Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Thread XX Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    The fact that Arsene hasn't (as far as we know) gone for Remy or Mandzukic implies that he's not looking for a second striker of a similar ability to Giroud. Which means he's either

a) trying to get in a TOP striker instead
    b) not looking to improve our striker situation
    c) thinking that Sanchez will solve everything

I'm obviously hoping it's a but it's probably c
    Sanchez will play up front, no doubt about that. Wenger pretty much confirmed this subtly in some interviews after the transfer. With a fully fit squad we could play one of Sanchez/Walcott/Podolski/Sanogo/Campbell up front. If Giroud isn't in form we have depth there.

GK, CDM and third choice CB are main priorities ATM if Verm leaves. No point bringing in a striker if they're not world class. Walcott could probably perform better than the likes of Remy up front anyway tbf.

ReputationRep:
    yh i agree with little tom. don't know why you man think wenger is gonna bring in a striker when he wave 3 wingers that can play there plus the kids... always said Wenger is gonna stick with Giroud.

yh little_tom went in with that post ^^^^ i'm just repeating what he's saying so i'll just stop rofl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    yh i agree with little tom. don't know why you man think wenger is gonna bring in a striker when he wave 3 wingers that can play there plus the kids... always said Wenger is gonna stick with Giroud.

yh little_tom went in with that post ^^^^ i'm just repeating what he's saying so i'll just stop rofl.
    Do you think we can win the league with Giroud leading our line? This isn't no sarcastic question - I'm being serious

Do you think if we strengthen everywhere else & keep giroud up front, do you reckon we could do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Do you think we can win the league with Giroud leading our line? This isn't no sarcastic question - I'm being serious

Do you think if we strengthen everywhere else & keep giroud up front, do you reckon we could do it?
    I have no doubt if you get a DM you should do it personally(withstanding an injury crisis)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    I have no doubt if you get a DM you should do it personally(withstanding an injury crisis)
    If Wenger keeps faith in Giroud, there's no doubt he'll play him.. I can see Sanchez being used wide so, a FULLY for squad is:

Sczcensy
    Debuchy Merta Kosc Gibbs
    DM Ramsey
    Walcott Ozil Sanchez
    Giroud

Then if we were to utilise Girouds strengths & use our pace we'll probably see this:

^ ^
    ^ Giroud ^
    ^ ^
    Sanchez ^ Ozil Walcott
    ^
    Ramsey DM

If so, we need the DM to stay put because if he bombs forwards too then it's peak, because ozil ain't tracking back for sh*t..

Also, Debuchy is a real attacking RB so we could get done over on the counter.. See Anfeild in feb

I would however do this:

Sanchez
    Ox Ozil Walcott
    Ramsey DM

If we get a pure pure DM then we could even do this
    Giroud
    Sanchez Walcott
    Santi/Rambo Ozil
    DM

Though I assume that ^ will probably be the first lineup in attacking mode lol

ReputationRep:
    Guys I've been thinking really hard about it and I've come to the conclusion to say that Arteta is the GOAT CDM and that includes being above Viera

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Guys I've been thinking really hard about it and I've come to the conclusion to say that Arteta is the GOAT CDM and that includes being above Viera

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Arteta definitely had a better control of a game and is categorically the better passer.

Does that mean he's a GOAT CDM for Arsenal, not too sure. Definitely better than Song though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)

Nope. He just isn't good enough. We ain't winning the league with his back to goal. No way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Arteta definitely had a better control of a game and is categorically the better passer.

Does that mean he's a GOAT CDM for Arsenal, not too sure. Definitely better than Song though.
    :lolwut:

Vieira dominated the midfield, and not just against fodder teams, against the likes of Liverpool or United in their own back yard. In the late 90s & early 00s we played a very physical game and Vieira was the key to this. He was the complete midfielder, very rarely do you come across a player that can read the game so well defensively and offensively.

Arteta should be compared to Gilberto Silva anyway, not Vieira, but even that would be a disservice. Lets just move on from this discussion.

ReputationRep:
    Zlatan on Vieira

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    Arteta is a monster

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Arteta is a monster

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl2:

Good one!

ReputationRep:
    Wenger on Walcott:

"We expect him to be back in full training at the end of August"

As much as I want to believe that, almost all the predictions of our injured players returning have been wrong, and have been delayed by 3-4 weeks at least :/

Which is pretty peak seeing as we play City (A), Everton (A), we'll have the two legged champs league play-offs in August. Then in sept we'll have City (H), a champions league game or two, and Spurs (H). Then we have Chelsea (A) in the first week of October.

Regardless of who we sign, Walcott is one of our most important players :/

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/joel_campbell12/...09975215915008

joel campbell will become a starter before november. the lad is hungry for it

u think he was dusting away godin and friends just for his country last month?
    u think he was deading the moysie boys in greece just to impress the olympiakos fans?
    u think he was doing a next ting against pirlo and protege son veratti just for show last month?

nahhh

the lad was showing the world what he can do in the past few months.

he wont sit on the bench believe.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we've had a bid of £24m rejected for William Carvalho. Was the metro though so huge pinch of salt is required.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    :lolwut:

Vieira dominated the midfield, and not just against fodder teams, against the likes of Liverpool or United in their own back yard. In the late 90s & early 00s we played a very physical game and Vieira was the key to this. He was the complete midfielder, very rarely do you come across a player that can read the game so well defensively and offensively.

Arteta should be compared to Gilberto Silva anyway, not Vieira, but even that would be a disservice. Lets just move on from this discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Apparently we've had a bid of £24m rejected for William Carvalho. Was the metro though so huge pinch of salt is required.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly Metro will do anything to get hits on their website, it's actually a sound business plan when you think about it.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also reports we've bid, and have had accepted, 15.8m for Balotelli. But I think it's absolute bull.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My friend who is Portuguese has been waxing lyrical's about him. He tells that he will be worth his €37 million release clause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Also reports we've bid, and have had accepted, 15.8m for Balotelli. But I think it's absolute bull.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That came from Caught Offside and then got picked up by the BBC which made everyone think it was happening, when in reality they were just recycling the bull CO said.

His value absolutely plummeted after the WC and didn't those in charge come out and say he was available for as little as £15m? Would take him for that price.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.