Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    Ah right. So they don't do this at the French but with clay and just stick to international rankings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just because there's a significantly higher number of clay court tournaments and points on offer. Even outwith the clay court season there's still a lot of clay tournaments (ie. in February), but grass really is exclusive to a small part of the European summer.

Although I don't think introducing different seedings for the other grand slams would be a terrible idea. However, it definitely makes sense for Wimbledon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvalidUsername)
    Just because there's a significantly higher number of clay court tournaments and points on offer. Even outwith the clay court season there's still a lot of clay tournaments (ie. in February), but grass really is exclusive to a small part of the European summer.

Although I don't think introducing different seedings for the other grand slams would be a terrible idea. However, it definitely makes sense for Wimbledon.
    Thank you for your help!

Next week can't come fast enough...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wimbledon Draw potential QFs:

Djokovic-Berdych
    Murray-Ferrer
    Wawrinka-Nadal
    Raonic-Federer

Murray in Djokovic's half and Federer in Nadal's. Nadal's potential first three opponents are Klizan (R1), Rosol (R2), and Karlovic (R3)!

Great draw for Federer in my opinion as there's a good chance that both Wawrinka and Nadal will get knocked out before then. Even if Wawrinka does meet Federer in the QFs I don't think that he will have the balls to truly take on his master at Centre Court, Wimbledon. There are some potential banana skins for Federer though in the form of Benneteau (R2) and Janowicz (R4).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    Wimbledon Draw potential QFs:

Djokovic-Berdych
    Murray-Ferrer
    Wawrinka-Nadal
    Raonic-Federer

Murray in Djokovic's half and Federer in Nadal's. Nadal's potential first three opponents are Klizan (R1), Rosol (R2), and Karlovic (R3)!

Great draw for Federer in my opinion as there's a good chance that both Wawrinka and Nadal will get knocked out before then. Even if Wawrinka does meet Federer in the QFs I don't think that he will have the balls to truly take on his master at Centre Court, Wimbledon. There are some potential banana skins for Federer though in the form of Benneteau (R2) and Janowicz (R4).
    Thanks for the info. What's Murray's potential path?

Aw gawd. Luck is not on Nadal's side this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info. What's Murray's potential path?

Aw gawd. Luck is not on Nadal's side this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're welcome. Predicted: Goffin (R1); Andujar (R2); Bautista-Agut (R3); Anderson/Fognini (R4). That's a fairly cushy draw for Murray if you ask me!

Edit: He could get Dimitrov in the QFs as an alternative to Ferrer.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome. Predicted: Goffin (R1); Andujar (R2); Bautista-Agut (R3); Anderson/Fognini (R4). That's a fairly cushy draw for Murray if you ask me!

Edit: He could get Dimitrov in the QFs as an alternative to Ferrer.
    Goffin's not thaaaaat bad... is he? But yeah, he's got a fairly simple path to the QF compared to the others.

I'm rooting for dimitrov. I hope he can beat Murray if they meet.

Damn I'm so excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So potential SF would be djok/murray and fed/nadal or could it be a combination of those?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Goffin's not thaaaaat bad... is he? But yeah, he's got a fairly simple path to the QF compared to the others.

I'm rooting for dimitrov. I hope he can beat Murray if they meet.

Damn I'm so excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Goffin never made it beyond the first round of a GS in the whole of 2013. I also saw a bit of him at Queen's and wasn't impressed. Can't really see him challenging Murray at all.

I value Murray only in so far as he exists as a threat to Nadal on grass should they meed in the second week, so if Nadal bows out early then I will have my fingers crossed for Murray to follow suit.

ReputationRep:
    Although Wimbledon is Federer's best shout at another GS let's not forget that in recent times he has bowed out of the majors early don't be surprised if Wimbledon follows suit. Murray can go far or maybe win it, especially since Djokovic's wrist injury has flared up again. This might be one of the most open GSs in ages

ReputationRep:
    I want a Nadal Murray final, and more particularly the Big 4 semi again. There still is a Big 4 in my opinion only the slow demise of Federer and the back surgery of Murray is stopping it from being so clear. I am rooting for Murray but it will be difficult.

Women's draw has thrown up a Serena vs Maria quarter final!!! So excited for Wimbledon this year!

ReputationRep:
    Great opportunity for Fed in my eyes. Dreadful draw for Nadal, come on Hewitt!!

ReputationRep:
    good draw for Murray, can't wait for next week :excited:

ReputationRep:
    Shock.. the draw aims for Fedal.

ReputationRep:
    How touch is Federer' draw? Bennetau, Janowicz, Wawrinka and Nadal. You have got to be kidding me.

ReputationRep:
    Both Nadal and Federer have gotten pretty rough draws, Murray should make it to the SFs without breaking much of a sweat (except maybe if he gets Dimitrov in the QFs). Djokovic should be ok until the QFs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    How touch is Federer' draw? Bennetau, Janowicz, Wawrinka and Nadal. You have got to be kidding me.
    Benneteau and Janowicz haven't really been performing very well this year, and there are reports that Wawrinka has caught a fever. Nadal's first three rounds are quite tough so there is a good chance he won't make it to the second week. With a bit of luck, this draw may open up very nicely for Federer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually liking the draw for Federer - his one difficult round before the semis could well be Round 2 with Benneteau or Muller. Don't know if Wawrinka will make it to the Quarters, so it seems like a good route through on paper. If Nadal can't make it out of his section, it would be set up well for him to reach another final.
    Andy Murray could probably sleepwalk into the quarters/semis - don't see anyone really troubling him unless Dimitrov or Ferrer reach that stage and play to the best of their abilities
    Djokovic's draw is average - not too easy, not too difficult - his consistency at the Slams should easily see him through to the semis. The question is whether or not he would come unstuck against Murray

Definitely a return to historic match-ups

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know if there's an order of play out yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Benneteau and Janowicz haven't really been performing very well this year, and there are reports that Wawrinka has caught a fever. Nadal's first three rounds are quite tough so there is a good chance he won't make it to the second week. With a bit of luck, this draw may open up very nicely for Federer.
    Let's hope so. I do think that Wawrinka won't really trouble Federer much on grass, should they meet. The only real threat is Nadal but he might not make it so you never know Federer could be in the final.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know if there's an order of play out yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No they usually do it on Sunday afternoon/evening, but Murray will be first out on Centre Court on Monday as he begins his title defence

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.