is what I got in january so It could be similar, depends on the grade boundaries of this particular paper.

(Original post by Namige)
    I got 62 and 110 and that was the highest the boundaries have ever been. And each mark gives you +2 ums. Overall it just depends on how easy the paper was. Jan 13 was pretty easy imo.
    Cool thanks guys...I've just got to pray it drops a bit! really need 114!!!

ReputationRep:
    22) i meant to write 4.2 x 1.5 as well sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namige)
    Not necessarily, I got 112 with 64/70. So it seems as though 1 raw mark is just above 1 ums.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.