The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by SciFiRory
ooh, queasy still but might just be hunger so cooking some chicken nuggets and waffles.

Ooh nice. I had pizza :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like giving up

Everything is stressing me out i cant deal with it all. I need to pass these exams but these last 3 are so so hard. Now i have loads of hours at work too. Student finance is still making me stressed as its not sorted properly yet. Everything is getting complicated. I have so many things to do. I dont even think any of this is worth it. Life is pointless and it just makes me sad, so why am i even bothering. :bawling:

I just randomly broke down and cried in the middle of revising. Everything is getting too much for me. I cant handle it:cry2:
Original post by eddie4921
I feel like giving up

Everything is stressing me out i cant deal with it all. I need to pass these exams but these last 3 are so so hard. Now i have loads of hours at work too. Student finance is still making me stressed as its not sorted properly yet. Everything is getting complicated. I have so many things to do. I dont even think any of this is worth it. Life is pointless and it just makes me sad, so why am i even bothering. :bawling:

I just randomly broke down and cried in the middle of revising. Everything is getting too much for me. I cant handle it:cry2:

Choose one thing to focus on for the moment. Focus on whatever exam is closest and forget about the others until you've done that one. You should be able to sort out your student finance after exams so don't worry about that for now. And make sure you're taking time to relax. You were doing really well before but don't push yourself too hard.

Hope you feel better soon. It's not long till exams are over and then you can relax about it. :console:
Reply 1243
Completely in bits

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1244
Hi im new totgis thread. Im really feeling confused and dejdcted. I saw my psychiatrist yesterday and I feel he dosent get me. I asked him about diagnosis and he said he dosrnt believe in diagnosis and gave me a book to read about '9 types of people'. I dont know how to get accross to him that having a firm diagnosis would help me. Also when i was reffered to the service i was told i woild be recieving cogbitive analytic therapy but the guy left and im just getting psycotherapy.
I dont know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ella2b
Hi im new totgis thread. Im really feeling confused and dejdcted. I saw my psychiatrist yesterday and I feel he dosent get me. I asked him about diagnosis and he said he dosrnt believe in diagnosis and gave me a book to read about '9 types of people'. I dont know how to get accross to him that having a firm diagnosis would help me. Also when i was reffered to the service i was told i woild be recieving cogbitive analytic therapy but the guy left and im just getting psycotherapy.
I dont know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

See if you can get a second referral or second opinion?
I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I had a similar experience in the past where I literally just sat down in my psychiatrist's room and she suddenly decided I was bipolar, then said I'd get medication next session, I went back and she denied everything and said she'd never said any of that, even though my mum was in the room with me for both sessions.
Now I have an amazing psychiatrist. I really hope this current psychiatrist doesn't put you off seeing another one. :hugs:
Felt really sick this morning so went home early. I'm really confused and scared and tired and achy and shaky and unstable and I just don't know why!! I haven't taken my dose yet today cos I felt to ill and i'm worried it'll make me feel worse. I really don't want to be like this next week cos I won't be able to cope with my exams! I'm really confused I feel fine like my mind is clear and everything but it's like i'm out of sync with my body or something cos I'm just not feeling at all well. I'm really scared. I want to cry but I just can't. I don't know what this is!! :erm:
Original post by Kindred
Felt really sick this morning so went home early. I'm really confused and scared and tired and achy and shaky and unstable and I just don't know why!! I haven't taken my dose yet today cos I felt to ill and i'm worried it'll make me feel worse. I really don't want to be like this next week cos I won't be able to cope with my exams! I'm really confused I feel fine like my mind is clear and everything but it's like i'm out of sync with my body or something cos I'm just not feeling at all well. I'm really scared. I want to cry but I just can't. I don't know what this is!! :erm:

:hugs: do you normally take your tablets early in the morning?
I had a similar sort of thing when I was on venlafaxine - if I was 2 hours out on taking my tablets I'd feel dizzy, sick, confused, like everything was spinning, almost flu-ish.
So it could be that, so taking the tablets ASAP would help. However if it's not that I don't know what to suggest, sorry. But I hope you feel better soon.
I hope you're ok :hugs:
Reply 1248
I think i would like to see someone else, but not sure how to go about that. Im not very good at asking people for things in person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ANONYM00SE
:hugs: do you normally take your tablets early in the morning?
I had a similar sort of thing when I was on venlafaxine - if I was 2 hours out on taking my tablets I'd feel dizzy, sick, confused, like everything was spinning, almost flu-ish.
So it could be that, so taking the tablets ASAP would help. However if it's not that I don't know what to suggest, sorry. But I hope you feel better soon.
I hope you're ok :hugs:

I normally take them every morning yeah. I'm not feeling physically sick anymore so I'm going to try to bring myself to take it cos I don't want to get withdrawal tomorrow like last time. I had a late start today so it may have been that my body was expecting it or something. I didn't have much to eat yesterday either so that probably has something to do with it. I usually feel nauseous just before taking it in the morning but this time was so much worse it really worried me. I think the rest is probably just side effects getting a bit worse again and me getting anxious about it so i'm trying to chill out :redface:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Kindred
I normally take them every morning yeah. I'm not feeling physically sick anymore so I'm going to try to bring myself to take it cos I don't want to get withdrawal tomorrow like last time. I had a late start today so it may have been that my body was expecting it or something. I didn't have much to eat yesterday either so that probably has something to do with it. I usually feel nauseous just before taking it in the morning but this time was so much worse it really worried me. I think the rest is probably just side effects getting a bit worse again and me getting anxious about it so i'm trying to chill out :redface:

Thank you :smile:

It's ok I just wanted to put your mind at rest a bit. Venlafaxine was awful for me in respect of taking it at a difference time..... felt like the world was going upside down inside out... blergh dizzzyyy.
Well that was a colossal waste of time. Saw study coach, cried, left early to go give blood, got told I couldn't cos I'm seeing a psychiatrist too often. ****ing depression eh? :rolleyes:
Original post by Ella2b
I think i would like to see someone else, but not sure how to go about that. Im not very good at asking people for things in person

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I wasn't happy with my first meeting I just went through the process again but asked for somebody different that time. There's probably a better way to do it though. Maybe phone them up and say you'd like a second opinion?

