tbf loads of people applying econ at lse on tsr have 95ums+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by as421)
    ooo economics or medicine guys?
    economics duh #£££££££

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by as421)
    ooo economics or medicine guys?
    Somehow I think you're going to get lots of economics answers seeing as you're on an economics thread

I would say if you're questioning whether to do medicine or not though you probably shouldn't do it tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Somehow I think you're going to get lots of economics answers seeing as you're on an economics thread

I would say if you're questioning whether to do medicine or not though you probably shouldn't do it tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmmm I guess that depends - I'm taking Econ as an A Level and I'm enjoying it a lot (having done it for GCSE for the last two years too)
    But I'm aiming to be medic with most of my A Levels being more orientated towards the science-y side..
    Generally just wondering which one of the two sounds most appealing 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by as421)
    Hmmmm I guess that depends - I'm taking Econ as an A Level and I'm enjoying it a lot (having done it for GCSE for the last two years too)
    But I'm aiming to be medic with most of my A Levels being more orientated towards the science-y side..
    Generally just wondering which one of the two sounds most appealing 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you year 12? For med you'll have needed to have done loads of work exp already

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Are you year 12? For med you'll have needed to have done loads of work exp already

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep Y12 - I've got 3 experiences so far under my belt and hopefully another 2 or 3 more within the next year
    I've been offered an interview for an outreach scheme but if that doesn't work out i might weigh out my options and see where it takes me (basically if all else fails economics it is) 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    I know this was sarcastic but the latter part of your sentence holds some truth.
    The UMS aren't perfect, but I'm pretty sure they're good enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by as421)
    Yep Y12 - I've got 3 experiences so far under my belt and hopefully another 2 or 3 more within the next year
    I've been offered an interview for an outreach scheme but if that doesn't work out i might weigh out my options and see where it takes me (basically if all else fails economics it is) 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah ok seems like you've got it sorted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me when I can expect to be told whether or not I'm getting an interview for Econ at King's Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamc1997)
    Can anyone tell me when I can expect to be told whether or not I'm getting an interview for Econ at King's Cambridge?
    I applied to jesus and they said that they send interview letters in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of November and I'm guessing that they're all similar in their reply times, so you might hear tomorrow mate! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamc1997)
    On their application information page it says "Invitation to interviews in Cambridge
    (information for 15-30 Nov)"

so I'm guessing that is the range of dates you should expect to hear about getting an interview or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Follett)
    Charlton season ticket

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good lad, that's a good investment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah.97)
    What was your stats? & how did you qualify?
    For what?

ReputationRep:
    What was your stats? & how did you qualify?
    7A* 4 A at gcse.
    AAAAB at as in maths economics biology business chemistry
    Predicted A*A*A in maths economics biology
    I just received an email from the admissions department offering me an academic scholarship on the basis that I firm them and also I have to get A*AA instead of the AAA they originally offered me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylank)
    Good lad, that's a good investment
    Couldn't agree more

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    I applied to jesus and they said that they send interview letters in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of November and I'm guessing that they're all similar in their reply times, so you might hear tomorrow mate! haha
    they send letterS? I'm a Jesus econ applicant too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylank)
    For what?
    Scholarship / bursary?

ReputationRep:
    Scholarship / bursary?
    Scholarship

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmelinelu)
    they send letterS? I'm a Jesus econ applicant too
    Well an email effectively , ah cool what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Surely that's not true.
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    The UMS aren't perfect, but I'm pretty sure they're good enough
    You underestimate the competition at LSE. They could well be good enough it depends on the rest of their application, but I've seen people with incredible scores get rejected.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.