Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Any one heard from Cumbria or had an interview?.... I'm still waiting to hear from them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessie113)
    Has anybody heard back from Derby, Bedfordshire, Anglia Ruskin, Suffolk or Greenwich for adult nursing? If so how long did it take to receive an invite for interview / tests ? Getting so impatient now ������
    I've got my offer from Derby, but i'm at the Chesterfield Campus!
    Hope yours are going well!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody at Derby uni, March 2015 cohort?
    I'm on the Chesterfield campus and i know there's not many of us but just finding one person would be nice!!

Hope everything is going well for everyone! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollynicky)
    Any one heard from Cumbria or had an interview?.... I'm still waiting to hear from them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have an interveiw for Learning Disability nursing there in a few weeks. I'm still waiting for a response from 3 others though, I've never felt so impatient in my life!
    What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe12218)
    I have an interveiw for Learning Disability nursing there in a few weeks. I'm still waiting for a response from 3 others though, I've never felt so impatient in my life!
    Hey good luck with your interview! The wait is a nightmare especially when its your second time applying! I just want to know whether I have an interview or not haha! I'm waiting on 2 others! Have you any other interviews? And I've applied for children's!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DianaOj)
    Has anyone had their assessment for Kings and was been given an offer/been invited to attend the MMI's?
    Hi Diana, I haven't heard back yet, hoping it isn't too much longer to wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missknowlese)
    I've got my offer from Derby, but i'm at the Chesterfield Campus!
    Hope yours are going well!
    Well done! Derby will be my first choice so I'm so impatiently waiting for them to contact me 😬 thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Bedfordshire?? not my first choice, just want to hear back!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie__)
    Has anyone heard anything from Bedfordshire?? not my first choice, just want to hear back!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not yet either, when did you have your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie__)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't heard back yet, I had my interview in November I rang their admissions last week and they said that they'd get back to us once they've done all the interviews which will be around April When did you have your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheYoungOne95)
    I GOT AN OFF THEN TOO- I'm so surprised I absolutely love it and but thought that with only 14ish places I'd never get in. When I got the email I almost cried
    Hey! Well done on getting an offer! Which branch/field of nursing was it for? I was wondering if they are your first choice, and if you know anything about the DBS and occupational health check proccess. Will they email us? Also have you been invited to an applicant day? I haven't, but I've read in other threads that people who were given offers for other courses have been

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kpaskk)
    GOT AN OFFER FOR CHILDRENS NURSING AT OXFORD BROOKES! So unbelieving happy!!! Anyone else?? I heard last night

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you selected them as your top choice? I was wondering if you know anything about applicant days and the process of the DBS and occupational health check? Will they email us? Really well done on the offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe12218)
    I'm also an LD applicant. Haven't come across many on here x

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had their assessment for Kings and was been given an offer/been invited to attend the MMI's?
    Hi again (:
    I got invited to an MMI scheduled for next week but I had to reschedule. When's yours? And congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseN9)
    Hi again (:
    I got invited to an MMI scheduled for next week but I had to reschedule. When's yours? And congrats!!
    Yaaay! Congratulations And well done on your offer from LSBU!!!
    I haven't heard back from King's yet after the initial assessment, but I did it pretty recently (14th of Jan) so no news is better than bad news eyy?? :P
    I have an assessment for LSBU on the 23rd and I have heard very mixed opinions about their assessments >.< ... Any tips you could throw my way... ahaha I'd be very grateful! How are you other choices going? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hullaballoon)
    Thanks! Well when I went to the interview it was specifically for child nursing students, so I'm not sure if the adult nursing interview will be the same! But it should be along the same lines, so I'll just say a little bit about how the day went.

In the morning you all go into a room for a presentation on the course, things like accommodation and placement areas etc. Before the presentation there was a little "ice-breaker" of sorts where we all just went around and said our names and what we were currently studying/working (although that could have just been something the child nursing lecturer did, I don't know about yours!). It was really nice though, and was the only interview I've been to that did that.

After the presentation we had our maths and english tests, and I really don't think you need to worry about these too much, it's not complicated, I promise! Just remember your calculator, and you'll breeze through it.

