Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Higuain is still better than villa and jovetic right now, you lot gotta remember he scores a lot of goals and works pretty hard. If jovetic played for real madrid I cant see him being anymore special than higuain right now plus people seem to forget ones 23 the others 25 so age should not really be considered here. I think our play would be tailor made for him, In an ideal situation we would have higuain up top and jovetic playing off him lol worth 45mill.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else noticed that we could possibly relagate Newcastle on the final game of our season, would love them to go down again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Has anyone else noticed that we could possibly relagate Newcastle on the final game of our season, would love them to go down again.
    Playing two relegation-threatened sides at the end of the season is asking for trouble.

ReputationRep:
    They're ripping Arsenal on Sunday Supplement, one of them I can't remember said: "Arsenal are just another team you have to beat to win the title"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    They're ripping Arsenal on Sunday Supplement, one of them I can't remember said: "Arsenal are just another team you have to beat to win the title"
    Absolutely terrible programme, all the journalists on there are anti-Arsenal, every week they have a discussion saying that Arsene should leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Absolutely terrible programme, all the journalists on there are anti-Arsenal, every week they have a discussion saying that Arsene should leave.
    It's like a lot of journalist in this country really want to see Wenger fail, it's very sad Arsene Wenger is one of the nicest guys in football.

ReputationRep:
    except that women that came out with the ridiculous comment of saying one player might be enough for us to become a title challenging side again...

ReputationRep:
    People rip Wenger because they are always wrong about their predictions for Arsenal. Every season they want us to explode, so they can say they were right but it never happens. Since Vieira left in 2005, we have been predicted to finish outside the top 4 every season but it has never happened.

Even if we finished outside the top four this season or next season, it still wouldn't mean the opposers were right. After all a dead clock is right 2 times a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    People rip Wenger because they are always wrong about their predictions for Arsenal. Every season they want us to explode, so they can say they were right but it never happens. Since Vieira left in 2005, we have been predicted to finish outside the top 4 every season but it has never happened.

Even if we finished outside the top four this season or next season, it still wouldn't mean the opposers were right. After all a dead clock is right 2 times a day.
    People want Wenger to fail you don't see people talking about Alex Ferguson like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Playing two relegation-threatened sides at the end of the season is asking for trouble.
    The result of the first match probably defines how tough the 2nd match will be. We beat Wigan then Newcastle might be safe by the final game. Lose to Wigan and Newcastle on the final day will be a nightmare.

EDIT - I'm still confident of 3 points against Wigan, we have more aggression in our game compared to previous seasons which teams like Wigan and Stoke have used to exploit us in the past so that edge is gone. All that leaves is the fact we're at home and basically a superior team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)
    The result of the first match probably defines how tough the 2nd match will be. We beat Wigan then Newcastle might be safe by the final game. Lose to Wigan and Newcastle on the final day will be a nightmare.

EDIT - I'm still confident of 3 points against Wigan, we have more aggression in our game compared to previous seasons which teams like Wigan and Stoke have used to exploit us in the past so that edge is gone. All that leaves is the fact we're at home and basically a superior team.
    Its simple the players know the importance of the next two games and there's enough quality in our side to see off Wigan and Newcastle. If we don't win those games we don't deserve to be in the top four

ReputationRep:
    Funny stories I just saw on Twitter:

Stepanovs was on trial for Arsenal & the other players used to wind up Keown saying any defender was going to take his place. So during the trial the other players were bigging Stepanovs up and winding up Keown. The trial ended & weeks later he turned up at the Club. The players were astounded as he was so poor. Someone asked Wenger why he had signed him & he said he’d heard the other players praising him. So decided to buy him!!! At HT during the massive defeat v Utd when walking off Dwight Yorke asked Parlour where the **** did he come from? Parlour just said “it’s a long story” Also Wenger swore at HT for the first time ever during that game.

Keown was very easy to wind up. One day a guy from Adidas turned up with some boots. He was dressed in a Tracksuit. RP said to Keown “ **** me that’s that Centre half from Bayern, the boss must be buying him” Keown was getting agitated at this..
    DB cottoned on to this & joined in “With Him & Adams at the back this season we will walk this league this year” Keown was angry,neck veins bulging & went to see Wenger and demanded to know why he was being replaced. AW didn’t know what he was on about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Its simple the players know the importance of the next two games and there's enough quality in our side to see off Wigan and Newcastle. If we don't win those games we don't deserve to be in the top four
    Newcastle still have good players in cabaye, sissokho and collochini they've beaten chelsea and tottenham at home so they'll be relatively confident of getting something off us, we've drawn there the last 2 seasons I think.

ReputationRep:

Haha, Keown was mental!

Do you remember in his last season before leaving, in 05 when we won the title. The last match of the season, he needed one more sub appearance to get to ten matches in the league so he got the winning medal for the league, we had one sub left towards the end of the game. Wenger sent another player, pretending he was going to put him on as a sub, and Keown was furious Ended up getting subbed on and getting his medal

That's brilliant! :rofl: Surely the first bit can't be entirely true though?!

(Original post by Zubby77)
    Haha, Keown was mental!

Do you remember in his last season before leaving, in 05 when we won the title. The last match of the season, he needed one more sub appearance to get to ten matches in the league so he got the winning medal for the league, we had one sub left towards the end of the game. Wenger sent another player, pretending he was going to put him on as a sub, and Keown was furious Ended up getting subbed on and getting his medal
    Haha, wasn't that when he mock-throttled Wenger just before he got subbed on? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Something to think about:

http://soccerlens.com/usmanov-100-mi...rsenal/107596/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)

Haha, wasn't that when he mock-throttled Wenger just before he got subbed on? :laugh:
    Sauce

Yeah I think it's been exaggerated a bit, would be a bit ridiculous if the first bit is completely true

He's going to post another story later on today :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I could easily write 1000 words on the signings we could have had with 100m and theorised we would have cleaned up trophies though, I agree with the underlying message and the last few paragraphs but it is badly done and there is a lot of pointless exageration in there to try and portray some arrogant glorification of arsenal and wenger e.g. when it cited Chelsea as an example of common logic in football I had to laugh, the bit about Mark Hugh's spending at City is pointless because their starting point and where we are now are incomparable, and then it tries to **** off Bosingwa for laughing at full time as if we have a squad of dedicated pros when after the 8-2 armand traore was grinning, szczesny was having a laugh with rooney, not to mention the andre santos shirt swapping incident either or the general lack of professionalism and motivation you see time and again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)

Haha yeah it was, I remember thinking it was great to see Arsene has a sense of humour even during games

ReputationRep:
    The problem with that article is that the majority of Arsenal fans are not asking for Usamanov to take £100m out of his own pocket and let Arsene spend it. All we want is the owner(s) of the club (whether that be Kroenke, Red and White or anyone else) to allow the manager to spend some of the the clubs own money that the BOD have been accumulating for years.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.