Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbpuppet)
    I got BBBC in my results, it might not sound astronomically good but by god, I got all A's in my June exams and I cried because I'd done so well from January where I only got CCDE. I studied so, so hard and my dad - who is the toughest guy I've ever met - is sobbing on the floor because he's so proud and I'm about to puke up on my laptop :cheers:
    I think I'm just dumbstruck about the fact that I actually improved so well, and that four months of solid revision from February paid off... Everybody is telling me my mum would be proud of me and it's not helping the tears ha

Congrats all!
    wow well done!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got them yet..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    If your firm says unconditional then you will be going to your firm. There should be a "Congratulations! Your place at X has now been confirmed" or something similar.

No, it doesn't mean you've been rejected. It could mean a number of things such as UCAS hasn't processed the university's decision yet or the university still hasn't made their decision. I'd advise you to go collect your results if you haven't already and if UCAS is still saying the same when you're home, phone your firm university.

Hi guys!

Everyone who has an unconditional firm will be shown adjustment. This does not automatically mean you are eligible though. You must have met AND exceeded your firm offer to be eligible.
    Do I retain my accommodation offer at my UC despite being in adjustment?

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE?!?!?!

I still have not heard from my insurance - my grade is one lower than expected. Should I be calling the clearing number or the general admissions

I am starting to panic now because if they do decline me I may have missed out on all the clearing spaces available in other unis..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lysipud)

I still have not heard from my insurance - my grade is one lower than expected. Should I be calling the clearing number or the general admissions

I am starting to panic now because if they do decline me I may have missed out on all the clearing spaces available in other unis..
    what does it say on your ucas track?

ReputationRep:
    Best results day the school has ever had.

http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co....0815000055.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo F)
    what does it say on your ucas track?
    Conditional offer (firmly accepted)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Where'sPerry?)
    I'm really sorry to hear that Best of luck with whatever you decide to do :console:
    Cheers Perry, enjoy Southampton, I hope you have a great time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frappe framboise)
    AQA French and Spanish Oral marks were MEAN! :angry:
    Yes, very mean I didn't think I'd done that badly, but I got D in Spanish and C in German speaking *sigh*

But overall I got BBB. I was initially disappointed but at least I got into my firm choice

ReputationRep:
    History - A
    English Language - B
    English Literature - B

(A2)

Pretty happy atm

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys - I would love some advice.

My grades are AAAB, and my offers from Imperial and UCL are A*AAA and A*AA respectively. Should I call them up and ask them to reconsider?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Well that's pretty rude.

I'd ring them back - ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to and ask them again when you can expect a decision by.

Is there anywhere in clearing that takes your fancy? If so mention that to them and see if it forces them into a decision.

There is NO HARM in forcing their hand - it's better to force them into rejecting you now than to let them hang on to you for days/weeks and then reject you anyway.

They've had the results for days - the only reason to hang on to you now is because they're hedging their bets over getting someone with better grades in clearing which is downright disgraceful behaviour from a university you've shown commitment to for months.

The know NOW whether they're likely to take you or not...they're only delaying because they're trying to play games.
    I just rang them again and it was the same person. She asked whether i'd rang and i said yeah and explained that i dont know where i stand and she basically said the same thing. She said 'I have no more information and can't specify a timeline'.

ReputationRep:
    I got ACc, so I'm resitting those C's because I need AAB to get into Uni next year! Not as good as I'd hoped but not a complete fail either.

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer (firmly accepted)
    and it says you've been rejected from your first choice? if so give the uni a ring

ReputationRep:
    My edexcel results plus direct thing still wont show my c1 results

ReputationRep:
    Got ABB! 86% in Business, 79.25% in Economics (Should i get remarked?), and 75% in ICT!

ReputationRep:
    AAA Very happy. Was expecting a B in chem. Not sure good enough for medicine though. We'll see.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:

Yeah, they should really get a move on.

Have you started looking at courses in clearing and making a few phone calls?

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Anyone else fed up with their parents posting hundreds of statuses on Facebook? -.-
    Yes

ReputationRep:

Sorry. Well, you should call them up if you have your results. And there is still a possibility that they will accept you despite your results falling short of your offer. Also, if you have only missed your grade by a few UMS do tell them as some unis only received your overall grade and module grades rather than the UMS.

Best of luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.