Then we had lunch (it was provided for us, which was super cool!) and a chance to talk to current nursing students which was very helpful. We were then told what groups we were in, something like Groups 1-5, and there are about 5/6 of you in each group and each group goes into a separate room for MMIs. You can't really prepare for them, just take your time answering them and try not to stress about it (Easier said than done, I know). After that you can go!

Honestly, Surrey was the nicest interview I went to and I actually sort of enjoyed it. The staff were all really friendly and it was structured really well. Good luck with your interview, I'm sure you'll do great!
    Was the numeracy test worded questions, or straight forward type of questions??
    Also how long did you spend at the uni?

ReputationRep:
    Yaaay! Congratulations And well done on your offer from LSBU!!!
    I haven't heard back from King's yet after the initial assessment, but I did it pretty recently (14th of Jan) so no news is better than bad news eyy?? :P
    I have an assessment for LSBU on the 23rd and I have heard very mixed opinions about their assessments >.< ... Any tips you could throw my way... ahaha I'd be very grateful! How are you other choices going? x
    Thank you so much! I'm so happy!
    How did it go? Yeah they told me within two weeks so keep positive
    So for your assessment I would advise you to do their sample papers that they have on their website.
    The maths questions were easy, I thought.
    After the maths you get a break while they mark them, and then those who are successful, complete the literacy. It is a comprehension task and a small essay which relates to care, responsibility etc.
    I'm sure you'll be fine! I felt as though LSBU was much less intense than Kings so as you've done KCL I'm more than confident you'll be fine with this one.

Any more questions, feel free to ask away

I've got a selection day at Bucks on weds. MMI rescheduled at Kings. Rejection from Nottingham today :confused:

How about you? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseN9)
    Thank you so much! I'm so happy!
    How did it go? Yeah they told me within two weeks so keep positive
    So for your assessment I would advise you to do their sample papers that they have on their website.
    The maths questions were easy, I thought.
    After the maths you get a break while they mark them, and then those who are successful, complete the literacy. It is a comprehension task and a small essay which relates to care, responsibility etc.
    I'm sure you'll be fine! I felt as though LSBU was much less intense than Kings so as you've done KCL I'm more than confident you'll be fine with this one.

Any more questions, feel free to ask away

I've got a selection day at Bucks on weds. MMI rescheduled at Kings. Rejection from Nottingham today :confused:

How about you? x
    Oh few! I can halt on the refresh button on my email. They told us about a week and I've been getting a little worked up >.< I will thanks .

Thank you very much! I did hear similar comments on how the day went, I just wasn't sure how close their sample questions were to the actual assessments this year. Fingers, toes, hair crossed all the same ahaha

Do you know the new date for your MMI at KCL then? Because I was sent an email stating that the next MMI date (if I passed the assessments) would be on the 5th of Feb...

All the best for Bucks, which I'm sure you'll ace with two assessments under your belt already Awww sorry about Nottingham :/ rejections are not pretty at all. You still have pretty awesome university choices! x

City university: Unsuccessful, missed the maths by 1 mark
    Anglia R: Awaiting decision
    Kings: Waiting for results
    LSBU: Have an assessment
    West London: Have interview

:eek: Very different stages for each one

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer from keele?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh few! I can halt on the refresh button on my email. They told us about a week and I've been getting a little worked up >.< I will thanks .

Thank you very much! I did hear similar comments on how the day went, I just wasn't sure how close their sample questions were to the actual assessments this year. Fingers, toes, hair crossed all the same ahaha

Do you know the new date for your MMI at KCL then? Because I was sent an email stating that the next MMI date (if I passed the assessments) would be on the 5th of Feb...

All the best for Bucks, which I'm sure you'll ace with two assessments under your belt already Awww sorry about Nottingham :/ rejections are not pretty at all. You still have pretty awesome university choices! x

City university: Unsuccessful, missed the maths by 1 mark
    Anglia R: Awaiting decision
    Kings: Waiting for results
    LSBU: Have an assessment
    West London: Have interview

:eek: Very different stages for each one
    Hahaha good luck!

I emailed through the Kings application portal to confirm my reschedule but I haven't heard back yet. I'll let you know when I hear

Thanksss! And tbh I'm not really bothered about Nottingham because I know it's so competitive, especially for children's nursing and I want to stay in London as well

Ooo unlucky with city, but not the end of the world.

Best of luck for your decision with Kings, your assessment at LSBU and your interview at West London x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.