If you're not happy with what you received it's totally fine to ask for a second. I'd do the same in your situation. You may not be given a firm diagnosis wherever you go because they won't want to worry or label you or may just not be able to give you something as simple as a one word diagnosis. But how they said it does sound rather odd and you can definitely ask for the therapy.

Good luck :hugs:
Original post by superwolf
Well that was a colossal waste of time. Saw study coach, cried, left early to go give blood, got told I couldn't cos I'm seeing a psychiatrist too often. ****ing depression eh? :rolleyes:

:hugs: Sorry to hear it went badly. :console: Dr Aemiliana recommends tea and any stray chocolate. :P
Reply 1254
Original post by Mouse Potato
How long have you been on it, if you don't mind me asking? I've been on 15mg for about 3 months and I've put on about 26 lbs which is absolutely ridiculous.

I was on 15mg for about 2/3 weeks and then got told to up myself to 30mg by my GP and I've been on 30mg for about 5-6 weeks now. I could actually do with the weight gain given I'm rather underweight but I've had none - or at least no noticeable gain.
Original post by IDukem
Hot beach, blue skies, girls, refreshingly cool sea...that'd be a life worth living :h: Perhaps :innocent: But it was cheesy, cringey and up-beat which is what Eurovision is all about...and the girl was uber pretty in my opinion :tongue:

IDukem's recommendation for FireFlies: Watch How To Lose A Girl In Ten Days :biggrin: It's not really metal to be honest, Nothing But A Good Time is a party happy type song that isn't heavy at all nor does it scream or anything. Listen to that and if you don't like it then fair enough :smile: They made a highly recognisable and popular acoustic song called Every Rose Has It's Thorn which is a great song also and would probably be a better option to listen to actually.:smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaQkMppiHic

It won't necessarily ease up, but i won't be rushing around all the time and so i'd end up actually having more time to them :biggrin:

Go #TeamIBelieve!! :h:

Awwwww have some :lovehug: from lil bro :h:

:lovehug:

Wouldn't it just eh :tongue: Shame it's pouring with rain here :rolleyes: It was that one :L! I watched it again haha. True.. the slow style ballads are boring as hell :|

Haha I will watch it :tongue: when I get round to it one day! I listened to it.. it's alright haha not my type of music though :redface:

How's your day been for the last few days?

Sorry for the short reply once again :redface:

Thanks, :hugs:
Original post by Kindred
Choose one thing to focus on for the moment. Focus on whatever exam is closest and forget about the others until you've done that one. You should be able to sort out your student finance after exams so don't worry about that for now. And make sure you're taking time to relax. You were doing really well before but don't push yourself too hard.

Hope you feel better soon. It's not long till exams are over and then you can relax about it. :console:

thanks. You're right :hugs: And I cant wait for them to be over :happy2:
Someone please give me motivation for my exams :cry2: I've done nothing for 2 weeks and I just can't push myself to do anything :frown: I don't want to end up not getting in to uni this is my last chance :cry2: literally cannot get myself to do anything..... this time last year i was slogging my guts out, working all the time for exams and really really hard... this time around i am doing nothing but feel **** :frown:
Reply 1258
Original post by -FireFlies-
Wouldn't it just eh :tongue: Shame it's pouring with rain here :rolleyes: It was that one :L! I watched it again haha. True.. the slow style ballads are boring as hell :|

Haha I will watch it :tongue: when I get round to it one day! I listened to it.. it's alright haha not my type of music though :redface:

How's your day been for the last few days?

Sorry for the short reply once again :redface:

Thanks, :hugs:

The weather can't seem to make up it's mind over here, sunny then raining then sunny then raining and now it's blue skies and sunshine...what is this wizardry!?!? :tongue: I can't put a finger why it was so good though :wink: I don't mind ballads if done right...but they weren't.

Good and then let me know whatcha think :smile: I knew you wouldn't like it haha, but yeah that's the band i'm listening to lately :smile: Although i'm listening to Bruno Mars a lot too as well :s-smilie:

Up and down, yesterday sucked like hell but today was better and now I can have a break :h: How about you?

No worries as I like them anyway, sorry for my short reply :redface:

Original post by IDukem
The weather can't seem to make up it's mind over here, sunny then raining then sunny then raining and now it's blue skies and sunshine...what is this wizardry!?!? :tongue: I can't put a finger why it was so good though :wink: I don't mind ballads if done right...but they weren't.

Good and then let me know whatcha think :smile: I knew you wouldn't like it haha, but yeah that's the band i'm listening to lately :smile: Although i'm listening to Bruno Mars a lot too as well :s-smilie:

Up and down, yesterday sucked like hell but today was better and now I can have a break :h: How about you?

No worries as I like them anyway, sorry for my short reply :redface:

I know.. the weather is just weird! It was hailstones this morning..then sunny and now cloudy and dark :lol:... yeah agree with you there.. some are boooring.. but this year half the countries just sucked :L

I will indeed :h:.... haha yeah you know me too well :ninja: Bruno Mars ? :love: - Locked out of Heaven... Love that song!

Glad today is better for you though! :hugs: Meh not great really :L

Latest