The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the A* guy
Ahhh well it's a lot better than a rejection, what is your UKCAT like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1241
Ahhh well it's a lot better than a rejection, what is your UKCAT like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

707.5 so not the best either :/ arghhhhh f*** my life
Original post by Dralya
707.5 so not the best either :/ arghhhhh f*** my life

Well that's not bad at all. That could give you an offer later. Someone from my school last year was waiting listed and had a Ukcat of 702.5 and they got an offer eventually and he had AAB grades. Plus this year UKCAT scores are much lower so don't give up hope it's very possible you can get an offer later. 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1243
Well that's not bad at all. That could give you an offer later. Someone from my school last year was waiting listed and had a Ukcat of 702.5 and they got an offer eventually and he had AAB grades. Plus this year UKCAT scores are much lower this year so don't give up hope it's very possible you can give an offer later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks man. I'm on my second gap year now so this is my third year of trying so I'm in such a crap place at the moment waiting and waiting :/ congrats to you though!!
Original post by Dralya
thanks man. I'm on my second gap year now so this is my third year of trying so I'm in such a crap place at the moment waiting and waiting :/ congrats to you though!!

Thank you, I know the feeling, I'm on a gap year and know how horrible the continual feeling of waiting is. I just hope you get an offer this year, from your sheer commitment you deserve a place. Hopefully SGUL give you one eventually. Do you have any other interviews?
Reply 1245
Thank you, I know the feeling, I'm on a gap year and know how horrible the continual feeling of waiting is. I just hope you get an offer this year, from your sheer commitment you deserve a place. Hopefully SGUL give you one eventually. Do you have any other interviews?

ahhhh thank you ):
yeah I had a Cardiff one last week and I've got UEA next month. got rejected from Exeter with A*AA which makes no sense but yeah
Original post by Dralya
ahhhh thank you ):
yeah I had a Cardiff one last week and I've got UEA next month. got rejected from Exeter with A*AA which makes no sense but yeah

Good luck with those two. I have no idea why A*AA isn't enough for Exeter this year its really strange. :frown:
Reply 1247
Reply 1248
Just got an offer!!!! 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey has your track changed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lg2012

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope but It doesn't really matter It will soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer!!!! 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations omg!!!
Guys I have an offer I'm so happy (Track hasn't updated though) :'))))))) Don't give up to all of you still waiting!!!!

Nope but It doesn't really matter It will soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello potential course mates!!!!!!
Original post by EmilyKvothe
Just got a rejection from them, post interview :frown:

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that. Stay strong though!! All the best for your upcoming interview! Be confident :smile: xx
Original post by EmilyKvothe
Just got a rejection from them, post interview :frown:

Oh no... I guess you have more to come so you should just use this as a learning tool to improve next time. How did you feel it went on the day, though?
Found out I got an offer during lunch break at work 😊 I played cool though. Interview was on the 4th December

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lg2012

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by hogsmeades
Guys I have an offer I'm so happy (Track hasn't updated though) :'))))))) Don't give up to all of you still waiting!!!!

My track just updated, check yours.
Got an offer too today! :biggrin:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Congratulations omg!!!

Thank you.
Original post by lazymedic
MMI's are bliss :smile: Because you can mess up in one station but still pull it back in the others, plus most of interviewers know nothing about your grades or PS so that allows everyone to be judged fairly.

These competences?

Academic ability and intellect
Empathy
Initiative and resilience
Communication skills
Organisation and problem solving
Team work
Insight and integrity
Effective learning style

Hmmmm they assessed most of them informally, in the sense that they didn't have a specific station for most of them. For example communication skills is tested in every single station but on the other hand Empathy does have it's own station (Role play).

I just wrote this long email about the interview and prep, I'll PM you that and anyone else who wants it.

:smile:

Hi, I'm currently waiting for an interview ~hopefully~ from sgul and I'd really appreciate a PM if it's not too much:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending